News 2015 preseason training news and updates

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
"During his time at Collingwood, membership grew from 38,587 to more than 80,000 and commercial revenues enjoyed huge increases."

If that was due to him, and he can apply the same know-how with the Cats, that can only be a good thing!

Maybe the Collingwood supporters got advanced payments from centrelink ?.

If he's not knocking Chris Scott's door of its hinges begging to play the next two games I'd be very, very surprised. There shouldn't be a more desperate guy on the list for senior football.
And then there’s cursed midfielder Josh Cowan, who with a bit of luck will also be playing by Round 1, most likely in the VFL.

Source: Nick Wade, Geelong Addy.

It looks to me like he's had some sort of a set back.

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
And then there’s cursed midfielder Josh Cowan, who with a bit of luck will also be playing by Round 1, most likely in the VFL.

Source: Nick Wade, Geelong Addy.

It looks to me like he's had some sort of a set back.

I don't think he has had a setback at all.
Just was managed for NAB1. I don't know why maybe the conditions weren't great for his comeback...
I am expecting him to play NAB2 or NAB3, or both.
If he shows enough then sure he could come straight into AFL team Round 1 against the Hawks.
But with the club being conservative usually about these things I am expecting 1-3 weeks in VFL before AFL call-up.

sauron256

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Taz
AFL Club
Geelong
Just was managed for NAB1. I don't know why maybe the conditions weren't great for his comeback...
If he shows enough then sure he could come straight into AFL team Round 1 against the Hawks.
But with the club being conservative usually about these things I am expecting 1-3 weeks in VFL before AFL call-up.
Yep, can't see Cowan being ready to step up play AFL after 1-2 NAB games after such a long layoff. Although VFL round 1 is AFL round 3 right? So realistically probably means we won't see him until AFL round 5+ if this is the case.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
:thumbsu:
I read "cursed" and "setback" and my heart fell into my boots-
Thank goodness you settled me back down!!
Too many whispers and journos trying to write a piece when there's nothing to write about.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
For those interested in ACL data- Turbocat et. al.
from the AFL website today:
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 4.49.30 pm.png

Steve Johnson is engaged to Erin Briggs, hopefully a father son pick is not far away. :D
They've already got the son part... Archie Johnson - should be ready about 2030.

They've already got the son part... Archie Johnson - should be ready about 2030.
Yeah and if his sporting ability as a 2 or 3 year old is anything to go by he will be an absolute freak show

Um. Wasn't his original mishap during a final?
Why ruin a good theory with facts. The bible doesn't rely on facts, neither should you;)

Back