2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

U r right Sunnyman - the Noosa outfit was a little undermanned but their blokes who came up came ready to play and did really well. They were very very good. Excellent leadership from Copeland and Davis combined with great games from Tickner (probably took the best grab I have seen at local footy level for a fair while) and a few of their younger blokes. Roos were ordinary and it felt like an 8 goal loss really. Bit of a reality check too for the Roos but shows that the top 3 sides in particular in this comp are pretty even right now.

U r right Sunnyman - the Noosa outfit was a little undermanned but their blokes who came up came ready to play and did really well. They were very very good. Excellent leadership from Copeland and Davis combined with great games from Tickner (probably took the best grab I have seen at local footy level for a fair while) and a few of their younger blokes. Roos were ordinary and it felt like an 8 goal loss really. Bit of a reality check too for the Roos but shows that the top 3 sides in particular in this comp are pretty even right now.
Top 3 sides are even. But massive gap between them at bottom 3. Weekend was evident to that

Its the same as the south comp. You cant have teams winning by 230 points, Its very difficult for teams to keep morale and look forward to their footy on the weekend.

From AFLQ website

2015 QFA NORTH CLUBS
The QFA North Clubs for season 2015 are Aspley, Moreton Bay, Caloundra, Kedron, Maroochydore, Mayne, Nambour & Hinterland, and Noosa.

For details about your club please click here.

Good to see that the care factor is there

Heard also that QFA North review complete all to stay as is
Wonder what these guys are smoking

From AFLQ website

2015 QFA NORTH CLUBS
The QFA North Clubs for season 2015 are Aspley, Moreton Bay, Caloundra, Kedron, Maroochydore, Mayne, Nambour & Hinterland, and Noosa.

From AFLQ website

2015 QFA NORTH CLUBS

Was this a secret review? I can't believe that any review of the QFA comp would keep it as is.

A change on web site has occurred

2015 QFA NORTH CLUBS

The QFA North Clubs for season 2015 are Aspley, Moreton Bay, Caloundra, Maroochydore, Mayne, Nambour & Hinterland, and Noosa.

Big Brother watching or is the Pen I mean finger stronger than the sword lol

2015 QFA NORTH CLUBS

The QFA North Clubs for season 2015 are Aspley, Moreton Bay, Caloundra, Maroochydore, Mayne, Nambour & Hinterland, and Noosa.

What ever happened to Glasshouse?

2015 QFA NORTH CLUBS

Updating Webpages seems to be a low priority for a lot of the clubs too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they don't have people employed and paid handsomely to manage it though...

True enough...

But surely every club must have one internet Geek in the club who can do an update weekly. Even some Facebook pages get little new information.

But on the promotion of this code in this state. we do need some more reporting of it. Would be nice to see a match report from each game etc. on the AFLQ site, you get more info from places like here than on the AFLQ site.

True enough...

But surely every club must have one internet Geek in the club who can do an update weekly. Even some Facebook pages get little new information.

But on the promotion of this code in this state. we do need some more reporting of it. Would be nice to see a match report from each game etc. on the AFLQ site, you get more info from places like here than on the AFLQ site.
Haha good luck!! Seems to me that unless you are from Morningside or, dare I say it, from a female comp, you won't see or hear anything from AFLQ about any of your teams in this comp or any for that matter below QAFL. There is a preview that comes out every Friday re QFA North and South but it's about 6 lines per game and really gives no information at all.

Haha good luck!! Seems to me that unless you are from Morningside or, dare I say it, from a female comp, you won't see or hear anything from AFLQ about any of your teams in this comp or any for that matter below QAFL. There is a preview that comes out every Friday re QFA North and South but it's about 6 lines per game and really gives no information at all.
Yes I noticed that. Really need to work together as a league and get a solution to it all. doesn't need to be a AFLQ employee at each game just anyone willing to write a report.

