2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

Striking - behind play, in the goal square. Goal ump nabbed him. Question is do Mayne roll the dice and risk 2 weeks (potentially a semi and a GF) or take the 1 knowing he will be available for the next game whatever it is?
Anyone know the result of Daley's report? Did he take the offered penalty or go to tribunal?

Yeah was strange QAFL - the young bloke was obviously nuisance value on him but not like a tight tag (and he was playing fairly well anyway).

Here's my guess. Because of the leagues and umpires incompetence in dealing with such issues, it will be thrown out.

We have had 6 yellow cards handed out in the 2's in the past 2 weeks. The umpires need to get thicker skin and not be so precious. In saying that i guess they shouldn't have to put up with any abuse or back chat etc. I guess as players we need to adapt early on once we realise what they are like..

In what respect Ashley? - I know when our 2's played Aspley a couple of weeks ago one of the umps (not the maroochy club umpire) was ridiculous. Didn't even know some of the actual rules!

Smy when your team is 2nd to the ball and doesn't show up to play or respect a lower team that'll happen umpires don't decide games players actions do

Smy when your team is 2nd to the ball and doesn't show up to play or respect a lower team that'll happen umpires don't decide games players actions do

Not sure I said anywhere the game was decided by the umpires??? But it does help if the actual rules are followed, not interpretations which are always subjective. Doesn't really matter, didn't affect the sides position on the ladder or what final they will eventually play in, just frustrating for players in particular.

Mayne and Maroochydore at Mayne on Sat should be a cracker. With Mayne finishing on top of the ladder and last years premiers you'd expect them to be favourites, but they come up against the only team to beat them for two years, twice. I'll go with Mayne by a slim margin. Game of the year I reckon.

Oh and Noosa will defeat Caloundra comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if the QFA North semis have been cancelled, but they have been overlooked on the AFLQ website, maybe not considered to be SEQ?.

http://www.aflq.com.au/seq-finals-update/

Sat 5 Sep QAFL Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.30 am Reserves Qualifying Final Morningside Vs. Wilston Grange Yeronga
2.00 pm Seniors Qualifying Final Western Magpies Vs Wilston Grange Yeronga

Sun 6 Sep QAFL Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.30 am Reserves Elimination Final Mt Gravatt Vs. Surfers Paradise Morningside
2.00 pm Seniors Elimination Final Morningside Vs Broadbeach Morningside

Sat 5th Sep QFA STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.15 am Reserves 1st Semi Final Coorparoo Vs. Kenmore Kenmore
2.00 pm Seniors 1st Semi Final Kenmore Vs Burleigh Kenmore

Sat 29 Aug QFA STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.15 am Reserves 2nd Semi Final Burleigh Vs. Robina Coorparoo
2.00 pm Seniors 2nd Semi Final Coorparoo Vs Springwood Coorparoo

Sat 5th Sep COLTS STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
9.30 am Colts Grand Final Southport Vs Broadbeach Labrador

Fri 4 Sep QAFA BC Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
7.30 pm Seniors Grand Final Kedron Vs Woodsmen Zillmere

Sat 5th Sep QAFA A Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.30 am Reserves 2nd Semi Final Carrara Vs. Redcliffe Wynnum
2.00 pm Seniors 1st Semi Final Griffith Moorooka Vs Carrara Wynnum

9.00 am Colts Grand Final Southport Vs Broadbeach Bond University
11.30 am Reserves 1st Semi Final South East Suns Vs. Ipswich Bond University
2.00 pm Seniors 2nd Semi Final Bond University Vs South East Suns Bond University

Sat 5 Sep QWAFA Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
12.30 pm Seniors 2ND Semi Final Moreton Bay Vs Zillmere Burpengary
4.45 pm QWAFA 1st Semi Final Bond Vs. Jindalee Bond University

Sat 5 Sep QAFA B STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
2.00 pm Seniors Grand Final Byron Bay Vs Tweed Heads Byron Bay

Sat 5th Sep COLTS NTH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
9.00 am Colts Grand Final Maroochydore Vs Aspley Burpengary

It will be interesting to see how long before it is fixed
They spend too much time monitoring social media etc rather than doing a responsible job that we all pay for
My guess fixed within 12 hours lol
PS some of web site data home team and away team is even incorrect

just a terrible terrible organisation.

Full of inept staff.

If people made as many mistake as they did in a normal private sector job, they'd get the arse.

