2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I wouldn't be comfortable calling any side favourites atm. Kenmore by a goal over the Pumas and the Devils and kings play a draw is a pretty even top 4. I wouldn't be writing Burleigh off either as their guns know what finals footy is all about.
With the wash out in round 4, Kenmore are yet to have the bye so are effectively a game in front of everyone. They have the bye twice in 3 weeks coming up.

Anyone at the Kings Devils game? If aflq score tracker is correct it looks like 10 minutes between last score and final siren - would imagine would have been some desperate footy played in that period of time!!
Shame the Devils didn't kick straight. Some easy misses .

So the competition gets interesting
Kenmore still winning. Though haven't had their bye yet.
Burleigh building percentage.
Hard to believe that Springwood are into 5th spot on ladder after 9 games of football. But they have had both their byes now.
Should be an interesting few weeks coming up as the 5 teams fighting for the top 4 get down to the business end of the year.

Yeah I think Kenmore will be hurt by the fixture to be honest - only generating 4 points from 3 games will have a big impact on ladder position I would think.

Yeronga about to get stronger with the inclusion of a cpl of players. Have heard one of them to include tim Notting with the lions to play more home sat night games allowing him to play. Pretty handy mid season acquisition!

Going to be a good second half to the season in both grades I'd say

Yeah I think Kenmore will be hurt by the fixture to be honest - only generating 4 points from 3 games will have a big impact on ladder position I would think.

Yeronga about to get stronger with the inclusion of a cpl of players. Have heard one of them to include tim Notting with the lions to play more home sat night games allowing him to play. Pretty handy mid season acquisition!

Going to be a good second half to the season in both grades I'd say
Mid season changes to teams ? wow could be interesting.. who else are they getting.?

My understanding is a couple of blokes who may have been unavailable or had hung them up so to speak may be interested in coming back given they are going ok. My info could be completely wrong tho!

Not anyone from any other club, simply blokes who haven't played this year yet.

Also see Matt Lockyer played 2s for them - he's much like Cowan from the Kings - age doesn't seem to have reduced his ability to find the footy!

My understanding is a couple of blokes who may have been unavailable or had hung them up so to speak may be interested in coming back given they are going ok. My info could be completely wrong tho!

Don't you love blokes like that? Sit around doing nothing, none of the hard yards, and then mid-season when they see their club is going to play finals footy and they might get a couple of easy kicks like magic they're back at training and taking someone else's spot.

I would suggest they would be doing some solid work on the track before getting a game - can't see a club with both grades top 3 having blokes turn up Thursday night and playing straight up on a Saturday.
As for possum he has been runner for the lions afl side so not like he's been punching beers down at home on the couch!

So any predictions for this weekends matches

Alexandra Hills Versus Cooloongatta-Tweed, I think Alex are due a win.

Coomera versus Springwood ., The Pumas should be too good but Coomera are a tough team

Burleigh Versus Robina. Another percentage booster for Burleigh

Coorparoo versus Kenmore. A real top match. I think Kenmore in a close one

Yeronga Bye.

Any games between the top 5 can go either way. Though having everyone available is just a dream we all have, I don't think any of the 5 have put together there ideal lineup. Springwood are still the bench mark and the sleeping giant will awaken towards the pointy end in my opinion *have had both
byes also.

Basically top 5 sides don't have a crappy day because it's a massive chance to bite you in the arse come finals time or worst case coomera are waiting patiently for your spot.

Any games between the top 5 can go either way. Though having everyone available is just a dream we all have, I don't think any of the 5 have put together there ideal lineup. Springwood are still the bench mark and the sleeping giant will awaken towards the pointy end in my opinion *have had both
byes also.

Basically top 5 sides don't have a crappy day because it's a massive chance to bite you in the arse come finals time or worst case coomera are waiting patiently for your spot.
IS finals top 4 or top 5 in this 9 team competition ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coorparoo demolished the Bears yesterday.

Went down for a look expecting a genuine top of the table clash and it was a genuine old school hiding. If the Kings could kick straight they would have put 200 on.

I also watched the Coorparoo vs Kenmore game as well. Was a very dominant performance. Also noticed that Hampson and Gibson were playing in the reserves game for Coorparoo. They must be going well if those 2 are playing in the earlier game.

I also watched the Coorparoo vs Kenmore game as well. Was a very dominant performance. Also noticed that Hampson and Gibson were playing in the reserves game for Coorparoo. They must be going well if those 2 are playing in the earlier game.

To be fair, Gibson hasn't left the buffet in the last 12 months... In all seriousness though, I believe he may have been crook the week before and would probably have been better for the run in the magoos on the w/e.

Coorparoo seem just as polished as years gone by and are surely where the smart money is at - some experienced players in their "bottom half". Springwood and Yeronga probably don't have the quality last few players that Coorparoo seem to.

Additionally saw a pretty slick Burleigh team on the weekend - wouldn't write them off just yet either.

I believe they have yeronga, Kings and springwood in 3 of the next 4 so will get a good look at where they are at.

For the record playing sunday is a terrible idea.

Obviously a really strong culture at the Kings and not scared to drop "names" if form or circumstances apply - gibbo is an obvious example and likewise they dropped Josh Ryan who I believe was senior captain to the 2's during the finals in 2013.

QAFL - from what you know where many missing from Kenmore? wouldnt have predicted their 2's would cop that sort of hiding on exposed form of both teams.

Their 2's and by extension their 3's are very short, and never had much quality to start with.

I believe the players of note that Kenmore were missing were Corrie and De Winter (the FF they got from Tassie)

So pretty good players to be missing, but not enough to make up the complete pantsing they got all over the ground.

They have a few ex magpies in Reed, Fox, Judson etc who probably don't have the appetite for the contest they would hope for. Guys leaving QAFL clubs for a more social setting, usually give more social output...

fair point - and on a sunday who wants to give more then a social output anyway!!

that said these are the sort of players you want to stand up when it counts at the back end of the year and while a mid year top of table game should get most blokes up, they dont give out medals in late June / early July. Im sure those blokes will be the ones leading the way along with Corrie and De Winter come finals time.

Be interesting to see how the 2 byes in 3 weeks effects both there motivation and ladder position. Some clubs love coming off the bye, other hate it - bit like the week off in finals!

I havent seen the Kings this year - who stood out for them?

Usual suspects were good for the Kings. Lake brothers are all very handy, Cant kicked a bag. Gareth Dosser is always a quality player, and a young skinny bloke on the wing Fitzgerald (i think ex Broady) had a pretty good game as well.

Plummer had about 15 touches, 14 of them damaging. He is a ridiculously good player

yeah i just had a look through their team sheet. Interesting to see Taranto and Sam Lake back playing consistent senior footy.

I dont know alot about Cant, the 2 stewarts, Ness or Buis who I suggest have come from Mt Gravatt?

Having Rory their strengthens them and yeah James Fitzgerald is a handy outside receiver.

Plummer was in the inaugural Suns VFL squad wasn't he?

So who was missing from Coorpooroo team when they played Yeronga and only managed a draw. I guess the ups and downs of Community Football. LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back