2015 QFA South

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I still very much think its an open affair - Burleigh were very good against our boys - I think the next 3 weeks will tell where they are at.

Yeronga and Kings probably reasonably even as their recent draw suggests.

Springwood have a number players injured atm in the seniors from their team last year - I understand sponn, pringle, furfaro to name a cpl are expected to be back in coming weeks and both Friis' back through the 2s last weekend. I suppose it depends after losing one and then winning one whether they still have the hunger.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
My first year watching games in Seniors football. So still learning all the history. At end of the year hopefully all teams have their full squads so that the best team wins.

shaqsuns

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
yeah i just had a look through their team sheet. Interesting to see Taranto and Sam Lake back playing consistent senior footy.

I dont know alot about Cant, the 2 stewarts, Ness or Buis who I suggest have come from Mt Gravatt?

Having Rory their strengthens them and yeah James Fitzgerald is a handy outside receiver.

Plummer was in the inaugural Suns VFL squad wasn't he?
I believe it was his little brother BrotherofChunk

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting looking at the top ten goal kickers . With Kenmore and Burleigh having two in top ten , and Yeronga Three in top ten, is having a spread of goal kickers a bigger bonus than a spearhead who can kick double figure goals?

Swoopa09

All Australian
May 13, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting looking at the top ten goal kickers . With Kenmore and Burleigh having two in top ten , and Yeronga Three in top ten, is having a spread of goal kickers a bigger bonus than a spearhead who can kick double figure goals?
I believe that multiple avenues to goal is the better option. Particularly if they can come from the midfield group, it becomes more difficult to structure a defence to stop the goals.
Key forwards are important but they can't just be relyed on to be consistently hitting the scoreboard.

Just my opinion, as an average backman ha ha

Last edited:

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
I believe that multiple avenues to goal is the better option. Particularly if they can come from the midfield group, it becomes more difficult to structure a defence to stop the goals.
Key forwards are important but they can't just be relyed on to be consistently hitting the scoreboard.

Just my opinion, as an average backman ha ha
Good point. I guess teams can put a best defender or even double man a leading goal kicker but hard to do that if another player or two will bob up and kick the goals instead,

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kenmore have 2 in the top 10, but one of them has only played 5 or 6 games.

You will see the output of De Winter drop now that Plummer is back playing. He just draws the footy and I imagine if you have the ball in the Kenmore midfield and look up and see him, he would be very hard to ignore.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle

You will see the output of De Winter drop now that Plummer is back playing. He just draws the footy and I imagine if you have the ball in the Kenmore midfield and look up and see him, he would be very hard to ignore.
Big boy is he? So who is the best defender in this comp? any one match it with Plummer?

Jul 16, 2010
moree
AFL Club
Collingwood

Maybe they look to Plummer too much? Quality footballer but can't leave it to him each week to get them over the line.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
Being a bit bored. Put some stats together based on the Sporting Pulse page

Number of goal kickers per team .
Burleigh 28
Coorparoo 26
Alexandra Hills 25
Kenmore 24
Robina 23
Yeronga South Brisbane 21
Springwood 19
Coomera 19
Coolangatta-Tweed 19

Total goals per team
Kenmore 199
Coorparoo 190
Burleigh 188
Yeronga South Brisbane 165
Robina 130
Coomera 119
Springwood 117
Alexandra Hills 91
Coolangatta-Tweed 55

Average Goals per kicker
Kenmore 8.3
Yeronga South Brisbane 7.9
Coorparoo 7.3
Burleigh 6.7
Coomera 6.3
Springwood 6.2
Robina 5.7
Alexandra Hills 3.6
Coolangatta-Tweed 2.9

Total Players Used.
Coolangatta-Tweed 58
Burleigh 47
Robina 44
Coorparoo 39
Springwood 39
Yeronga South Brisbane 38
Coomera 38
Alexandra Hills 38
Kenmore 35

Percentage of Squad who has kicked a goal.
Kenmore 68.6
Coorparoo 66.7
Alexandra Hills 65.8
Burleigh 59.6
Yeronga South Brisbane 55.3
Robina 52.3
Coomera 50
Springwood 48.7
Coolangatta-Tweed 32.8

All meaningless I know !! LOL

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Raz thats some serious spreadsheeting!

In a nut shell - Robina have used a lot of players, had no issues kicking goals with a decent spread but have clearly struggled to stop the opposition kicking goals!

I still think burliegh are in the mix - had quite a few out judging from what their senior / reserve team sheets suggest.

6.18 to 20.10 is still only 24 shots to 30.

Although that said a 4 week stretch of Yeronga, Kings, Yeronga, Bears I reckon they will be looking forward to the bye they have in round 17!

round 16 and 17 pumas v kings and devils v kings will go a long way to determining who hosts the qualifying final in week 1.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
round 16 and 17 pumas v kings and devils v kings will go a long way to determining who hosts the qualifying final in week 1.
Yes doing the Predictor on the AFLQ site there is quite a good combination of finishes, but Burleigh don't get above 5 position. The other four teams can finish almost anywhere.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some big wins at weekend, the top four definitely showing a big gap to the lower 5 teams.

Thought Coorparoo would have beaten Burleigh by more.

Coming into the last part of the season hope no one gets injured and the best play against the best.

Jan 13, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some big wins at weekend, the top four definitely showing a big gap to the lower 5 teams.

Thought Coorparoo would have beaten Burleigh by more.

Coming into the last part of the season hope no one gets injured and the best play against the best.

I thought the same originally re: Coorparoo result but I dug a little deeper.

Just compared the team sheet from Kenmore game where they thrashed them to the weekends Burleigh game.

- Only 13 of the 22 players from Kenmore match up played against Burleigh.
- 7 players played with 2 games or less in the Seniors this year
- 4 of those on debut, of which 2 are from the clubs colts team.

Think they were happy to get out of Burleigh with a win and Burleigh kicking the last 3 makes it somewhat prettier.

Hopefully injuries aren't the reason for the changes, would like to see each team firing come finals time.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought the same originally re: Coorparoo result but I dug a little deeper.

Just compared the team sheet from Kenmore game where they thrashed them to the weekends Burleigh game.

- Only 13 of the 22 players from Kenmore match up played against Burleigh.
- 7 players played with 2 games or less in the Seniors this year
- 4 of those on debut, of which 2 are from the clubs colts team.

Think they were happy to get out of Burleigh with a win and Burleigh kicking the last 3 makes it somewhat prettier.
If it was a deliberate ploy an interesting tactic.

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
i wouldn't read anything into it other then unavailability for what ever reason - that said with 5 mins to go in the 3rd quarter it was 81-17 so probably took the foot off the pedal.

That's pretty comprehensive id say - they kicked 2.7 in the second quarter so it could have been a lot worse!

Pretty safe bet they will have week 1 of the finals off.

RAZ66

Senior List
Jan 4, 2015
Chinchilla
AFL Club
Fremantle
i wouldn't read anything into it other then unavailability for what ever reason - that said with 5 mins to go in the 3rd quarter it was 81-17 so probably took the foot off the pedal.

That's pretty comprehensive id say - they kicked 2.7 in the second quarter so it could have been a lot worse!

Pretty safe bet they will have week 1 of the finals off.

Yes Coorparoo very safe at top.

The next few weeks see most of the top 5 playing each other in Preview of Finals. Will be interesting to see results and who plays.

Back