2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Guise played out the game. Never seen someone run out a game in the midfield after breaking it in the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A dark haired bloke was carried off in the third nursing what looked like a crook leg.....thought guise was the blonde bloke, unless I'm mistaken. Either way, hope that guy is alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would want to be. A couple of occasional showers here and there. If games get called off, ol' Pea Nut is gonna lose his s**t !!!
I agree sixth ave will be open no matter what.
But I won't be surprised if it is called off. Water on ovals is apparently very dangerous.

I agree sixth ave will be open no matter what.
But I won't be surprised if it is called off. Water on ovals is apparently very dangerous.

Really? You want to raise this crap again? The weather forecast this week is vastly different to that of the first Friday of May when you needed an ark to move around the Northside. It took me 7 hours to get home that night (Albion to Bracken Ridge 4pm-11pm), every main road on the North side of Brisbane was closed. My local oval at Sandgate had a foot of river sand spread 50 metres out onto the ground from the scoreboard pocket. There were house bricks and rocks the size of footballs in front of the clubhouse on the opposite side of the oval to the creek that flooded it if that is any indication of the ferocity of this particular event. I've lived in the area for nearly 40 years and never seen anything like it. I understand why clubs are hesitant to let play continue and screw up the ovals early in the season as they just don't recover and become a bigger problem later in the season, but to suggest that clubs would be looking to close ovals with the current forecast is simply stirring s**t for no real reason.

Really? You want to raise this crap again? The weather forecast this week is vastly different to that of the first Friday of May when you needed an ark to move around the Northside. It took me 7 hours to get home that night (Albion to Bracken Ridge 4pm-11pm), every main road on the North side of Brisbane was closed. My local oval at Sandgate had a foot of river sand spread 50 metres out onto the ground from the scoreboard pocket. There were house bricks and rocks the size of footballs in front of the clubhouse on the opposite side of the oval to the creek that flooded it if that is any indication of the ferocity of this particular event. I've lived in the area for nearly 40 years and never seen anything like it. I understand why clubs are hesitant to let play continue and screw up the ovals early in the season as they just don't recover and become a bigger problem later in the season, but to suggest that clubs would be looking to close ovals with the current forecast is simply stirring s**t for no real reason.

Gee, someone's touchy. There has been way more than just that one round of footy that has been called off in South East Queensland in the past few years. That weekend that you speak of being called off earlier in the year was justified and I don't think anyone really had an issue with the decisions made. In years past though there have been games called off when even cricket games wouldn't have been called off. On top of that, the grand final from last year between Wynnum and Woodsmen being moved to the back oval because of a few showers in the day. It is decisions like that that leaves a very sour taste in the mouth of many !!

Gee, someone's touchy. There has been way more than just that one round of footy that has been called off in South East Queensland in the past few years. That weekend that you speak of being called off earlier in the year was justified and I don't think anyone really had an issue with the decisions made. In years past though there have been games called off when even cricket games wouldn't have been called off. On top of that, the grand final from last year between Wynnum and Woodsmen being moved to the back oval because of a few showers in the day. It is decisions like that that leaves a very sour taste in the mouth of many !!
Not wrong mate you just have a bit of fun with it and the bloke writes an essay.

Surely with the only paid player in the comp Cats are ready to break through for their first win tonight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a few close, competitive games on the weekend. Zillmere v Sandgate is a big one, as well as Coorparoo v Jimboomba. Ferny Grove v Yeronga should be close too.

If Zillmere are full strength, they will kill Sandgate.
Jimboomba will flog Coorparoo
Ferny and Yeronga will be a good game I reckon

If Zillmere are full strength, they will kill Sandgate.
Jimboomba will flog Coorparoo
Ferny and Yeronga will be a good game I reckon

Going off the AFLQ site, Zillmere have only been full strength once, and that was to beat Woodsmen by a couple of points. I think Sandgate will put up a good fight. Coorparoo are under-rated at the moment, and I certainly don't think they will get "flogged".

oh excuses we dont see any excuses on here by other teams who get smashed i would imagine the eagles thirds would have been highly embarrassed the other week after being belted by sandgate but no not a word from them let alone an excuse. Im thinking when the cats play the eagles what a game it will be,cats by 8 goals whats every body else think? Big Zeidler is a gun will add heaps to the zillmere team with his experience im not sure why the cats havnt chased him and pay him instead of big collihole

For pea nut, regarding a player getting payed.

