2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

what's the story from the woodsmen vs ipswich game? are those scores correct? if so, it looks like the eagles didn't just load up for their home town derby last weekend (the coal cup?), but their side has had fundamentally changed.

i'm hoping QAFL Fan can run his eye over the lists and tell us why the eagles have turned the corner.

I believe that there were about 8 from the Ipswich seniors playing last night. At least that was the rumour going round the traps. That's the QAFA (A) bye for you.

Not the strongest Woodsmen side they could put out there but full credit to them. They played what was in front of them. And played well. And if it wasn't for their usual kicking in front of goal, the score would have been much worse.

We rested half a dozen guys thinking it would be a blowout. We found out pretty early in the game they had a few good players running around.

As a result, it was a good competitive game. Really good blokes, put their heads over it and go hard at the footy not the man. (Pretty much opposite of the other Ipswich team...)

Looks like Jimboomba took care of Coorparoo reasonably comfortably.

Ferny Grove let it slip against the Devils with inaccurate kicking and apart from maybe Zillmere vs Sandgate, all other games going as expected - although margins between Woodsmen/Ipswich and Kedron/Power probably closer than expected. I imagine both Kedron and Woodsmen using an opportunity to rotate their 'lesser' players into the side.

Ferny Grove let it slip against the Devils with inaccurate kicking and apart from maybe Zillmere vs Sandgate, all other games going as expected - although margins between Woodsmen/Ipswich and Kedron/Power probably closer than expected. I imagine both Kedron and Woodsmen using an opportunity to rotate their 'lesser' players into the side.
I wouldn't say lesser players but yes we did have quite a few bloke's having some time off. All credit to collingwood park. They put in a solid job in defence. Thier big chb was very good. Has good closing speed and manages to spoil almost every time.
They have a young fellow who is very raw but wow has he got some run and carry.
Everyone stayed back for a while and had a few beers together. Good bunch of bloke's and the coach seems like a good fella.
A good day of footy for all.

I imagine that was ex Redland NEAFL and Western Magpies Div 1 Premiership Player Tyson Kenny playing at CHB, still you did somehow manage to kick an unsurmountable score!
I don't know who started that insurmountable score s**t but it wasn't us mate. But yes he was good.

Going off the previous few posts, sounds like the Eagles might have attracted a few senior players to the benefits of playing Friday night footy. They might not be the easy beats they were in the early parts of the season.

Now the logjam between positions 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th on the ladder will be interesting to watch play out. One of those sides has to miss finals. Yeronga will probably want to have a say about it as well. Gonna be some crunch games coming up in the next few weeks.

Going off the previous few posts, sounds like the Eagles might have attracted a few senior players to the benefits of playing Friday night footy. They might not be the easy beats they were in the early parts of the season.

Now the logjam between positions 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th on the ladder will be interesting to watch play out. One of those sides has to miss finals. Yeronga will probably want to have a say about it as well. Gonna be some crunch games coming up in the next few weeks.

Weren't they attracting senior players who weren't playing due to the QAFA bye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a big time lurker, just dont get involved in the chat anymore. Still don't get why my one measly comment still gets mentioned, but good to see I had an impact. I'm not a Kedron player, just watched a few games at the start of the year, haven't played footy in a very long time. Haven't followed this division much at all to tell you the truth, just enjoy reading all the threads, I'd rather get involved in a QAFL discussion but seems like QAFA A and B are the only ones that have regular discussion.

Yes strange why its this Division that gets the most chatter. Why is that? Are the players keen to tell us their exploits.? Are the coaches keen to tell us their new game plans? Are the admins keen to get people into the canteens? LOL ... Good interesting reads anyway...

Yes strange why its this Division that gets the most chatter. Why is that? Are the players keen to tell us their exploits.? Are the coaches keen to tell us their new game plans? Are the admins keen to get people into the canteens? LOL ... Good interesting reads anyway...
Funny how often you were in here at the start of the thread blubbering about how hard you were working to keep Springfield afloat.

So whats the tips for the weekend lads? Im going

Jimboomba
Ferny, in a close one
Zilmere
Kedron
Mayne
Sandgate, depending what team they put out
Woodsmen

Crunch game for yeronga if they want to make a push for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back