2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

Last 2 weeks Kenmore have shown the folly of having a playing coach and nobody calling shots from the sidelines.

Springwood kicked 10 unanswered last week, and piled on 5 in about 7 minutes this week.

On both occasions, Kenmore didn't respond at all with any sort of tactical change. Nobody moved behind the ball, wingers didn't even push back a bit - just nothing. They have been blown away in short periods 2 weeks in a row, and haven't fired a shot tactically to address it.

Surely with some of the talls they have up front, one can be spared to sit in the hole in defence for 5-10 minutes if the opposition midfield starts to get on top? even a sneior player should make this move himself. If I was Plummer I would have taken matters into my own hands and stationed myself at half back when the oppo kicked 3 on the trot in a short period, gotta stem the bleeding. Some experienced players down at Kenmore, but not much leadership.

Even Corrie would be an exceptional loose man back there when they are under pressure.

Last 2 weeks Kenmore have shown the folly of having a playing coach and nobody calling shots from the sidelines.

Football has become more tactical than it was years ago when each man was meant to just beat his own opponent and a playing coach was a good thing to pass around quick praise or a pineapple as needed when running past others. But they cant watch the whole ground, they need someone making plans at the sidelines, changing things up as needed, implementing strategies that were practiced at training.

Seen too many games where the head coach is on the field and the team don't respond to quick movements of the ball. Do experienced players ignore the coaches call to continue as is and move to fill a hole, does the onfield coach support thinking from his players? I hope so, that way as you say maybe they can adapt, but from observation it seems to me that the big picture and changes need to be controlled from the sideline not on the field.

Very fair point QAFL - have seen Corrie sit behind the ball a couple of times and with his ball use is an excellent 7th defender.

know nothing about his off field support so to comment on them would be out of place - but I think the 2 finals could certainly go either way, probably same for the 2's comp as well.

Think this league has definitely settled a lot more then its northern counterpart and should be some quality footy over the next 3 weeks.

Haha Lenny mate after we kicked 2.11 in the first half and butchered a lot of them from straight in front we needed our luck to change!
That said we were pretty happy to come home to that end.

I actually watched the 2014 gf for the first time last week. The intensity of that last quarter is something I haven't seen in 2's footy very often.

any gossip going into this weekends games?
injuries etc?
My tips for the weekend:

Seniors:
COORPAROO (another close finish)
KENMORE

Reserves:
COORPAROO
BURLEIGH

Another ripping game between kings and Pumas. Looked over before a comeback late. Burleigh getting it done again as well.

A couple of real good games this week with kings v Burleigh in both grades.

Both ladder leaders losing second semi's wouldn't have happened for a couple of years.

Qafl did you get out to the Kenmore game? Interested to hear how it played out.

I am assuming the gf will be at yeronga.

Venue for both gf and prelim is tba on website - I am assuming gf at yeronga.

Np says both games sat 19th although aware this clashes with your div. I see they have come out and said redlands for both prelim and gf in qafa a already

Venue for both gf and prelim is tba on website - I am assuming gf at yeronga.

Np says both games sat 19th although aware this clashes with your div. I see they have come out and said redlands for both prelim and gf in qafa a already

Yeah they have and I'm ok with that Lol played there in the pissing wet earlier this year and the ground was perfect .

I heard a whisper that the this comp grand final could possibly be a Sunday game . I did also see that it's scheduled for the sat tho .

Actually heard the same thing on Saturday - I know what day our preference is!

Hopefully Burleigh and kings belt the life out of each other and it's then a Saturday game!!

Would like to think we would find out this week - but it wouldn't surprise me if its not till next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qafl did you get out to the Kenmore game? Interested to hear how it played out.

Yep, I watched both Kenmore Ressies and Seniors in what was a disappointing day for the Bears. Seniors out in straight sets and losing in a consistent manner is a bit of a worry, they just can't seem to stop sides that get on a roll and have a real front running midfield. Corrie, Judson and Fox in particular just don't have a defensive bone in their body and the matchup they had on Sullivan was a disaster for them, a skinny young bloke who looked 65kg ringing wet was playing on a big bodied experienced player and got a serious touch up - surely Fozard or Loney gets moved to him?

In the end, Burleigh were seriously hot - their midfield dominated and their defenders had no chance as the delivery was superb, as was the finishing. They had 16.2 at half time and Sullivan in particular was slotting them from everywhere. Knight and Wise were quality and Plummer was having an off day for Kenmore - the sledging he copped was absolutely relentless, and I reckon it got to him a bit.

However, the game was won and lost in the midfield and Kenmore got destroyed in there. Coorparoo should touch up the Bombers next week though, especially as Wise couldn't possibly play after the hit he copped from big Stummer - it was a beauty and old Danny will be very very sore.

Ressies was a different story, Kenmore fell behind early and then stayed in touch all day, but just couldn't quite get there. they would get on top, start putting the pressure on, but just never broke the mental barrier of hitting the lead. Coorparoo have some pretty handy players running around in their 2's, 3 or 4 of the would have been useful in Kenmore's 1's !

prelim locked in for Kenmore - interesting option with AFLQ opting to play the AP cup finals at yeronga on the saturday.
cheers for the review - I saw sully had about 6 to half time and figured he was having a day out. I think both games on saturday will be very good to watch - was saturday Burliegh's gf or are they a reasonable chance to get to a rematch of the 2014 gf?
Kings looked a little flat on saturday and Puma's were definitely hot from the get go.
Kings 2's have some very solid 19's playing for them and will be interesting to see if burliegh look to intimate them with a physical brand of footy.
A lot on the line for both clubs this weekend - should be a cracking day.

