2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

Benson there next 5 are Coomera, Cooly, Robina, Springwood and Yeronga you would have to think they would win at least 3 of those putting them on at least 54 points.

Kenmore are on 36 points and only play 4 more games - max could finish on is 52

Springwood have Cooly, Alex, Yeronga, Kings, Kemore - they are on 36 - they would have to win all 5 to get to 56 and have the kings drop 2 to finish on top.

As a betting man id be happy to take $1.50 that the kings will finish top.

Springwood have Cooly, Alex, Yeronga, Kings, Kemore - they are on 36 - they would have to win all 5 to get to 56 and have the kings drop 2 to finish on top..
whilst i agree the kings are very likely to finish top, effectively if we win all 5 then kings just need to drop one more (as we'll have needed to have beaten them to win all 5 obviously)

yeronga tend to finish seasons well so its not beyond them to beat the kings (albeit coorparoo will be deserved favourites), the others i'd expect coorparoo to win pretty easily

Benson there next 5 are Coomera, Cooly, Robina, Springwood and Yeronga you would have to think they would win at least 3 of those putting them on at least 54 points.

Kenmore are on 36 points and only play 4 more games - max could finish on is 52

Springwood have Cooly, Alex, Yeronga, Kings, Kemore - they are on 36 - they would have to win all 5 to get to 56 and have the kings drop 2 to finish on top.

As a betting man id be happy to take $1.50 that the kings will finish top.

You've got me, good research. Where do I place the bet?

What do they pay for the double taking 1st spot & the flag?
Or more likely Coorparoo top spot into Pumas back to back?

Unfortunately bensen no offical market - although I'm sure we can make a gentlemans agreement if you like!!

Few interesting results today. Burleigh very convincing without knight and sully and kings pushed for a long time by Coomera.

Lenny you have absolutely mozzed the Devils!!

Unfortunately bensen no offical market - although I'm sure we can make a gentlemans agreement if you like!!

Few interesting results today. Burleigh very convincing without knight and sully and kings pushed for a long time by Coomera.

haha, mate of all weeks i'd read very little into this one - plenty of blokes at our club had holidays booked for this weekend a long time ago and I know we're not the only club in that boat

all I meant with Yeronga was not that they'd come home like a freight train but only that with everyone on the park and playing well they can push anyone - and they tend to do this pretty well toward the back end of years (based off the massive sample size of the last two years where i've actually paid attention)

haha, mate of all weeks i'd read very little into this one - plenty of blokes at our club had holidays booked for this weekend a long time ago and I know we're not the only club in that boat

all I meant with Yeronga was not that they'd come home like a freight train but only that with everyone on the park and playing well they can push anyone - and they tend to do this pretty well toward the back end of years (based off the massive sample size of the last two years where i've actually paid attention)
Oh agreed mate - combo of splendour and originally being a bye week no doubt mixed things up.

That said Burleigh missed Sullivan and knight too of there better players so can't take anything away from them.

How did your boys go against cooly?

Oh agreed mate - combo of splendour and originally being a bye week no doubt mixed things up.

That said Burleigh missed Sullivan and knight too of there better players so can't take anything away from them.

How did your boys go against cooly?
yeah won by heaps, but cooly were very undermanned (as we were to be fair) but they more than most just can't afford to be

Yeah, good effort by the Coomera boys today, just need to run games out to the very end. Having said that, there has been a marked improvement this year and should be able to register a win or two before seasons end.

yeronga tend to finish seasons well so its not beyond them to beat the kings (albeit coorparoo will be deserved favourites), the others i'd expect coorparoo to win pretty easily

Yeronga need to change a lot from this weekend to regain a competitive edge. They looked lost on the weekend. They kicked repeatedly across goals to a competition, turned it over a number of times doing that and had goals kicked on them. When bringing the ball out of defence they only looked for the same certain players, ignoring Yeronga players running to space and again kicking to man on man situations which they only won less than 50% of the time. They may have been missing some of their normal players but playing smarter footy can help over come that, may not have got them over the line against a very determined Burleigh team but would have made the game interesting.

