2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The grapevine tells me there was a disgusting incident involving a palm beach supporter jumping the fence after the 2's game and king hitting a surfers player. Would anyone like to elaborate on what happened.

The grapevine tells me there was a disgusting incident involving a palm beach supporter jumping the fence after the 2's game and king hitting a surfers player. Would anyone like to elaborate on what happened.

Heard about it last night also. Apparently it was an 18 playing reserves brother who jumped the fence. Absolute disgrace. Hopefully palmy can track him down.

Watched a somewhat depleted Broadbeach play Morningside on Saturday... they lost by 8 goals, but did ok in so many areas.. Same problem exists as has all season,, and that is our poor disposal,,, I mean its the worst in the comp, geez, this poor disposal is resulting in so many possy turnovers,,, its killing us every week.
And we continue to play sideways footy, going across the ground , boundary line to boundary line, gaining no ground forward and when we finally get it forward with huge amounts of energy sapping efforts, we are kicking for goal from the boundary line ,,,,, if one talks game plans,, well if this is game plan, then this has to be addressed by the coaching heirachy.
Not wrong there Stuy, the unfortunate thing is, it's the most used game plan everywhere. I've watched games from 4 different leagues in Vic this year and they're all using it. Problem is, you have to have a super skilled side who are also supremely fit for it to be effective. Obviously, the more times you use the footy, the bigger chance you have of stuffing it up and turning it over. What's more, if most sides are using it, where's the surprise element. I mean it's not hard to defend when it's not done with speed and skilful execution. On top of that, it shows a lack of imagination from coaches everywhere and it's terrible to watch ( unless it's a top AFL side )

Not wrong there Stuy, the unfortunate thing is, it's the most used game plan everywhere. I've watched games from 4 different leagues in Vic this year and they're all using it. Problem is, you have to have a super skilled side who are also supremely fit for it to be effective. Obviously, the more times you use the footy, the bigger chance you have of stuffing it up and turning it over. What's more, if most sides are using it, where's the surprise element. I mean it's not hard to defend when it's not done with speed and skilful execution. On top of that, it shows a lack of imagination from coaches everywhere and it's terrible to watch ( unless it's a top AFL side )

Twinkle toes,
thanks for your comments... finally, you are someone that sees what im talking about.

Heard about it last night also. Apparently it was an 18 playing reserves brother who jumped the fence. Absolute disgrace. Hopefully palmy can track him down.

Thanks for confirmation Dezario ...... but I was hoping what I heard was wrong. It's very disturbing that this sort of incident would occur and I hope PBC do the right thing and hang that fella out to dry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Broadbeach vs Sandgate today,, Broady very good with their run and pace,,,, maybe some one heard me about the game plan stuff. Today, they didn't go so much to the sideways footy. They certainly went up the corridor more and this reaped its rewards. Disposal was better also.
sandgate,,, hone games,, I cannot believe , you cannot get anything to eat there.Well, very little, kiosk is open to half time only with a very limited menu. And no bbq,,, wow... this stuff is a important money raiser for clubs,,

Tipping Round 9

QAFL_Fan (3) 35
swamp13 (5) 35
Stuyd1 (5) 34
Chikka Ferguson (3) 33
Lifes a Beach1 (4) 33
Live Baiting (4) 33
Dezario (4) 32
Footymaad (3) 31
Magpieboy (5) 31
Spooner21 (2) 27
Thunderdoc (3) 26

Perfect scores for swamp13, Stuyd1 and Magpieboy well done guys and 1 down to 9 is only a difference of 4.Plenty of life left in this race.Have a great week everyone.

Watched Broadbeach vs Sandgate today,, Broady very good with their run and pace,,,, maybe some one heard me about the game plan stuff. Today, they didn't go so much to the sideways footy. They certainly went up the corridor more and this reaped its rewards. Disposal was better also.
sandgate,,, hone games,, I cannot believe , you cannot get anything to eat there.Well, very little, kiosk is open to half time only with a very limited menu. And no bbq,,, wow... this stuff is a important money raiser for clubs,,

Don't they have a bistro?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back