King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Being a school ground means no alcohol or smoking and this I think will lead to a few spectators being upset.

It may mean a few players being upset too, as beer after a game is almost a must for this division!! ;)

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Have you considered playing home games at Moorooka on fri nights like the Woodsmen did in 2014?

As I understand it, they are going home to Sherwood and I imagine Moorooka would welcome another tenant in there on a Friday night to keep barsales ticking over.

Could be worth finding yourselves a home away from home, rather than stuffing around at sub standard playing venues.

The Woodsmen are returning home to Sherwood the last I heard and if the powers that be want to turn this into a Friday night league, it may be worth a phone call to check. I'm sure Thommo could provide details of a contact at Moorooka.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have you considered playing home games at Moorooka on fri nights like the Woodsmen did in 2014?

As I understand it, they are going home to Sherwood and I imagine Moorooka would welcome another tenant in there on a Friday night to keep barsales ticking over.

Could be worth finding yourselves a home away from home, rather than stuffing around at sub standard playing venues.
Will look into this once conversations with AFLQ occur next week post their extended Christmas break.
As Phoenix says a local sponsor would prefer us to gather after games at their location and the Club seriously needs to rebuild Sponsors network as it wasn't just other clubs that have been affected by the prior administration.

We are fairly confident of getting our 30 players, once this is achieved we are confident we can survive this year and set up for the longer term.

If anyone looking for a game and willing to come join a new club that is working hard to build culture. Always welcome.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
The hardest thing for 2015 will be trying to get to more games. Have to watch this division as part of club. But with my son playing in a different Division will be travelling twice as much. And then with the juniors matches and training during week, LOL. I think it lucky I single or any partner at home would be football widow this year.... Lucky I love this sport....

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
Righto, the NUT is back !!!!!!!

Hey Raz, it ain't all bad playing at a school, just make sure the ground inspectors find and remove all the surveyors stakes from the ground this time.
Yeah and make sure they watered the grass LOL biggest issue obviously is that school grounds are shared and therefore have multiple markings on oval. Access to grounds is limited too. I truly don't understand who agreed to keep moving the Storm Club around to different home grounds this is the third home in three years. I know part of the reason for move was getting a seniors but seems that lots was promised and nothing delivered as far as getting a real home ground with proper AFL Facilities.

But not to fret, this is the year of planning and getting things in writing not just verbal offers.

blackmagic17

Debutant
Jan 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kedron looking to join the competition, should be a very interesting season considering there list still holds a lot very high quality players! Who's the top 5 favorites?

The_Sherrin

Debutant
Apr 3, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to see the Panthers finally fielding a side in QAFA(B) Central. I hope this doesn't effect Wynnum.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shouldn't effect us as we are up in QAFA (a) this year

I think he meant as in players going and playing for Morningside instead of Wynnum but sounds like you guys have been in pre-season mode for several months.

So can anyone give us outsider's an idea on what the proposed divisions will be for this year, and who will be playing in them ?? Possibly QAFL fan, that guy seems to know all !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The_Sherrin

Debutant
Apr 3, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think he meant as in players going and playing for Morningside instead of Wynnum but sounds like you guys have been in pre-season mode for several months.

So can anyone give us outsider's an idea on what the proposed divisions will be for this year, and who will be playing in them ?? Possibly QAFL fan, that guy seems to know all !!

Correct Pea Nut, just hope this doesn't take community players away from clubs like Wynnum. Vikings QAFA(A)? Only time will tell I guess.

swamp13

Senior List
Aug 27, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, San Antonio, taker
Correct Pea Nut, just hope this doesn't take community players away from clubs like Wynnum. Vikings QAFA(A)? Only time will tell I guess.
I agree, and in the past (2 years ago) we lost quite a few players to neighbouring teams, but we persevered and rebuilt, and have ironically taken a few of there younger lads this season.

swamp13

Senior List
Aug 27, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, San Antonio, taker
how are your numbers going this year, will you definitely step up to QAFA A?
Good, I havnt actually been as I'm based up the sunny Coast and at noosa. But reports say 40 odd each session, and it's only january.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
No state league club or NEAFL club should be aloud to have a thirds side or amateur side when there are neighbouring clubs struggling for numbers

Interesting opinion, some may be of the opinion that they just couldn't wear another guernsey. Certainly will be interesting to see what sort of side they put on the park. Could be extremely strong.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kedron won't be in with a 3rd side.

Although, the way I hear they are going, their seniors could be in this comp....

Ok, cool, 2 out, 1 in. There is a bunch of chatter in the QAFA A thread about what's going on at Kedron, their lack of numbers and where their players have gone. So they are staying QFA North at this stage ?? It's hard to keep up !!

Up North

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok, cool, 2 out, 1 in. There is a bunch of chatter in the QAFA A thread about what's going on at Kedron, their lack of numbers and where their players have gone. So they are staying QFA North at this stage ?? It's hard to keep up !!
Peanut, from what I hear (may not be 100% correct) the coaching staff at the club has been restructured to allow for 1 side only. From all reports, final draws are due to be released 7th Feb. We should all know more next Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back