They are like a local council office full of incompetent 'job for life' folks

And Colts South listed 3 times, twice at Labrador and once at Bond Uni!!!!!! Confusion reigns

Not sure if the QFA North semis have been cancelled, but they have been overlooked on the AFLQ website, maybe not considered to be SEQ?.

http://www.aflq.com.au/seq-finals-update/

Sat 5 Sep QAFL Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.30 am Reserves Qualifying Final Morningside Vs. Wilston Grange Yeronga
2.00 pm Seniors Qualifying Final Western Magpies Vs Wilston Grange Yeronga

Sun 6 Sep QAFL Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.30 am Reserves Elimination Final Mt Gravatt Vs. Surfers Paradise Morningside
2.00 pm Seniors Elimination Final Morningside Vs Broadbeach Morningside

Sat 5th Sep QFA STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.15 am Reserves 1st Semi Final Coorparoo Vs. Kenmore Kenmore
2.00 pm Seniors 1st Semi Final Kenmore Vs Burleigh Kenmore

Sat 29 Aug QFA STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
11.15 am Reserves 2nd Semi Final Burleigh Vs. Robina Coorparoo
2.00 pm Seniors 2nd Semi Final Coorparoo Vs Springwood Coorparoo

Fri 4 Sep QAFA BC Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
7.30 pm Seniors Grand Final Kedron Vs Woodsmen Zillmere

11.30 am Reserves 2nd Semi Final Carrara Vs. Redcliffe Wynnum
2.00 pm Seniors 1st Semi Final Griffith Moorooka Vs Carrara Wynnum

9.00 am Colts Grand Final Southport Vs Broadbeach Bond University
11.30 am Reserves 1st Semi Final South East Suns Vs. Ipswich Bond University
2.00 pm Seniors 2nd Semi Final Bond University Vs South East Suns Bond University

Sat 5 Sep QWAFA Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
12.30 pm Seniors 2ND Semi Final Moreton Bay Vs Zillmere Burpengary
4.45 pm QWAFA 1st Semi Final Bond Vs. Jindalee Bond University

Sat 5 Sep QAFA B STH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
2.00 pm Seniors Grand Final Byron Bay Vs Tweed Heads Byron Bay

Sat 5th Sep COLTS NTH Final Home Team Vs. Away Team Venue
9.00 am Colts Grand Final Maroochydore Vs Aspley Burpengary

just a terrible terrible organisation.

Full of inept staff.

If people made as many mistake as they did in a normal private sector job, they'd get the arse.

They are like a local council office full of incompetent 'job for life' folks

Its not like the rate of pay on offer attracts the best from all over the country mind you...

Expect a replay of last years Grand Final after Noosa run over Maroochydore

U are not a Maroochydore fan FTB... :)

Got last weeks tips but didn't pan out as you crystal balled. Real tight 1st qrt, Mayne got away in the 2nd and then the last half was a bit of an arm wrestle where the Roos out scored the Tigers by 3 and a bit goals. The rain didn't help any comebacks from behind but the Tigers were very good. Brown choipped in when he was needed - great captains goal right at the back end of the game to steady the ship and the FB (#17) was strong all day. Good game of footy.
Noosa - they just monstered the panthers.

Will be a good day at Moreton bay this Saturday. Maroochy v Noosa in both grades and can't remember when they last played in a prelim final. With Maroochy's Colts in the GF as well in the 1st game it makes for a big day

Actually would prefer Maroochydore to win as I like how they seem to react to the oppositions game plan and are well coached and believe they can really take Mayne on. Looking forward to good footy over the next couple of weeks.

Yep - fair enough mate. Credit where credit is due u got both tips!! :)

I think this comp has been reasonably competitive this year, certainly with Maroochydore who lost to Caloundra and beat MB by only 1 pt. Whisper is one of the south conf teams will come in to make 8 in each which is logical and will only strengthen the Nth comp as well. Unfort prob more lop sided than the sth conf but I think the 3 top teams in the nth would easily beat the top team in the sth and Caloundra would be in the top 2. But it is what it is!

Yep - fair enough mate. Credit where credit is due u got both tips!! :)

I think this comp has been reasonably competitive this year, certainly with Maroochydore who lost to Caloundra and beat MB by only 1 pt. Whisper is one of the south conf teams will come in to make 8 in each which is logical and will only strengthen the Nth comp as well. Unfort prob more lop sided than the sth conf but I think the 3 top teams in the nth would easily beat the top team in the sth and Caloundra would be in the top 2. But it is what it is!
So SMY, what do you base that last outlandish comment on? Have you seen enough Sth comp games to make a comparison, or is it just old fashioned nth v Sth biased opinion?

I see plenty of both leagues.

South is more competitive, but the top 3 sides in the North are better than any of the sides in the south from what I've seen.

I've been told by numerous source TT that live on the sth side and watch a few games and then come and watch the odd north game. And not that it is a magnificent rule of thumb but Maroochy absolutely belted Coorparoo at the start of the year..
Would be interesting to pit the best sides together next year but the AFLQ in their wisdom think better of it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back