2015 QAFA (B) Central

The Matador

Senior List
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
gotta say, that older bloke that umpired the final between woodsmen and zillmere is an absolute joke. cant believe nothing has been posted about it. he was on some sort of massive power trip, and apparently is always like that. some of his horrific decisions were questioned by players, as they are in all levels of footy, and his response was to threaten to send players off. must lead a pathetic life. players that are no good either get dropped or come to the realisation that they are no good and quit playing. why don't umpires have to meet those same standards, and why are umpires that bad umpiring the biggest games of the year. even after the game had finished he still wasn't, apparently reporting the zillmere runner who just wanted to voice his opinions, which i think he had every right to do.

Hunglo

Debutant
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
gotta say, that older bloke that umpired the final between woodsmen and zillmere is an absolute joke. cant believe nothing has been posted about it. he was on some sort of massive power trip, and apparently is always like that. some of his horrific decisions were questioned by players, as they are in all levels of footy, and his response was to threaten to send players off. must lead a pathetic life. players that are no good either get dropped or come to the realisation that they are no good and quit playing. why don't umpires have to meet those same standards, and why are umpires that bad umpiring the biggest games of the year. even after the game had finished he still wasn't, apparently reporting the zillmere runner who just wanted to voice his opinions, which i think he had every right to do.

Officials don't have the right to voice opinion. Runners job is to pass a message on to players then get off the field. Only person on field who is meant to converse with umpires is the captains.

footy80

Debutant
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree that the umpiring on Friday night was the only downer on what was a great game of footy.

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers

Despite the umpiring being... well less than desirable... the Zillmere trainer had no right to front the umpires post match and deliver an almighty spray. Trust me when I say the AFLQ rep at the game was already on the phone to Head Office outlining that performance. I expect a "please explain" phone call will be made this week.

And the player who gave a cheap elbow to the Woodsmen player resulting in a 50 and goal to keep them in the match wouldn't be too popular with his teammates I'd say. Very poor.

outandabout, from deep inside my bunker I noticed you at the match watching intently. But why only go to the Zillmere huddles...? Expecting them to win perhaps? ;)

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Despite the umpiring being... well less than desirable... the Zillmere trainer had no right to front the umpires post match and deliver an almighty spray. Trust me when I say the AFLQ rep at the game was already on the phone to Head Office outlining that performance. I expect a "please explain" phone call will be made this week.

And the player who gave a cheap elbow to the Woodsmen player resulting in a 50 and goal to keep them in the match wouldn't be too popular with his teammates I'd say. Very poor.

outandabout, from deep inside my bunker I noticed you at the match watching intently. But why only go to the Zillmere huddles...? Expecting them to win perhaps? ;)
No mate I went to woodsman and the other coaches went to zillmere.
Always thought woodsman would win but gee zillmere had thier chances to put them away.
Looks like thommo might be done for the season.
I feel for him he deserves to play next week.
Didn't see the after match spray from zillmeres runner. I'd imagine that he was frustrated with the game.
Zillmere were hampered with Duce doing a hammy and his loss in the midfield was a telling moment.
Woodsman kept running in the last and played thier best quarter for the game.

The Matador

Senior List
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
well i hope we do get a please explain cos aflq have a lot of explaining to do serving up that clown as a finals standard umpire. needs to go back to umpiring kids or women where he can get away with his self indulgent power trip

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Watched the game. Both teams appeared to be below their best, but the game had a sense of inevitability about it. The Woodsmen dominated possession and territory, but just couldn't score - absolutely butchered the footy going forward, and then when they did pick the right option, big Forbes couldn't catch a cold, and if he did, he then kicked it out on the full!

#1 for the Woodsmen and Micka pretty much dominated the midfield, while #6 and #9 for the Woodsmen rescued them many times with some crucial plays.

To be honest, when I saw Thommo go down with what looked like a nasty leg injury, I couldn't see the Woodsmen winning from there, as he was the only forward trying to make something happen. However, their skipper Toohey and big Gerard Moore turned back the clock in the 2nd half and got them over the line.

Have to agree with the general comments about the umpire. I've seen that old guy around, and he is a serial offender. Wants to be the centre of attention and completely ruins games of footy. Don't think he influenced the result, but gee is is a grade A knob of a bloke. Having said that, not sure what the Zillmere runner thought he would achieve by telling him what every single person at the ground thought of him, but it was pretty entertaining!

should be an interesting Grand Final next week, if the Woodies can straighten up their kicking - they could go in with a reasonable half time lead if they dominate early like they have previously against Kedron. But they would want a 4-5 goal lead by half time to hold on I would think, will be hard with yet another one of their guns going down injured. Hears hoping nobody sees that knob of an umpire again.

