Gold Coast
Rd 7 Tips
Broadbeach
Labrador
Morningside
Sandgate
West Magpies

What happened to tipping scores for Magpieboy, 2010Prem and Thommo42
Sorry Mate, missed you on the spreadsheet and haven't had a chance because of work this week to correct it.But will on the weekend, 2010p & Thommo42 not sure what they are doing.

thunderdoc

Team Captain
May 27, 2010
dimboola
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

footymaad

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Morningside Panthers
Broadbeach
Labrador
Magpies
Morningside
Surfers

Given my numbers last week I would have probably been better off forgetting to tip!

Interesting player can get SG nomination in game he gets reported for kicking...

After last week Labrador clearly the team to beat (especially when Fraser and Lappin available) - Morningside still have a good squad but as well as having lost players via retirement and young talent to NEAFL, have at least a couple of long term injuries as well, including CHF and FB, which definitely having an effect as well.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched Broady defeat Uni today,,,, big news is that our best player be it Pantic, looks like he has a serious shoulder injury,,, geez, we cant take a trick at the moment.

Lifes a Beach1

Team Captain
Jul 17, 2013
Northcliffe
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping Round 7

QAFL_Fan (5) 27
swamp13 (5) 26
Chikka Ferguson (5) 25
Lifes a Beach1 (5) 25
Stuyd1 (5) 24
Live Baiting (5) 24
Thunderdoc (4) 23
Dezario (4) 23
Footymaad (5) 23
Magpieboy (4) 22
Spooner21 (3) 20

Seven perfect scores this week, well done all.Special mention to swamp13 who tipped 3 weeks ahead great effort.Sorry again to Magpieboy ordinary performance by me to miss you last week.Have a great week guys, Rep footy week so no tipping this week.

Live Baiting

Debutant
Feb 20, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BITS

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched a somewhat depleted Broadbeach play Morningside on Saturday... they lost by 8 goals, but did ok in so many areas.. Same problem exists as has all season,, and that is our poor disposal,,, I mean its the worst in the comp, geez, this poor disposal is resulting in so many possy turnovers,,, its killing us every week.
And we continue to play sideways footy, going across the ground , boundary line to boundary line, gaining no ground forward and when we finally get it forward with huge amounts of energy sapping efforts, we are kicking for goal from the boundary line ,,,,, if one talks game plans,, well if this is game plan, then this has to be addressed by the coaching heirachy.

kittycat12

Debutant
Feb 14, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched a somewhat depleted Broadbeach play Morningside on Saturday... they lost by 8 goals, but did ok in so many areas.. Same problem exists as has all season,, and that is our poor disposal,,, I mean its the worst in the comp, geez, this poor disposal is resulting in so many possy turnovers,,, its killing us every week.
And we continue to play sideways footy, going across the ground , boundary line to boundary line, gaining no ground forward and when we finally get it forward with huge amounts of energy sapping efforts, we are kicking for goal from the boundary line ,,,,, if one talks game plans,, well if this is game plan, then this has to be addressed by the coaching heirachy.

Stuyd - I think your assessment of the cats is one based on hope rather than reality. The effort is there but Im not sure they have the talent on the park to go against the better teams. Poor disposal I think has less to with game plan and is one to do with raw talent and the development of whats there and the quality of the opposition. I think it would be different if a few of the injured senior players had been out there from the seasons start or if they had a few fringe southport players coming back consistently. The Suns injury list has not helped either.
Big game this week against the Hawks. still think we can make the 5 - will need to get going with 4 points this week.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Stuyd - I think your assessment of the cats is one based on hope rather than reality. The effort is there but Im not sure they have the talent on the park to go against the better teams. Poor disposal I think has less to with game plan and is one to do with raw talent and the development of whats there and the quality of the opposition. I think it would be different if a few of the injured senior players had been out there from the seasons start or if they had a few fringe southport players coming back consistently. The Suns injury list has not helped either.
Big game this week against the Hawks. still think we can make the 5 - will need to get going with 4 points this week.

Kittycat,
I agree with your comment on the available talent we have on the park, we have a lot of good inexperienced youngsters and we are a very pacy side and can play some excellent patches of football. I do not relate poor disposal to the game plan at all. You must admit, our disposal is woeful overall. Separate from diposal, the game plan is just out of sorts.. We forever go sideways and backwards , boundary line to boundary line, just watch the other 3 or 4 top sides, ,, they sometimes go boundary to boundary, but the game plan is to move the pill forward, and they play corridor footy well, in old terms , up the middle,, quickest way home.

Lifes a Beach1

Team Captain
Jul 17, 2013
Northcliffe
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping Round 8

QAFL_Fan (5) 32
swamp13 (4) 30
Chikka Ferguson (5) 30
Lifes a Beach1 (4) 29
Stuyd1 (5) 29
Live Baiting (5) 29
Dezario (5) 28
Footymaad (5) 28
Magpieboy (4) 26
Spooner21 (5) 25
Thunderdoc (0) 23

Perfect scores for QAFL_Fan, Chikka, Stuyd1, Live baiting, Dezario, Footymaad & Spooner21 well done all.Thunderdoc no tips and all home sides win ouch! Have a great week, as the season move to the end of the first half when all sides have played each other.

Back