4 rounds left be interesting to see some of the team changes this week with most teams playing a bit light on last week.
Burleigh v kenmore probably game of the round.
our boys will be keen to start well and push the devils.
Did the seniors predictor this morning and finished with this:
Kings 62
Pumas 52
Bears 48
Devils 42
Burleigh 36

I dont think burleigh could steal 4th from here and the devils would need a burleigh win this week and to then beat either pumas / kings or both to steal 3rd.

Lenny - obviously had a few out last week - similar situation to us in that blokes who missed the 2's gf last year playing seniors - tough last 3 weeks for you boys - you might not want to give too much away, but are there many due back before end of season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kings V Cooly ...... game of the round with cooly getting 200 start!!!!!!!!!
hopefully the can field a 2's team this week - looks like was a forfeit last week and wouldnt imagine the trip to griffin park is any more appealing then to springwood at this stage of the year for them.

Lenny - obviously had a few out last week - similar situation to us in that blokes who missed the 2's gf last year playing seniors - tough last 3 weeks for you boys - you might not want to give too much away, but are there many due back before end of season?
i don't think its giving too much away to compare the first four rounds playing lists to the last four and see there's a fair few quality players out, i'd expect most of them back (obviously not proudy)

don't know any specifics though to be honest, i'm not in the "inner circle" any more as a "retired" gameday helper as opposed to a player/coach

our boys will be keen to start well and push the devils.

Yeronga definitely challenged in first qtr not much in it. But game broke free in the 2nd a close third qtr but kicked away in the end.

Certainly not the best umpiring at times the umpires seemed to have lost control. One thing that players all need to learn is it wont change an umpires decision if you start arguing and abusing the umpire for the decisions he made. Will only lead to 50m penalties. I have never seen so many given in one game and certainly cost 3-4 goals. Yes very frustrating for players, supporters and coaches, but in the end got to remain calm and play the next ball.

On a separate issue was a little concerned with the amount of alcohol being drunk around the ground (by spectators of course LOL) I thought that alcohol could only be consumed in a licenced area, or is that only the purchased alcohol? Can people bring alcohol to a ground and consume it?

I don't think it's any great secret that discipline has cost us this year.

Looks like the Kenmore Burleigh game was a good one in both grades - massive last quarter to run over the top of them - did you get a look at it QAFL?

Kenmore winning the 2's game opens that up a bit as well.

Chunk,

I was down at Chelmer Saturday arvo, but had the grandkids in tow.

Burleigh were on top most of the game with Danny Wise in fine touch. Kenmore showed a yelp in the 3rd quarter, before Burleigh kicked away again to waht I thought would be a match winning lead. I left at 3/4 time as the kids had had enough....

I was pleasantly surprised by the result!

I'll take the triple with the Ressies taking the flag aswell.
You would get a decent price seeing 3 weeks ago Burleigh beat them by 80 points!

QAFL - shows a fair bit of heart to come from that far back at 3/4time. Do Burleigh not have an even enough contribution by relying on wise so much do you think?

Suggest the game plan of "kick it to Plummer" was in full swing in the last!

You would get a decent price seeing 3 weeks ago Burleigh beat them by 80 points!

QAFL - shows a fair bit of heart to come from that far back at 3/4time. Do Burleigh not have an even enough contribution by relying on wise so much do you think?

Suggest the game plan of "kick it to Plummer" was in full swing in the last!
Full strength I think the Kings have them.

I reckon the full strength Kings have them all covered.

Although Kenmore have 3 or 4 players that can win a game on their own, while the Kings have far better depth in their 22.

Those 3 or 4 guys have a day out, and thats when they could be hard to beat.

I reckon the full strength Kings have them all covered.

Although Kenmore have 3 or 4 players that can win a game on their own, while the Kings have far better depth in their 22.

Those 3 or 4 guys have a day out, and thats when they could be hard to beat.
Haha sounds like Kings V Kenmore GF in 1998. Yes I have a long memory.

Haha sounds like Kings V Kenmore GF in 1998. Yes I have a long memory.
Springwood are far more capable of turning it on come finals time than Kenmore.
Friday nights hit out Pumas v Devils will hopefully give us something interesting to talk about over the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back