Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Def: K.Simpson, Hibberd, Newnes, Lumumba, H.Goddard, Z.Jones (Dick, Cluery)
Mid: Ablett, Beams, Treloar, B.Crouch, Rich, Van Berlo, Newton, Freeman (Dumont, Cripps)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Bellchambers (Griffin, King)
Forward: Dusty, B.Goddard, Swan, D.Smith, T.Mitchell, Salem (Lambert, Clark)

Thoughts about my team? I also have 18k left
I like a lot of your picks and think this is a very solid team. The only real problem I can see is 4 rookies in defence. The rookies are much better in the forwards than defenders this year. I'd trade D. Smith down to someone like Jack Martin, Karnezis, Hogan or Reid, then upgrade one of your cheap defenders to Brodie Smith. Ibbotson, Whitecross and Gilbert will be better picks than H. Goddard too.

After NAB week 1 I've updated my team somewhat. Added a different 4th midfielder who could become quite popular and was a slight downgrade on Scott Selwood. Leaves me with $174k to move

BACKS: Nick Malceski ~ Brodie Smith ~ Jack Newnes ~ Harry Lumumba ~ Harry Taylor ~ Jarryn Geary (Zak Jones ~ Nathan Brown)

Decided against any rookies in my starting back line, going with 3 "premiums" a DPP in Lumumba, Taylor and Geary are both players I'd say are very good value.

MIDFIELDERS: Gary Ablett ~ Luke Parker ~ Adam Treloar ~ Will Langford ~ Nathan Van Berlo ~ Daniel Rich ~ Ben Newton ~ Nathan Freeman ( Patrick Cripps ~ Aaron Vandenberg)

Langford I'm hoping is a P.O.D midfielder but if he continues with his form shown in NAB 1 a lot more teams will get him in. Haven't touched the rest of my midfield.

RUCKS: Tom Bellchambers (DPP, RISKY BUT CHEAP, UNIQUE???) ~ Matthew Leuenberger (Rory Lobb ~ Jon Griffin)

TBell is a massive risk particularly without a pre season (I assume he is one of the Bombers sitting out?) but is a proven point scorer when given sole rucking responsibility. Straight swap out for a fit Kruezer.

FORWARDS: Dustin Martin ~ Brendon Goddard ~ Dane Swan ~ Michael Walters ~ Christian Salem ~ Mitch Clark (Jesse Hogan ~ Nathan Krakoer)

Haven't changed the forward line. Walters will be a player I watch closely during the NAB Challenge same as Salem. Both FWD's who have been trialled in the midfield and back line respectively. If there positional changes equate to higher averages these guys are CASH COWS.

Anyone else think I should downgrade one of Lumumba, Taylor or Geary for a premium ruck?

B: Simpson- Newnes- Geary- Ibbotson- Z.Jones- Hamling (Smedts, Dick)
Mid: Ablett- Barlow- Pendlebury- Treloar- Van Berlo- Anderson- Acres- Cripps ( Dumont, Vandenberg)
R: S.Jacobs- Leunberger ( Nankervis. McLaren)
FWD: D.Martin- Goddard- Gray- Swan- J.Kelly- Hogan ( Saad, Clark)

100 k remaining- advice appreciated: should I downgrade Kelly to someone like Karnezis and then upgrade Van Berlo?

I like a lot of your picks and think this is a very solid team. The only real problem I can see is 4 rookies in defence. The rookies are much better in the forwards than defenders this year. I'd trade D. Smith down to someone like Jack Martin, Karnezis, Hogan or Reid, then upgrade one of your cheap defenders to Brodie Smith. Ibbotson, Whitecross and Gilbert will be better picks than H. Goddard too.

I replaced D. Smith with Martin, Clurey with Ibboston (Jones now on bench) and Goddard with Whitecross

Not really sold on Doherty yet but I want a solid player in this position. A lot of people have Ibbo here and I think's a little risky. Think I should have enough coverage out of my last four forwards. Would love to hear your thoughts!

DEF: M. Hibberd, B. Smith, J. Newnes, S. Docherty, B. Whitecross, B. Smedts (Z. Jones, T. Clurey)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, B. Crouch, D. Rich, B. Newton, N. Freeman, P. Cripps (B. Arces, T. Dumont)
RUCK: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (J. Griffin, M. King)
FWD: D. Martin, B. Goddard, D. Swan, R. Gray, J. Hogan, C. Daniel (T. Membrey, M. Clarke)

Like the unique angle you've gone with some of your picks I.e. Ziebell, but I wouldn't have naitanui as first ruck.

Cheers mate, I don't really like Nic nat either but in struggling to find a decent ruck option that fits in my team

Jammy.png

* Set and forget defence, no rookies on the field. Will luxury upgrade late in the season when the rest of my team is set. Pretty confident all 6 can improve their averages to keeper, or close to.

* Expecting Crouch, Wines and Shiel to go 100+ avg. Spending $$ on Rich, Van Berlo and Newton to round out the midfield.

* Cheap rucks.

* Picked the top 3 forwards in Martin, Goddard and Swan. Lots of value in forward rookies compared to backs this year, so I've loaded up here.

I'll be looking to complete my midfield and forward lines first, before luxury upgrading my rucks and defence.

View attachment 113708

* Set and forget defence, no rookies on the field. Will luxury upgrade late in the season when the rest of my team is set. Pretty confident all 6 can improve their averages to keeper, or close to.

* Expecting Crouch, Wines and Shiel to go 100+ avg. Spending $$ on Rich, Van Berlo and Newton to round out the midfield.

* Cheap rucks.

* Picked the top 3 forwards in Martin, Goddard and Swan. Lots of value in forward rookies compared to backs this year, so I've loaded up here.