I'll be heading to Ferny to watch one of the games of the round. I am expecting a close contest.

I agree with Q-Fan that Jimboomba should be too good for the Kings. Though I see Shane Morrison is listed down to play. He could add some valuable scoreboard pressure if he sees it enough.

Watched Zillmere v Kings last friday night... geez it was an ordinary game! Kings are too old... If ball doesnt come within 5 metres of morrison he gives up.. anyways I know QAFL fan will disagree but I hope there is some better quality teams then what was out there last friday night.

Watched Zillmere v Kings last friday night... geez it was an ordinary game! Kings are too old... If ball doesnt come within 5 metres of morrison he gives up.. anyways I know QAFL fan will disagree but I hope there is some better quality teams then what was out there last friday night.
Watched same game couldn't agree more. I'm told zillmere have a couple of bloke's not finishing the year out. Roos have a lot of old blokes and some very unfit guys from what I saw run out there. I was expecting more from all the talk on here. Could be just one of those weeks all clubs go through.

Coorparoo haven't beaten anyone, they have an inflated ladder position because they beat Sandgate when they had 3 senior players returning from injury, including stars like Lovett.

Zillmere have the best playing list in the comp, marginally ahead of the Woodsmen imo. It's a mystery whether that playing list will ever be available to them all at once, but if it is - they won't be beaten. We know now that the Woodsmen have lost their 2 best players, so we can rule them out.

For me, that leaves Jimboomba and Kedron. Kedron thumped Jimboomba in Round 1, but the Redbacks wer emissing about 10 players, so its impossible to measure. the reteun game will be the litmus test (if there is one?)

Coorparoo haven't beaten anyone, they have an inflated ladder position because they beat Sandgate when they had 3 senior players returning from injury, including stars like Lovett.

Zillmere have the best playing list in the comp, marginally ahead of the Woodsmen imo. It's a mystery whether that playing list will ever be available to them all at once, but if it is - they won't be beaten. We know now that the Woodsmen have lost their 2 best players, so we can rule them out.

For me, that leaves Jimboomba and Kedron. Kedron thumped Jimboomba in Round 1, but the Redbacks wer emissing about 10 players, so its impossible to measure. the reteun game will be the litmus test (if there is one?)
Yes there is mate we play them on thier ground. Both lists are a lot stronger than round one. I think you are going off the so called stars in teams mate. A team that is strong in every position is far better to have in my opinion.

The messages that everyone keeps sending is bang on the money: it all depends on which players are available to each team on any given week. I believe that if any of the sides currently in the top half of the ladder are able to put out a full strength side over the course of the finals series they will be a big chance to win it all. That's still a while away, so in the meantime it's just about making sure that you secure your spot and that you get there in the best shape that you possibly you can.

Was able to watch zillmere v sandgate. Zillmere scoreless in 3rd quarter. Bloke in guernsey number 1 mouthing off at umpire and giving away 50m that resulted in a long range goal.... Impression was zillmere didn't want to play football, they wanted to try and pick up new boyfriends. Eagles 20 having a few gropes at Hawks 8 groin on several occasions

34 point win could've been a lot more if it wasn't for Hawks 11 behinds

Was able to watch zillmere v sandgate. Zillmere scoreless in 3rd quarter. Bloke in guernsey number 1 mouthing off at umpire and giving away 50m that resulted in a long range goal.... Impression was zillmere didn't want to play football, they wanted to try and pick up new boyfriends. Eagles 20 having a few gropes at Hawks 8 groin on several occasions

34 point win could've been a lot more if it wasn't for Hawks 11 behinds

that's a bit of a strange thing to say. looks like the score was 10 goals 11 to 5 goals 7, both of which seem pretty comparable in terms of accuracy.

i guess it's technically true that the margin would have been bigger if it was 21.0 to 5.7.

but that 34 point win could have been a lot smaller if it was 10.11 to 12.0!

what's the story from the woodsmen vs ipswich game? are those scores correct? if so, it looks like the eagles didn't just load up for their home town derby last weekend (the coal cup?), but their side has had fundamentally changed.

i'm hoping QAFL Fan can run his eye over the lists and tell us why the eagles have turned the corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back