NFL 2015 - Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the addition of Wade Phillips we should be very solid. Trevathan comes back also

Ware Trevathan Marshall Von
Jackson Williams Wolfe

Very good front 7 which will surprise casuals.

Massive question mark at FS the only real concern on D

With the addition of Wade Phillips we should be very solid. Trevathan comes back also

Ware Trevathan Marshall Von
Jackson Williams Wolfe

Very good front 7 which will surprise casuals.

Massive question mark at FS the only real concern on D
Warn me next time you are going to make me erect

I would have thought that Ware's ability in coverage, especially at his age when he hasn't done it all that much in his career would be a bit of a question mark too (unless Von's going to be the one in coverage when only rushing 4 out of the base defense, in which case its a moot point)

I would have thought that Ware's ability in coverage, especially at his age when he hasn't done it all that much in his career would be a bit of a question mark too (unless Von's going to be the one in coverage when only rushing 4 out of the base defense, in which case its a moot point)
I imagine they will use him the same way Peppers was used by the Packers.

I don't think going to a 3-4 will change much. Hardly anyone plays a straight 3-4 any more. It's all about sub-packages.
Couldn't agree more.

What will categorically change is the percentage of time we bring more than 4 rushers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are in championship contention until Peyton retires, then we have Brock and the only way is up?
True, the only way is up after Brock takes you to 0-16 :p

Profootballtalk confirms offset language is the hold up with Marcus Mariota's rookie contract.

This week's absurd "surfing clause" rumors have been put to rest. The Titans want to prevent Mariota from "double dipping" in the event he is released before the conclusion of his rookie contract, while Mariota is wisely avoiding caving. No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston agreed to offset language, but this should be a fight Mariota wins if he sticks to his guns. The Titans can't afford to let Mariota miss any time in camp. No. 3 overall pick Dante Fowler's deal does not include offset language.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

====================

ESPN's Paul Kuharsky reports there's "no truth at all" to rumors that an anti-surfing clause is the hold up in Marcus Mariota's rookie contract.

With NFL "news" at its lowest ebb of the year, this is a "report" that's been making the rounds this week. Although teams often move to protect themselves against potentially-dangerous activities like surfing, we highly doubt this is the kink in the sides' prospective agreement. It's almost certainly a squabble over offset language.

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Cowboys believe unsigned franchise player Dez Bryant is bluffing about holding out and missing games.

The two sides met Friday, and Cole reports "no progress" was made. He even went as far to say the Cowboys believe Bryant is having money problems and wouldn't be able to afford missing paychecks. Dallas isn't budging off the long-term offer its already made to Bryant and will either tell him to sign the deal or play out the season on the one-year, $12.82 million franchise tender.

Source: Bleacher Report

I never cared much for the elites in the MCC.

Until I was on my way to the footy tonight and I heard Cam Newton on The Rub. It's the first time I've ever wished I was an MCC member, so I could go and get a photo (or at least get punched in the face by his entourage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back