Yeah they have and I'm ok with that Lol played there in the pissing wet earlier this year and the ground was perfect .

I heard a whisper that the this comp grand final could possibly be a Sunday game . I did also see that it's scheduled for the sat tho .

I believe Sunday grand finals at Yeronga due to QAFL and women's finals on the Saturday

Sunday GF would be a pain for the players but would allow spectators to watch Div3 GF or AFLQ prelims ensuring another full weekend of footy.

Yes very disappointing for the Bears QAFL_Fan. The only solace was the physicality that they brought to the game. Great to see Burleigh getting roughed up but as much as it pains me to say, even that contest was very even and perhaps Burleigh had the upper hand. Corrie heavily involved with the argy bargy and even tried to throw a few. After every kerfuffle he seemed to drag himself off for a cool down.

Bombers were much better using the footy especially with the forward entries. The bears just bombed or rushed it in allowing burleigh to spoil and mop up easily enough.

Haven't seen the Kings match up against the Bombers, but I know they are a tough team that have smarts and skills so will I'm hoping they spank burleigh and send the w@nkers back south.

Such an easy team to hate, some of their fans can get on under your skin. Saturday's game saw one of their faithful approach the Kenmore group with a gobful of w@nker talk. He had absolutely no reason to wander over from the hill to the front of the bar area but decided it'd be a good idea to be a d!ckhead.

Go Kings!!! Kick their ar$e

Sunday GF would be a pain for the players but would allow spectators to watch Div3 GF or AFLQ prelims ensuring another full weekend of footy.

Yes very disappointing for the Bears QAFL_Fan. The only solace was the physicality that they brought to the game. Great to see Burleigh getting roughed up but as much as it pains me to say, even that contest was very even and perhaps Burleigh had the upper hand. Corrie heavily involved with the argy bargy and even tried to throw a few. After every kerfuffle he seemed to drag himself off for a cool down.

Bombers were much better using the footy especially with the forward entries. The bears just bombed or rushed it in allowing burleigh to spoil and mop up easily enough.

Haven't seen the Kings match up against the Bombers, but I know they are a tough team that have smarts and skills so will I'm hoping they spank burleigh and send the w@nkers back south.

Such an easy team to hate, some of their fans can get on under your skin. Saturday's game saw one of their faithful approach the Kenmore group with a gobful of w@nker talk. He had absolutely no reason to wander over from the hill to the front of the bar area but decided it'd be a good idea to be a d!ckhead.

Burleigh have no class at all.
A win for football fans if both the Burleigh sides get sent packing tomorrow. In saying that they are on a hot streak & the kings will have to be on to put them away.

From the sounds of it u must be from one of the s**t sides we disposed of the last two weeks , how was mad monday *er ? Love us or hate us were still in it and ur team obviously isnt ! And the kenmore twos were very vocal so stop being a sook! Go the bombers

From the sounds of it u must be from one of the s**t sides we disposed of the last two weeks , how was mad monday goose ? Love us or hate us were still in it and ur team obviously isnt ! And the kenmore twos were very vocal so stop being a sook! Go the bombers

Haha quality Burleigh response.

Yep exactly, just the sort of response we come to expect from w@nkers.
In all fairness Burleigh has played some very solid footy and were a step above the opposition during the last fortnight. If I were to stick a Burleigh cap on I'd be a happy chap.

However this being an internet forum I'd be breaking rank if I didn't continue the jibes

I wear no Burleigh cap and your supporters definitely contain some d!ckheads and the majority of the players love a cheap shot. Kenmore 2's being vocal, yeah I'd agree with that. Ever listened to what's shouted out from your side of the fence?

The Kings will do us all a favour tomorrow anyway and you w@nkers can get on it that afternoon back down the motorway with your tail between your legs.

Monday was a typical work day for me, although I pulled a swifty and came in late.
Neutral supporter so not associated with either "s**t sides" both of whom beat you clowns during the regular season.

So if you get beaten by a s**t side what does that make you?

Yep exactly, just the sort of response we come to expect from w@nkers.
In all fairness Burleigh has played some very solid footy and were a step above the opposition during the last fortnight. If I were to stick a Burleigh cap on I'd be a happy chap.

However this being an internet forum I'd be breaking rank if I didn't continue the jibes

I wear no Burleigh cap and your supporters definitely contain some d!ckheads and the majority of the players love a cheap shot. Kenmore 2's being vocal, yeah I'd agree with that. Ever listened to what's shouted out from your side of the fence?

The Kings will do us all a favour tomorrow anyway and you w@nkers can get on it that afternoon back down the motorway with your tail between your legs.

Monday was a typical work day for me, although I pulled a swifty and came in late.
Neutral supporter so not associated with either "s**t sides" both of whom beat you clowns during the regular season.

So if you get beaten by a s**t side what does that make you?

U obviously have no idea u dont win flags during the regular season , both sides were way better when it didnt matter, finals is all that matters and we won so basically we were the better side this yr than them 2 sides and yeah today will be tough cooparoo are a good side but least we have the chance to try knock them out to! No doubt ul be at the game ya so hopefully we prove * stains like u wrong again!

Both minor premiers through to the gf after hard fought wins.

Credit to Burleigh in the seniors as without wise most "neutral" supporters thought they would have been in for a long day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back