2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

yes,,, cant believe it,, but Broady can still sneak into finals after we were saying there was little chance
some 4 weeks ago and no chance before todays game against Morningside.
If we defeat Sandgate next week and The Grange defeat PBC, we will sneak in as long as we win by at least 15 points and that depends on (if) the Grange win and how much they defeat PBC . ( PERCENTAGE WISE ) . But , if PBC defeat The Grange, well its curtains ... will be very interesting next weekend.

What a game - Stuyd1
I had to catch a flight to Melbourne and missed the last qtr - but geez it was a tremendous effort by the cats. Very happy for Taylor Haley who is most enjoyable to watch. Thought the Siders looked a little flat and disorganised on the bigger ground. But to be honest I was surprised still to get the final score.
Unfortunately will miss the last game but hope it all works out with the results. Hancock up fwd makes a difference.
Will be tough for PBC against Grange so destiny may be in our hands.
Look fwd to a final against Morningside again but expect them to rebound as they have terrific talent.

Still think Labrador will be too good...................................

Broady
Tigers
Panthers
Pies
Grange

Forgot to submit pre game - only 5 mins in though...

Looking around at start of game today quite a few senior level Panthers players in slings / casts etc with season ending injuries. Going to struggle to cover losses in finals this year.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Long drive home Dezario.

All good mate. Was a great game today against grange could have gone either way. We just weren't up to it against the top sides throughout the year.

Only going to be better next year after getting so many games into the young fellas.

Also well done to Doc. One of the greats of qld footy and even better bloke

All good mate. Was a great game today against grange could have gone either way. We just weren't up to it against the top sides throughout the year.

Only going to be better next year after getting so many games into the young fellas.

Also well done to Doc. One of the greats of qld footy and even better bloke

Good on the beach for giving the young guys a go, but Bryant and J Derrick down to Wodonga next year will hurt their midfield depth!

Doc is a gun on and off the field, hats off to him

Saw Broady wallop Sandgate today.... geez, they are a different side to some 10 weeks ago... New coach Andrews has them playing a game plan that is suited to QAFL standards, not a game plan that is AFL tatics. That's the difference ... So we sneak into the finals and will face Morningside in a cut throat final next week ,,,,, we beat them 2 weeks ago, so we are a chance to succeed again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping Round 18

QAFL_Fan (5) 72
swamp13 (5) 72

Lifes a Beach1 (5) 70
Stuyd1 (5) 70
Footymaad (5) 66
Magpieboy (5) 66
Chikka Ferguson (5) 65
Live Baiting (1) 61
Dezario (0*) 58
Spooner21 (4) 55
Thunderdoc (0*) 54

Congratulations to QAFL_Fan & swamp13 they have won on a tie for first with 72, lots of perfect 5's for the round.Thanks to everyone who participated especially those that stuck it out when they couldn't win.I have been impressed by the standard of the QAFL this year and judging by interest and crowds it has a bright future. However.... will watch closely at the Grogan award results and finals fixturing to see if the AFLQ has moved forward as well, not sure if they have.Hear the points are in for next year and lowered we may never see ex AFL players again, shame.I hope people understand what that will mean to this comp.

I see they have already robbed the Magpies of a home final, and of course placed it at their own venue...

I also noted yesterday there was an U/17 Division 1 final played at Burpengary between 2 teams from the south side, again at an AFLQ controlled venue.

Do they ever have the interests of the game or the clubs at the top of the list, ever?

Sad day when a team places high on a ladder and don't get rewarded with a home final to let the club raise extra funds.

Some clubs struggle day to day with finances and a reward of having your bar/canteen open is the big win of the year.

Need to get back to grass root football.

Tipping Round 18

QAFL_Fan (5) 72
swamp13 (5) 72

Lifes a Beach1 (5) 70
Stuyd1 (5) 70
Footymaad (5) 66
Magpieboy (5) 66
Chikka Ferguson (5) 65
Live Baiting (1) 61
Dezario (0*) 58
Spooner21 (4) 55
Thunderdoc (0*) 54

Congratulations to QAFL_Fan & swamp13 they have won on a tie for first with 72, lots of perfect 5's for the round.Thanks to everyone who participated especially those that stuck it out when they couldn't win.I have been impressed by the standard of the QAFL this year and judging by interest and crowds it has a bright future. However.... will watch closely at the Grogan award results and finals fixturing to see if the AFLQ has moved forward as well, not sure if they have.Hear the points are in for next year and lowered we may never see ex AFL players again, shame.I hope people understand what that will mean to this comp.
Cheers for running it lab, good luck to everyone playing over the coming weeks

Labrador by 41 points over grange (though I'd like to see magpies get up)

[QUOTE.="QAFL_Fan, post: 40565195, member: 153600"]I see they have already robbed the Magpies of a home final, and of course placed it at their own venue...

I also noted yesterday there was an U/17 Division 1 final played at Burpengary between 2 teams from the south side, again at an AFLQ controlled venue.

Do they ever have the interests of the game or the clubs at the top of the list, ever?[/QUOTE]

QAFL FAN, Yes I agree with you. Even more unbelievable is whilst the Magpies don't get a home final, Morningside do .

QAFL FAN, Yes I agree with you. Even more unbelievable is whilst the Magpies don't get a home final, Morningside do .

of course they do. Morningside are the QAFL's answer to the Sydney Swans. Get looked after no matter what.

Their field isn't exactly in mint condition

ok, my tips;
Magpies by 3 goals
Broadbeach by 4 goals

Let me expand on this, If Broadbeach turn up ,on song as they say and put 4 quarters together I predict they will win by 4 goals.
On the other hand, if they don't, I predict Morningside to win by 10 goals.!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back