2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

was back and forward all day - I think the biggest margin all day was 2 goals.

I think both grand finals will be great games - pity i wont see any of the seniors!

Have to admit not stoked at playing on a sunday - but gee the deck looked amazing at yeronga - definitely the best amatuer ground in the SEQ comps.

Pumas to win by 2 points
O'shea kick 10
Vasterink for the medal.
I think if he kicks 10 and they win by 2 points he is likely to have both medals on!

not sure what to make of the Kings the last 2 weeks - most had them as big favourites about a month out.

Be a massive effort to go back to back like mayne have in the north div.

Coorparoo were missing Dosser, Fitzgerald and one other guy I can't recall.

those first 2 are in the best 6 or 7. Dosser I believe was carrying a niggle and Fitzgerald unavailable.

They would have regretted resting a couple of guys had they gone down!

Knight was huge for Burleigh, cracker of a game

Robina by 6 goals
Pumas by 3 goals

Robina 2s are due for a win after some near misses in recent time & have the side to bring it home this year.
The senior final is going to be an absolutely ravishing game of footy & really could go either way but i am still backing the pumas. If they do win im sure we can guarentee though that Pringle will be taking selflies & at least one bloke will get arrested during the days of celebrations to follow.

Ex Collingwood and Western Bulldogs player Tyson Lane is coaching Coolangatta in 2016.
Toughest gig in local footy down there.

Nah a midfielder, not that tall and gee whiz massive call. I know it is a long time ago but integral part of that shamozzle in cairns 10 yrs ago. Hopefully he c an turn that club around but without having to spend major $$.

Nah a midfielder, not that tall and gee whiz massive call. I know it is a long time ago but integral part of that shamozzle in cairns 10 yrs ago. Hopefully he c an turn that club around but without having to spend major $$.

You'd think if Lane was any good he'd snag a QAFL job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some serious cash being offered to Lane - im sure they will be hoping for similar results as when they got the fridge down there! hopefully they can do something to attrack players as has been a pretty tough 3 years.

Tim Pearson announced as Senior Coach of Robina for 2016 - club looks forward to welcoming Tim to Scottsdale Drive. Highly regarded for the work he has done with GM over the last couple of years both on and off the field.

www.robinaroos.com.au/articles/2016-senior-coach-appointed.html
outstanding appointment

That guy is a great coach. Even though Moorooka didn't get the flag this year, they were still the best coached side in that competition by a mile the past few years.

I'm surprised a QAFL club didn't snaffle him

BOC you confident in a better year on the playing stocks front?
Where does that leave Marooka now?

Good to see Cooly have started addressing their situation. If they don't get the players surely they need to drop back

Yeah full of praise for committee with the way this year has been handled - turned a significant increase in revenue and have now been able to attract and appoint a coach at the right time of the year to get serious about player recruitment.

sexualninja - I think the club would definately like to think we are going to be in a better position than last year - lost some pretty serious top end talent when you consider probably 7 of our top 10 from bnf of 2014 didnt return and Boeh Davies only played a couple of games. Sheepy did a great job with the cattle he had this year and we wish him all the best with his next step in his coaching career.

That said to finally win the 2's flag at our third attempt was a big reward for effort for a lot of guys involved over that 3 year period.

But having Tim appointed and able to be wheeled out to speak to potential players is a much better position than we found ourselves in for the 2015 season.

Congrats on the ressies flag BOC, pleasing to see the good guys won the cup. It was a long time coming and those previous losses would have been agony for the players. All the boys coming back next year or was the prize enough for some of the old stagers to call it a day?

some serious cash being offered to Lane - im sure they will be hoping for similar results as when they got the fridge down there! hopefully they can do something to attrack players as has been a pretty tough 3 years.

Well the social club must be talking to the footy club again if this is the case...
He won't be looking to build from within I would imagine and if the fridge experiment is one to go by, well... look where that got the footy club!!

Congrats on the ressies flag BOC, pleasing to see the good guys won the cup. It was a long time coming and those previous losses would have been agony for the players. All the boys coming back next year or was the prize enough for some of the old stagers to call it a day?

cheers mate - yeah its strange to look back at the last 3 years and see how they all unfolded very differently - but yeah definitely made getting the cup all that much sweeter.

I would suspect that its about 50/50 to be honest - probably be about 8 or 9 that 100% wont go around again - and they are probably the blokes that would have hung them up had 2014 been different!

Well the social club must be talking to the footy club again if this is the case...
He won't be looking to build from within I would imagine and if the fridge experiment is one to go by, well... look where that got the footy club!!
can only go on what was told but i believe the figure he mentioned to our guys was pretty high - take 50% for exaggeration and it was still a 5 figure number!!

but its one thing to be offered something and another to actually receive it along the way!!

The fridge experiment, not sure what he did that put the club in a bad spot.

Not him specifically GK - but the mind set. Just the whole idea that you can spend $$ on players (that a club struggles to generate year on year) without going backwards at some point. Yep, Cooly were a strong club back in the day (your day.. :) ) but there are obviously issues now that are preventing go forward. Just not sure spending $$ on players is the solution to get yourself out of it. You HAVE to win games of footy. No wriggle room if you don't.
Anyway time will tell.
Hope life is good down there.

Hello,
I have moved up from Melbourne and am looking for a team for the 2016 season. Can someone please advise how the QFA South would compare to Melbourne metro comps (EDFL A/B Grade in particular)? Is training pretty much twice a week during the season?
Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back