NFL 2015 - Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profootballtalk confirms offset language is the hold up with Marcus Mariota's rookie contract.

This week's absurd "surfing clause" rumors have been put to rest. The Titans want to prevent Mariota from "double dipping" in the event he is released before the conclusion of his rookie contract, while Mariota is wisely avoiding caving. No. 1 overall pick Jameis Winston agreed to offset language, but this should be a fight Mariota wins if he sticks to his guns. The Titans can't afford to let Mariota miss any time in camp. No. 3 overall pick Dante Fowler's deal does not include offset language.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

====================

ESPN's Paul Kuharsky reports there's "no truth at all" to rumors that an anti-surfing clause is the hold up in Marcus Mariota's rookie contract.

With NFL "news" at its lowest ebb of the year, this is a "report" that's been making the rounds this week. Although teams often move to protect themselves against potentially-dangerous activities like surfing, we highly doubt this is the kink in the sides' prospective agreement. It's almost certainly a squabble over offset language.

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

pity, I kinda liked the 'surfing' story.

that is some run

giphy.gif

People keep forgetting that Murray was used like a pack mule last year. I think there is only one player in history who has taken as many snaps as Murray last year who has then gone on to have a decent season the following year. If Murray stays in Dallas I doubt he has as successful a year again.

Mind you, if he stayed in Dallas I'm sure that is all we would be hearing and how Dallas over paid for him.

Next season will show. I'm not confident of Randle and McFadden but I still don't regret letting Murray go.

People keep forgetting that Murray was used like a pack mule last year. I think there is only one player in history who has taken as many snaps as Murray last year who has then gone on to have a decent season the following year. If Murray stays in Dallas I doubt he has as successful a year again.

Mind you, if he stayed in Dallas I'm sure that is all we would be hearing and how Dallas over paid for him.

Next season will show. I'm not confident of Randle and McFadden but I still don't regret letting Murray go.

Yeah, no way Murray will be in for that much work at the Eagles & will be sharing it around with Mathews & Sproles. & could Tebow be recast as a part time back of sorts? I wouldn't be surprised.

So I'm right then?

You cant include the most recent winner as they have yet to start the following year so your stat is last nine champs which put it back to the seahawks beating the donkeys as the last champ to be a valid stat. So no your not.
Why didn't you just say 10 years? Because your hiding in the closet. Get used to this, we are only in July :)

You cant include the most recent winner as they have yet to start the following year so your stat is last nine champs which put it back to the seahawks beating the donkeys as the last champ to be a valid stat. So no your not.
Why didn't you just say 10 years? Because your hiding in the closet. Get used to this, we are only in July :)
I didn't :)

Year Champion Next year
2005 Steelers Missed playoffs
2006 Colts Lost to SD in divisional
2007 Giants Lost to PHI in divisional
2008 Steelers Missed playoffs
2009 Saints Lost to SEA in wild card
2010 Packers Lost to NYG in divisional
2011 Giants Missed playoffs
2012 Ravens Missed playoffs
2013 Seahawks Won Divisional + NFC Championship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh for god....:drunk: ok look ill give you your NINE champs theory
Just for my own sanity as ive been up for 24 hours smoking crack 2014-9 = is 05 isnt it? or 2013/14-9 is 2004/05
According to your list which is off by the following year im assuming whats the deal with all those teams making the divisional game? I thought you said didnt win a playoff game the following year?

I never cared much for the elites in the MCC.

Until I was on my way to the footy tonight and I heard Cam Newton on The Rub. It's the first time I've ever wished I was an MCC member, so I could go and get a photo (or at least get punched in the face by his entourage.)
Newton was at the G again today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back