ErnieD

Rookie
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Having not been at the match to view for myself. It is a little bit different reading an opinion that was penned as being from a neutral to then find out the neutral is on board with the losing team. I wouldn't think many people would agree that the team runner has a right to voice is opinion to match officials at any time. It does seem well set up for Kedron to take the honours for the season. They can then return to fielding two teams and play in a suitable division.

Moro_

Debutant
Apr 7, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Well the Lime team have caused quite a storm this week. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about umpiring however I think it's a bit harsh saying an umpire has a sad life or is a knob of a bloke if you don't know the person except for out on the field.

I am not here saying your comments are wrong but as I've said here before there are always 2 sides to every story. I know my opinion won't mean much but the bloke in question is an awesome bloke and a great friend and always wants to go out and perform well in the middle. Sure he will make mistakes we all do but I haven't seen him as a serial offender ruining games of footy. As for if you will see him again in the GF????? Well who knows. We will know by the middle of the week and if he does I will back him to do a good job.

BTW there are ways to put forward a club thoughts on an umpire to AFLQ. A club can send a "2015 Field Umpire Feedback Form" and this would be a much better option than abusing someone after a game IMO.

The best of luck to both teams in the GF I hope to make it out there Friday night to hopefully witness a quality game of footy and have a few brews.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As with any sport you play to the conditions and the umpires. Good or bad they don't change thier minds.
The umpires don't get any kicks marks or handball.
It's up to the players to adapt.
If officials abuse umpires they are hurting there team.
They are human and under pressure like everybody else.
Last post untill its all over.

Moro_

Debutant
Apr 7, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Your opinion is always welcome here Moro. I wonder if many teams knew about the umpire feedback forms ??

Hey nut .... I hope they do about the feedback forms. I know Burleigh do as they sent one thru on myself and the other umpire when i had them at the beginning of the year. And it should be noted that the feedback forms can be used for negative and positive feedback.

I assume you will be in attendance Friday night Nut so if you want please come see me and you can buy me a beer :)

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
As with any sport you play to the conditions and the umpires. Good or bad they don't change thier minds.
The umpires don't get any kicks marks or handball.
It's up to the players to adapt.
If officials abuse umpires they are hurting there team.
They are human and under pressure like everybody else.
Last post untill its all over.

Wow...... Kedron media ban?? ;)

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Having not been at the match to view for myself. It is a little bit different reading an opinion that was penned as being from a neutral to then find out the neutral is on board with the losing team. I wouldn't think many people would agree that the team runner has a right to voice is opinion to match officials at any time. It does seem well set up for Kedron to take the honours for the season. They can then return to fielding two teams and play in a suitable division.

I'm neutral, and the umpiring was disgraceful. However, in my view didn't favour either side and the players themselves seemed to handle it pretty well, despite being constantly baited by the bloke with his grandstanding antics and 'look at me' mentality.

100% agree though, the Zillmere runner was way way way out of line and should be punished. Disgusting behaviour, and no better than the umpire with his desire to be the centre of attention - his job is to run a message and get off the ground. If he thinks he has the right to critique the bloke so publicly and personally, I'd encourage him to get a whistle himself.

The_Runner

Rookie
Aug 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched the game. Both teams appeared to be below their best, but the game had a sense of inevitability about it. The Woodsmen dominated possession and territory, but just couldn't score - absolutely butchered the footy going forward, and then when they did pick the right option, big Forbes couldn't catch a cold, and if he did, he then kicked it out on the full!

Clearly not a fan :( hahaha.
Could quote many other posts, but unfortunately have other things to do besides trolling online forums. I'm sure we would all love to see your outstanding footy career stats, though I don't expect to see you emerge from the anonymous pits you throw smack from....

See you Friday!

The_Runner

Rookie
Aug 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hello Mr Forbes, pleased to meet you.

Well done on 4 match winning goals on Friday, though it could have been 10.
Wow counting my goals, maybe you are a fan! Feel free to introduce yourself and I'll salute you this week IF I manage to take a grab and subsequently kick straight. Otherwise I'm always up for a beverage after the game :)

The_Rookie

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
G'day everyone. I understand season 2015 is wrapping up this Friday night, but I have a few quick questions about the comp. I'd like to start playing footy soon, and as the thirds seems to be the most 'social' comp there is, it seems like the best fit. I was wondering how accommodating it actually is for new players? Are there many blokes without prior experience? What should I expect as a new player coming in?

Cheers in advance,
Rookie

Back