2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, I see the Grange cleaned up the Magpies today , big time. I didn't see the game, so any thoughts from someone that did.
I attended the Lions vs Bulldogs game at the Gabba today,,,, wow ,, what a great game, 38 goals kicked in total, with the lead changing some 18 times in the duration . Lions played some footy I thought they were not capable of.

Season over for Broady .... Morningside to good today,,, got up by 8 goals , but it was a hard fought contest.
Our Under 18s won the flag though... fantastic effort .

I thought the Pies would win easy, and suspected the Cats might sneak past the Siders.

Wrong on both counts.

I'm going to say Grange will knock off the Tigers and Pies will finish the Siders.

I thought the Pies would win easy, and suspected the Cats might sneak past the Siders.

Wrong on both counts.

I'm going to say Grange will knock off the Tigers and Pies will finish the Siders.
I'm still going Labrador all the way

Any news qafl on who Jim hensen will be supplying us with as the next boss??

Geez, I see the Grange cleaned up the Magpies today , big time. I didn't see the game, so any thoughts from someone that did.
I attended the Lions vs Bulldogs game at the Gabba today,,,, wow ,, what a great game, 38 goals kicked in total, with the lead changing some 18 times in the duration . Lions played some footy I thought they were not capable of.

Saw the Gorillas v Pies game, Grange were extremely impressive after half-time, 69 point differential in the second half as they won a heap of contested ball and went forward in waves, tackling was fierce as well.

Proud and Brittain are a physically formidable duo in the middle, reckon the Gorillas midfield might be too good for Labrador's as they were a few weeks ago, but it should be close game either way.

I've always felt that the pay scales don't exactly attract the best possible applicants tbh LAB. Certainly at middle management level. Plus I think they are just smashed from a work load point of view so whatever is earnt is quickly seen as "not enough" for the time spent away from family and esp weekends taken up. Sounds like good fun working in footy but in reality can be a real burn out from what I have seen of some really good people who have been / still are involved.

I've always felt that the pay scales don't exactly attract the best possible applicants tbh LAB. Certainly at middle management level. Plus I think they are just smashed from a work load point of view so whatever is earnt is quickly seen as "not enough" for the time spent away from family and esp weekends taken up. Sounds like good fun working in footy but in reality can be a real burn out from what I have seen of some really good people who have been / still are involved.
Smy I absolutely agree, the AFL must take the development in the frontier up here seriously.That means controlled spend into human resources but they must speak with all stakeholders formally and informally to get the real picture, not rely on a PowerPoint presentation that highlights participation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the Gorillas v Pies game, Grange were extremely impressive after half-time, 69 point differential in the second half as they won a heap of contested ball and went forward in waves, tackling was fierce as well.

Proud and Brittain are a physically formidable duo in the middle, reckon the Gorillas midfield might be too good for Labrador's as they were a few weeks ago, but it should be close game either way.
grange are a seriously good football side, throw in Kuret and Kettle to that midfield group too. Very well coached, and the coach can play a bit too...

grange are a seriously good football side, throw in Kuret and Kettle to that midfield group too. Very well coached, and the coach can play a bit too...

You're right, Kuret has had a great last month, and Kettle would have been among the best on Saturday as well.

Trewhella is massively important on and off the field, somehow he combines his roles really well.

At the risk of stating the obvious, how the Gorillas go against Labrador on Saturday will tell us a lot about their premiership chances this year, but on Saturday's form, and with their confidence up, it's going to take some bloody good footy to beat them from here.

You're right, Kuret has had a great last month, and Kettle would have been among the best on Saturday as well.

Trewhella is massively important on and off the field, somehow he combines his roles really well.

At the risk of stating the obvious, how the Gorillas go against Labrador on Saturday will tell us a lot about their premiership chances this year, but on Saturday's form, and with their confidence up, it's going to take some bloody good footy to beat them from here.

Interesting to see Grange,s progress thru the latter part of the the year , however I do make this observation that Labrador at their best are a goals better side than anyone else. I think the seven point margin at last meeting on the small ground was as good as its going to be for them as I think they really struggle to cover the ground on the really large grounds as evidenced in the first meeting this year when their midfield really struggled particularly Proud who was really found wanting when Labrador spread. Also The forward line of Baxter Fraser and Lappin Featherstone and Davey when he goes forward will be too much for Grange to cover. It will be relatively close until midway 3rd quarter and then Labrador,s superior run and spread will overwhelm the opposition The tigers by 7 Goals.

I'm still going Labrador all the way

Any news qafl on who Jim hensen will be supplying us with as the next boss??

AFLQ is the next job on the Muppet creators list as he is still working on the Lions new Footy manager position - I read some were that Matt Francis is the Manager elect - Failed school teacher and failed football coach at all levels yes that will boost the Lions chances in the future - Give Dean Warren the AFLQ Job as there is no red head puppets running the AFL and to date the AFLQ - The Lions to date off field have been failed by all red heads associated with the place, may the exit for all who want to vacate be painless, who I have been told, to date are more than just 1 or 3.

Interesting to see Grange,s progress thru the latter part of the the year , however I do make this observation that Labrador at their best are a goals better side than anyone else. I think the seven point margin at last meeting on the small ground was as good as its going to be for them as I think they really struggle to cover the ground on the really large grounds as evidenced in the first meeting this year when their midfield really struggled particularly Proud who was really found wanting when Labrador spread. Also The forward line of Baxter Fraser and Lappin Featherstone and Davey when he goes forward will be too much for Grange to cover. It will be relatively close until midway 3rd quarter and then Labrador,s superior run and spread will overwhelm the opposition The tigers by 7 Goals.

We'll see, but it's pretty dangerous to be basing any predictions on the first Gorillas v Labrador game given that the Gorillas team which ran on against Wests last Saturday had 10 guys who didn't play that day, including Brittain, Trewhella, Kuret, Richardson and McCubbin.

The Grange team which runs on against Labrador will be massively different to, and better than, the one which the Tigers ran over back in May, and I can assure you that Proud is much fitter now than he was then.

Anyway, this Saturday might well be the GF preview, should be a great game whatever happens.

I would say that the discussion on relative midfields has now been settled.

I would say that the discussion on relative midfields has now been settled.

Looks like it.....

I didn't seem the game but sounds like it was a complete obliteration. Not sure if it was was because Labrador were so good, Grange were so bad or a combination of both, but can't see the result being reversed if we get a second crack in the GF.

Anyway, just the first step in the Grange revival, we'll be better next year and playing on a new field with new facilities, hopefully we can grab top spot at some time over the next few years.

Really judge? What is happening to your current facility and where is the new facility to be?

There's no move, but the club has received grants totalling about $2m to upgrade and build new facilities.

So, for next year we will have a new field/surface, new fence, new posts, new lights (I think), new canteen, new change rooms and a new gym. The clubhouse will get a facelift as well.

The old 1960's set- up will be completely transformed, and this should give the club as a whole a big boost.

Pretty sure the old change room for visiting teams will be preserved though, don't want the opposition benefiting from all those upgrades......;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back