2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the Broady vs PBC game today... PBC never looked liked loosing.Still a good side. See Morningside only got up by 2 points against the Magpies.

I went and checked out the M'side v Pies game. Was a cracking game. Both teams absolutely out on their feet in the last. Sherwood gave it everything they had and had their chances to win it but just couldnt find that finish that was required. Morningside really had to hang on to win it. Great game.

Went to the Broady vs PBC game today... PBC never looked liked loosing.Still a good side. See Morningside only got up by 2 points against the Magpies.

Going by the tips on here it seems broady may have been a little over hyped on pre season form, that or no one rated palmy. Way to good for the cats today

I watched panthers v magpies and what a terrific game, magpies have improved incredibly, typical of a side coached by Mark Holman, and also they had an ex WAFL lad in the box who is very good also, there pressure never dropped off. Panthers just had that touch more polish through Faure, Kinch and co. Both sides had players out, so should improve going forward.

I saw lions team list and had a feeling they would belt the Cats. The cats need to win as many games as they can by rd 10 before they are cooked, for obvious reasons.

Some great games in the QAFL this weekend, a great start. I think I will watch a lot more of the QAFL than the NEAFL, mainly due to the 23 rd man rule.

Palm Beach definitely too good. Had right blend of youth and experience ( 4 seventeen year olds ) plus a few new recruits. Broadly looked to have same old team - lacking any revitalisation whatsoever.

Tipping Round 1

Dezario 5
Magpieboy 4
QAFL_Fan 4
Thunderdoc 4
Live Baiting 4
Stuyd1 4
Juch 4
Lifes a Beach1 4
2010Premier 4
Chikka Ferguson 4
*Footymaad 4
Spooner21 3
Thommo42 3
swamp13 3

*The question for everybody to vote on is Footymaad put his tips in at 2:15 after the games had started, does he get a second chance or a warning for everyone?

Well done to Dezario his loyalty for Palmy won him the round with a perfect score.

I was so close with my upset tip!

Watched the Siders vs Magpies game. Magpies really beat up on them and should have won the game, but the Panthers just have that winning experience that the Magpies lack at this level and got the job done.

If the Magpies can maintain that sort of intensity all year, they will be a real threat. Especially with guys like Luke Scott still to come back into the side.

Maintaining that sort of hard at it footy is hard to do though.

Tipping Round 1

Dezario 5
Magpieboy 4
QAFL_Fan 4
Thunderdoc 4
Live Baiting 4
Stuyd1 4
Juch 4
Lifes a Beach1 4
2010Premier 4
Chikka Ferguson 4
*Footymaad 4
Spooner21 3
Thommo42 3
swamp13 3

*The question for everybody to vote on is Footymaad put his tips in at 2:15 after the games had started, does he get a second chance or a warning for everyone?

Well done to Dezario his loyalty for Palmy won him the round with a perfect score.

I say warning for everyone and my tips for this week so I don't forget

Broady
Morningside
Surfers
Sherwood
PBC

Palm Beach definitely too good. Had right blend of youth and experience ( 4 seventeen year olds ) plus a few new recruits. Broadly looked to have same old team - lacking any revitalisation whatsoever.

No far from same old team - like most sides around 8 changes on average. PBC never looked seriously threatened and got good service from their frontline players. A few players such as Searle and Macca to return over next few weeks plus a few injured Southport players apparently and will keep improving.
Actually got closer than last season to PBC as a matter of fact but granted a few of us expected more.
As a side note - well done to PBC on the new facilities and great crowd. Terrific having NEAFL curtain raiser as well. Got there for second half and whilst Brisbane looked decidedly weaker than last year it was a great effort by the Sharks - hope there are more curtain raisers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips,
Mounties just
Morningside, cricket score
Surfers by a handful of goals
Labrador by a point, would love to see this game.
PBC but not by much.
Good luck guys

Tips Round 2

Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Surfers Paradise
Labrador
Palm Beach Currumbin

Only one reply on Footymaad being late, and that was in favour of a warning.So Footymaad you get off on a warning, no more warnings everybody the time of the post has to be before the starting time of the game or all away sides.

Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Surfers Paradise
Labrador
Palm Beach Currumbin

Warning received!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back