The Mayne Football Club acknowledges the passing of Giulio Murgia on Monday 13th July 2015 after a long battle with cancer.

Giulio grew up in Albion, a stone’s throw from Crosby Park where the Mayne Juniors were once located. It was here that his love of the Tigers began and never faltered to the day of his passing. Giulio played footy with the Mayne Juniors along with his older brother Michael and with friends who have stayed close by ever since.

Giulio’s passion for the club never waned no matter the club’s fortunes epitomising the values of a true supporter. He generously provided gifts to the club over the years for major raffles to ensure the club would have the necessary funds to keep the dream alive that Mayne would return to former glory. No matter when or where the club was playing, Giulio would be following the club’s exploits through whatever media was available. It was commonplace for club President’s to receive three quarter time phone calls to find out “how are we going?”

It was fitting that he was able to enjoy the recent success of the Tiger. Not surprisingly, he was the first person to order a premiership jersey following the club’s grand final achievement in 2014.

In recent times Queensland football followers of the website Bigfooty.com will have known Giulio by his nom de plume “Tiger G” where his knowledge of grass roots footy entertained and informed many people through the forums that he started and performed a moderating role.

He will be very much missed by all who knew him.

Giulio will be farewelled at the Nudgee Cemetery this Friday 24th July at 10.30am and club members and friends are welcome to attend.

The Mayne Football Club wishes to pass on condolences to all of Giulio’s family for their loss and acknowledge with thanks the unwavering support that the club received from him over the course of his life.

The Mayne Football Club acknowledges the passing of Giulio Murgia on Monday 13th July 2015 after a long battle with cancer.

Giulio grew up in Albion, a stone’s throw from Crosby Park where the Mayne Juniors were once located. It was here that his love of the Tigers began and never faltered to the day of his passing. Giulio played footy with the Mayne Juniors along with his older brother Michael and with friends who have stayed close by ever since.

Giulio’s passion for the club never waned no matter the club’s fortunes epitomising the values of a true supporter. He generously provided gifts to the club over the years for major raffles to ensure the club would have the necessary funds to keep the dream alive that Mayne would return to former glory. No matter when or where the club was playing, Giulio would be following the club’s exploits through whatever media was available. It was commonplace for club President’s to receive three quarter time phone calls to find out “how are we going?”

It was fitting that he was able to enjoy the recent success of the Tiger. Not surprisingly, he was the first person to order a premiership jersey following the club’s grand final achievement in 2014.

In recent times Queensland football followers of the website Bigfooty.com will have known Giulio by his nom de plume “Tiger G” where his knowledge of grass roots footy entertained and informed many people through the forums that he started and performed a moderating role.

He will be very much missed by all who knew him.

Giulio will be farewelled at the Nudgee Cemetery this Friday 24th July at 10.30am and club members and friends are welcome to attend.

The Mayne Football Club wishes to pass on condolences to all of Giulio’s family for their loss and acknowledge with thanks the unwavering support that the club received from him over the course of his life.

My thoughts go out to the Mayne football club on the loss of Giulio Murgia known to the big footy community as "Tiger G" and "Sir G" more recently. An outstanding supporter of the club which reflected in the passion for which he spoke about the going ons at Mayne on the big footy forums

Agree Footy fan - only knew him as Tiger G but was a gentleman on this forum at all times and obviously loved the Mayne FC. I once read a quote that clubs are not built on bricks & mortar & facilities - these can crumble and disintegrate and are really only a mirage for what lies underneath. Great clubs are built on people and Tiger G sounds like he was one of these. Condolences to all who knew him.

terrible news - again only knew him from the interaction on here, but one of those blokes who clearly stuck around through thick and thin.

glad he was able to enjoy a double flag after no doubt going through some rough years.

I am sure mayne will have the armbands on this weekend.

They didn't actually BOC which was strange I thought??

Anyone from Noosa shed light on why Copeland played 2's on the weekend?? Obviously not on form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back