2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Ippy, Park Ridge, UQ and Jimboomba playing in Lightning Cup at Ippy tomorrow. Ippy and PR will be a cut above I think but always a great day out on and off the field.

Ippy, Park Ridge, UQ and Jimboomba playing in Lightning Cup at Ippy tomorrow. Ippy and PR will be a cut above I think but always a great day out on and off the field.

Will certainly be interesting to see those results. UQ and Jimboomba definitely a couple of the strongest teams in this division. Should give them a run, but may lack a bit of fitness compared with those QAFA A sides.

Jimboomba are always a good outfit, but realistically they were well off the pace in 2014 in this division compared to their normal output.

Yeronga v Mayne @ Yeronga Friday night should be interesting and I believe UQ played Kenmore last Friday at Moorooka. How are these 2 teams looking????

UQ played a game of 2 halves fielding 33 players over the game with quite a few players having their first hit out. First half well on top taking a 6 goal lead to half time. 2nd half started much the same way then Kenmore got right on top in the last quarter playing with only 17 the whole game. Good contested footy

Well mate I will bring this up at the next meeting. If it can happen to you it can happen to anyone. The rule needs to be changed so this never happens again. What sort of people think its OK to advertise at another club. But why does the governing body think its OK. If anyone tried that at our club I'm sure we wouldn't take it very well.
well not much a club can do other than bring it to the attention of the league. Seems a lot of people would like to see the end of Springfield as a club for a number of reasons , and hard to get support to grow football in this part of Ipswich.

I still feel that AFLQ needs to look at doing some push into the Ipswich area to overcome the Rugby focus, and whilst they continue to allow the infighting between clubs then Rugby will continue to win the hearts and minds of the locals. Soccer is also big in the region, the one thing lacking in Ipswich is AFL sized venues. How a Development as large as Springfield has been able to be built without one single AFL suitable venue is a black mark on council and AFLQ on not working to grow the sport.

Have a count of how many rectangular fields are in Greater Springfield and you can see where Councils preferences are..

Id like to see the local Ipswich clubs work together, but seems from a number of posts in here that much water has gone under the bridge and many people want to respond to the past instead of focusing on the future. Lets draw players from our own suburbs located surrounding our local venues. Lets put pressure on council to build facilties to suit AFL.

Make the Game bigger than Club....

well not much a club can do other than bring it to the attention of the league. Seems a lot of people would like to see the end of Springfield as a club for a number of reasons , and hard to get support to grow football in this part of Ipswich.

I still feel that AFLQ needs to look at doing some push into the Ipswich area to overcome the Rugby focus, and whilst they continue to allow the infighting between clubs then Rugby will continue to win the hearts and minds of the locals. Soccer is also big in the region, the one thing lacking in Ipswich is AFL sized venues. How a Development as large as Springfield has been able to be built without one single AFL suitable venue is a black mark on council and AFLQ on not working to grow the sport.

Have a count of how many rectangular fields are in Greater Springfield and you can see where Councils preferences are..

Id like to see the local Ipswich clubs work together, but seems from a number of posts in here that much water has gone under the bridge and many people want to respond to the past instead of focusing on the future. Lets draw players from our own suburbs located surrounding our local venues. Lets put pressure on council to build facilties to suit AFL.

I get where your coming from. While I don't know much about Ipswich area I have a fair idea of footy. All clubs must understand without each other we don't have anyone to play. I understand what its like to have people try and poach all your players. In the end we have kept the people that matter and let the rest take thier issues elsewhere. Long term thinking is the way to go about things now. Get good people around you and let them do what needs to be done. Its takes time but when you create a culture where people want to be it all changes very quickly. I wish you and your club the best and keep working to get back in the comp. We did and we have had ups and downs but its all good experience.

I get where your coming from. While I don't know much about Ipswich area I have a fair idea of footy. All clubs must understand without each other we don't have anyone to play. I understand what its like to have people try and poach all your players. In the end we have kept the people that matter and let the rest take thier issues elsewhere. Long term thinking is the way to go about things now. Get good people around you and let them do what needs to be done. Its takes time but when you create a culture where people want to be it all changes very quickly. I wish you and your club the best and keep working to get back in the comp. We did and we have had ups and downs but its all good experience.
Thanks

Getting culture is my goal for the year. Any one who wants to help with suggestions on how to establish that in a new club happy to hear from you.

UQ played a game of 2 halves fielding 33 players over the game with quite a few players having their first hit out. First half well on top taking a 6 goal lead to half time. 2nd half started much the same way then Kenmore got right on top in the last quarter playing with only 17 the whole game. Good contested footy

Lets just forget the 3/4 yellow cards and one red card handed to Kenmore that led to them being undermanned?
Kenmore right on top in the last quarter?.... Sure you watched the right game?

Lets just forget the 3/4 yellow cards and one red card handed to Kenmore that led to them being undermanned?
Kenmore right on top in the last quarter?.... Sure you watched the right game?

I wasn't there, what was the score in the end???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't think you know what your talking about mate for starters ipswich lacking afl sized venues? the Eagles have arguably the biggest footy ground in southern qld and the lights are the best in south east qld (apart from the gabba) hence why the brisbane heat played a practice 20/20 night game there early in the summer season,also you want the clubs to work together its a bit hard when a certain junior club I'm naming the cats here have been offered help from the eagles to help find numbers ect. for their under 19's then the cats end their 19's to try and start a senior team then contact a huge amount of players from the eagles and springfield lakes to play for them and offering to let them play without paying any fees, you ask any person in the ipswich afl circles and most will agree the cats have one agenda and that is too kill off the other clubs in the ipswich region and to make themselves a future power house they already have taken a number of eagles and springfield lake players(just check the clearance forms on aflq website)

Geez, you'd hope it would be sorted before Easter, Comp starts next week. Good to see QAFL communicating with the clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what if u played Springfield twice and now get 2 byes
Are you blokes serious?

The season starts in 10 days and you don't have a draw yet?

AFLQ nailing it again..!
We have been sent an email to say that Springfield have pulled out and they were working on the draw. That's one issue the new way for players to sign on is another one. Problems with this are just awful. Its makes it very hard for players and clubs. Its taking weeks for some and the standerd response is were working on it. Any other clubs having same problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back