Sport 2015 Punters Lounge

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone up for a punt this season?

Starting tonight, Carlton v Richmond and a very tough game to cap in my opinion.
The line is about 2 goals and looking a little closer at these two teams, their past five matches have only been separated by an average of 10 points. Previously to those five encounters, the average winning margin was a fair amount more.

I really do like Carlton in this one. I'm not sure they will be able to hold on for the win but I do think they will take it right down to the wire so $100 on Carlton +12.5 points for a return of $90 :thumbsu:

This is a great idea Bobby. I'm not a punter, I have a fear of losing money lol In fact, in the 80's a bookie had a crush on me + used to tell me all the races that were fixed, I had no idea that's what he was doing, so I'd put $0.50 on the horses he suggested. My friends would ask me what he suggested + they'd put hundreds on them.
Shame abet is on holiday, he'd love this thread.

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm taking the total goals bet which is Melbourne to score over 11 or more goals today which is paying $1.90. Should be close but I think they hang with the Suns and could even hit the front in the dying stages so 11 goals should just be in reach in my opinion.

$80 on this one, good luck :)

Well bob I had $20 left in my account until next week. so I thought I'd split into two multis. One high risk one lower risk.

Both of these are multiple sport bets though as R1 afl is always unpredictable.

High risk: port Adelaide 1-39 @ 2.65 ; tottenham win @2.20 ; Storm win @ 1.40 ; Bournemouth win @1.44 and Man City win @1.66 total odds of 19.65 for $10 outlay

Lower risk: North Melb 1-39 @2.70 ; Cleveland Cavs win @1.24 ; LA clippers win @1.10 and Hawthorn 1-39 @2.25 for return of ODD's of 8.62

putting $52 on North Melbourne 1-39 points + Freo/Port over 159.5 points multi bet which pays $4.16
Stop throwing money away bob.... buy a slab and at least enjoy it :D

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
bugger the slab, I am already downing a Crownie as we speak but instead of chasing on this game, I got $73 left in my sportsbet account, feeling a little adventurous so I'm gonna put it all on another multi, Michael Barlow will gather 25+ disposals tonight and I also like Geelong to beat Hawthorn tomorrow, that multi gives me odds of $4.98 for a (hopeful) return of $363 :)

bugger the slab, I am already downing a Crownie as we speak but instead of chasing on this game, I got $73 left in my sportsbet account, feeling a little adventurous so I'm gonna put it all on another multi, Michael Barlow will gather 25+ disposals tonight and I also like Geelong to beat Hawthorn tomorrow, that multi gives me odds of $4.98 for a (hopeful) return of $363 :)
Godspeed

I don't have confidence in the Geelong end of the bargain there

Godspeed

I don't have confidence in the Geelong end of the bargain there
In my time following Spurs I've learnt this. In a big game back the team they're playing that way if they win Cha Ching money time. If you win well you've lost the cash but you don't care because your team has won. So I have backed Hawthorn.

In my time following Spurs I've learnt this. In a big game back the team they're playing that way if they win Cha Ching money time. If you win well you've lost the cash but you don't care because your team has won. So I have backed Hawthorn.
That's why I tipped the Hawks haha

Well I went to a mates place last night and we concocted a multi whilst waiting for the epl to start.

Real Madrid win @1.09
Ajax to win or draw @1.36
Bordeaux to win or draw @1.14
Tottenham to win or draw @1.33
Valencia to win or Draw @ 1.25
Barcelona to win @1.40

That's where he has tapped out at odds of 3.90 and it has won already.

I added Hawthorn 1-39 @2.25 to get odds of 7.69 which will turn my $30 into $230 and there would be my rego payment covered:thumbsu:

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
There should be a tracker of everyone suggested bets, just so people know whose advice not to listen to.

even better, be nice to actually have people contributing instead of sitting on the fence and only when they see someone lose, do they quickly jump in and give their two bobs worth.

As for my record thus far, am 1-2 and currently awaiting the winner of today's match at the G, as Barlow came through for me with 25 disposals last night.

There should be a tracker of everyone suggested bets, just so people know whose advice not to listen to.
Don't listen to any advice I have on the punt would be the safest bet you could make :D

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
even better, be nice to actually have people contributing instead of sitting on the fence and only when they see someone lose, do they quickly jump in and give their two bobs worth.

As for my record thus far, am 1-2 and currently awaiting the winner of today's match at the G, as Barlow came through for me with 25 disposals last night.

Relax Bobby_ I didn't mean for you to take it personally, I meant in general. Me posting means I'm following the thread, and will contribute.

Back