2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly game of footy between Sherwood and Wilston-Grange. Exciting finish though. Would like to know how the young forward from Sherwood, who after taking a great grab on the goal line in the goal square, then misses from a metre out, directly in front. How is that even possible. Especially when you are down by 4 points with only minutes remaining. I actually couldn't believe what I saw.

Tipping Round 13 (1)

QAFL_Fan (1) 53
Lifes a Beach1 (1) 50
Stuyd1 (1) 50
swamp13 (1) 50
Live Baiting (1) 48
Chikka Ferguson (0) 47
Dezario (0) 47
Magpieboy (0) 46
Footymaad (1) 46
Thunderdoc (*1) 41
Spooner21 (*1) 37

Back to a normal round this week, some big games coming up in the run home.Have a great week everyone.

I went to the Grange - Magpies game, a tight last quarter made it exciting, but gee it was an average game to watch for 3 quarters. They say AFL coaches are ruining footy, but its the first time at this level I've seen 36 players in one third of the field on a consistent basis. It was unbelieveable, particularly the way Grange got numbers back to congest the Magpie forwardline. I would suggest all the congestion tired them out though, and thats why they were out on their feet in the last while the Magpies just kept on coming.

Twice I saw a Grange player take a mark on their defensive 50m line, and look up and ALL of their teammates were behind them!

Unbelieveable miss from young Sam Copland, I've seen that many times over the years during a game, but never on an important kick at an important moment like that. I couldn't believe my eyes when the goal umpire signaled a behind. Had they not got over the line, the poor young lad would have been in a shocking frame of mind!

Grange and Magpies game nearly as exciting as watching Lions,Carlton play. Agree about missed goal. Couldn't believe it. What did Albert. proud do to give away 100 m free kick in the 1st instance. Assume 2nd 50 was for ump abuse.

Grange and Magpies game nearly as exciting as watching Lions,Carlton play. Agree about missed goal. Couldn't believe it. What did Albert. proud do to give away 100 m free kick in the 1st instance. Assume 2nd 50 was for ump abuse.
havent both these sides beaten morningside in the last month. They must be doing something right? I think the gorillas can do some real damage in the finals, if they can get their full squad on the park

They are both good sides, just the brand of footy they choose to use is not always appealing.

Grange clog it up every week. The Magpies seem to have variations of game style depending on personnel and opposition. They have a very hard and tough inside ball winning midfield, but most of them have average skills - so they always end up a bit congested as a result. Their half back line of Scott and Davis are absolutely elite ball users though, and the big bloke who plays wing has a lovely left foot - so they are a well balanced side in that respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a great game today between The Grange and Broady. It was very physical and had some great passages of footy from both sides.Was a tight contest all day with the Grange running out winners by 2 goals.

I saw lab vs pbc. Both teams missing a few of there good players. Tigers played some great footy to win by 90 in the end. Probably the worst I have seen palmy dish up this year. They played right into Labradors hands

Tipping Round 14

QAFL_Fan (4) 57
Lifes a Beach1 (4) 54
Stuyd1 (4) 54
swamp13 (4) 54
Live Baiting (3) 51
Chikka Ferguson (4) 51
Magpieboy (5) 51
Dezario (3) 50
Footymaad (4) 50
Thunderdoc (3) 44
Spooner21 (5) 42

Perfect 5's for Magpieboy & Spooner21 well done guys, otherwise no real change in the lead pack as we head into the home straight.Have a great week everyone as the weather warms and finals are just around the corner.

I saw lab vs pbc. Both teams missing a few of there good players. Tigers played some great footy to win by 90 in the end. Probably the worst I have seen palmy dish up this year. They played right into Labradors hands

I went and had a look at this game as well, I should of gone and watched Grange and Broadbeach from the sound of it. That wasn't the same tigers side that Broadbeach beat some weeks ago, boy they are ruthless. I did notice B Hicks and R Davey both did not play the last quarter, not sure what happened there. Palmy lost a couple as well, and young Stubbs was well held. Toddy Bryant tried really hard for the lions but they were smashed off the park. Woolley is a gun must make mention off that. Now rumour mill is in fine form at the moment......Broadbeach were spotted having lunch with a Labrador assistant coach last week maybe about the job for next season, anyone know what BA is doing? And SJ Daniel at Southport?? I have also heard Daniels will be standing down for work responsibilities at seasons end. And the carnival atmosphere at Labrador games are awesome, had plenty of laughs at some of the comments and chants coming from the hill was all in good humour, rumour has it Lappin and Fraser threw their boots over the fence last week and the boys drunk out of them, then threw them back over to be put back on....Cult figures down at the tiger land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back