News 2015 preseason training news and updates

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a really strange comparison. As I've seen it, Blease has always been an 'icing on the cake' type, which would obviously not be top of Melbourne's list of priorities, the entire time that he was at the club (Blease's career win%: 18.1). His main issues were initially injuries and then endurance and partly his defensive side, not his skills. I don't recall endurance and playing both ways really being a problem with Clarke. We all know what the flaw in his game was. Yet he was quite a valuable player for us for a few years.

will fit in nicely at the cattery

It's a really strange comparison. As I've seen it, Blease has always been an 'icing on the cake' type, which would obviously not be top of Melbourne's list of priorities, the entire time that he was at the club (Blease's career win%: 18.1). His main issues were initially injuries and then endurance and partly his defensive side, not his skills. I don't recall endurance and playing both ways really being a problem with Clarke. We all know what the flaw in his game was. Yet he was quite a valuable player for us for a few years.

Definitely had the capacity to excite. Could have been a very memorable player if he had just got that kicking right.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-10/end-is-nigh-for-corey

THREE-time Geelong premiership defender Corey Enright says he will almost certainly retire at the end of the 2015 season.

Enright has been one of the greats of the Cats' golden era under coaches Mark Thompson and Chris Scott, playing in all three of the Cats' recent premierships (2007, 2009 and 2011) and winning the club's best and fairest award in the latter two flag-winning seasons.

The 33-year-old told SEN radio on Tuesday morning that he was approaching this season all but convinced it would be his last.

Sad but expected. :(

Hmm, at times through Scarlo's last season it looked like he had already "retired" mentally and he was just going through the motions.
Hopefully Enright doesn't do the same and they keep playing him like that.

Not surprisingly, Enright has done the absolute right thing for the club. They know even before the season starts he's finishing up, there's one list management decision that just got easier.

The AFL website need to brush up on their maths though. It's his 16th pre-season this year, not 17th.

There is the potential for it to become a distraction though, which I'm sure is the last thing Enright wants. If the Cats are defying the odds again and are in the premiership mix heading into September, it could absolutely dominate the headlines. Still, cross that bridge if we get to it. As long as opposition teams aren't making halftime presentations to Enright, NBA-style, as he embarks on his farewell tour, I'm sure it will be fine.

I heard he was a stand out on the training track over the summer, even setting a new personal best in his time trial/s.
This. Reckon Boris will have a stellar season. Can't wait for his 300th game - although if he plays every game, will be on June 21, the day after our baby's due date. Might need to ask Mrs Sauron to hold on for a few days extra. :p

Hmm, at times through Scarlo's last season it looked like he had already "retired" mentally and he was just going through the motions.
Hopefully Enright doesn't do the same and they keep playing him like that.

The noises I've heard coming from Enright and Bartel and our leadership group choices make me think we're loading up for a big crack at the flag this year. I'm sure that's the mentality guys like Boris, Jimmy, SJ and other senior players will take into the season.

This. Reckon Boris will have a stellar season. Can't wait for his 300th game - although if he plays every game, will be on June 21, the day after our baby's due date. Might need to ask Mrs Sauron to hold on for a few days extra. :p
Or, if bubs is a boy, to name him Corey or Boris.

Hmmmm, perhaps just stick with Corey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried to convince my wife that 'Joel' would be an awesome name for a boy, but she saw right through my obfuscation. Then we found out it's a girl so it's a moot point anyway!
I think that Scarlett is a great name for a girl! :D

I tried to convince my wife that 'Joel' would be an awesome name for a boy, but she saw right through my obfuscation. Then we found out it's a girl so it's a moot point anyway!
I know a girl called Cory.

If that helps swing the argument.

When in doubt, replace the 'y' with an 'i' or 'ee'. :D

My best mate (who follows the Hawks) thought so.

He and his wife named their youngest daughter 'Scarlett'.

She was born in 2008.:eek:
Even Sam Mitchell named his daughter Scarlett aswell. It seems that the respect for the great man is universal!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back