I'll be looking to complete my midfield and forward lines first, before luxury upgrading my rucks and defence.

I actually really like your team.

Great uniques in the midfield and good depth.

Rucks,same as me. I dont like it but in terms of cash they are a good pair to upgrade. I would love jacobs but money better spent elsewhere.

I have the same idea in the forwards to stock up on rookies. I reckon this will be where money is made this year.

Your set and forget defence i am not a fan of. It could be a game changing defence though. I reckon whitecross is a cheaper option then ibbo and will score better (I would select an n.brown or smedts over him to use the cash elsewhere). Your other mid pricers could be smart purchases as the backline is void of must haves. I am definitely going to be watching the nab cup for my defence.

I actually really like your team.

Great uniques in the midfield and good depth.

Rucks,same as me. I dont like it but in terms of cash they are a good pair to upgrade. I would love jacobs but money better spent elsewhere.

I have the same idea in the forwards to stock up on rookies. I reckon this will be where money is made this year.

Your set and forget defence i am not a fan of. It could be a game changing defence though. I reckon whitecross is a cheaper option then ibbo and will score better (I would select an n.brown or smedts over him to use the cash elsewhere). Your other mid pricers could be smart purchases as the backline is void of must haves. I am definitely going to be watching the nab cup for my defence.

Cheers for the feedback. I'm bullish on Ibbo after spending a bit of time lurking the Freo board, although guys in that price-range (Yeo, Whitecross etc.) could easily replace him before the start of the season. The structure will probably stay the same either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the feedback. I'm bullish on Ibbo after spending a bit of time lurking the Freo board, although guys in that price-range (Yeo, Whitecross etc.) could easily replace him before the start of the season. The structure will probably stay the same either way.

The defence is a real killer this year. So many maybe players like Henderson, the guys you mentioned,lumumba and no premos that make you think i want.

One extra thing,in defence you may need more caah for playing rookies.

Hamling looked good on the weekend but dick as a swans fan i cant seeing being an immediate best 22 player

Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 9.39.18 pm.png
First go at it i wanted to wait abit see whats going on first

Last edited:
The defence is a real killer this year. So many maybe players like Henderson, the guys you mentioned,lumumba and no premos that make you think i want.

One extra thing,in defence you may need more caah for playing rookies.

Hamling looked good on the weekend but dick as a swans fan i cant seeing being an immediate best 22 player

Had extra $$, upgraded Dick to Smedts. Good points.

current_team.png

Defenders:
The most changed position on my field. Newnes and Shaw are locks. Everyone else is really on NAB form. So hard to choose. I like Lumumba's dpp status though he could easily change to one of the players in the 300k range.

So apart from Newnes and shaw this defence could be totally different.

Midfielders:
Dont have a cow (could kill me with the captaincy) but it is a deep midfield. Maybe to expensive at the moment. There are players I want like O.Wines, Hanners, Shuey who I want to get in. Chances are one of my premo's will get downgraded.

Rucks:
I hate it but, meh. Nothing more to do in less you spend the cash on a Jacobs or think Nat will have a DT break out year. Could easily change.

Forwards:
Martin, Lids and titchell are locks for me. Turner could easily be downgraded to a garlett, salem, membrey to make more cash. THe rest of the players I am keeping barring NAB form.

Last edited:
Schmidt2003 very nice team. You've got some great premium picks that are durable, unique and reliable.

My only suggestion would be to consider downgrading 1-2 of Turner, JMartin, Langford and Greene, so that you don't have to have a rubbish defender on your field.
Curious as to why you consider Heath Shaw a lock? I haven't really considered him and don't know much about him.

Curious as to why you consider Heath Shaw a lock? I haven't really considered him and don't know much about him.

For a few reasons.

1. He will be a very unique pick
2. Last year he looked like he started enjoying footy again. With GWS getting better, I think he will have more opportunity to rebound out of defence.
3. He can go big for a defender
4. He is priced at 80, but if you take out the game where he was knocked out in the first quarter (An 18) he averaged 85
5. There are no defenders this year, at his price I think he is good value and I think he could produce a 90 average this year.

He is an interesting selection, but I am betting on him this year.

My only suggestion would be to consider downgrading 1-2 of Turner, JMartin, Langford and Greene

Yeah I reckon my team will change a bit before the season. I am really waiting to watch the NAB cup to see how players like salem, membrey, dumont, vanderberg, van berlo,..... go this pre-season.

Lot tougher than picking a Supercoach team at the moment.

Def: Simpson, Newnes, Higgins, Kolodjashnij, Whitecross, Goddard (Hamling, Edwards)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Dangerfield, Rich, Anderson, Heeney, Freeman (Lambert, Vandenberg)

Ruc: Naitanui, Leunberger (Griffin, Read)

Fwd: Goddard, Deledio, Swan, Martin, Salem, Hogan (Daniel, Clark)

Team 1
Defenders: K.Simpson - B.Smith - J.Newnes - B.Whitecross - H.Goddard - Z. Jones (M.Dick - T.Clurey)
Midfielders: Ablett - D.Beams - Kennedy - Treloar - Rich - Van Berlo - Freeman - Anderson (Cripps - Dumont)
Rucks: Minson - Leuenberger (Grffin - Holmes)
Forwards: Martin - Goddard - Swan - Gunston - Mitchell - Hogan (M.Clark - Lambert)
22k Left

Team 2
Def: K.Simpson - Hibberd - Newnes -Lumumba - H.Goddard -Z.Jones (Dick - Cluery)
Mid: Ablett - Beams - Treloar - Wines - Rich - Van Berlo - Newton - Freeman (Dumont - Cripps)
Ruck: Leuenberger - Bellchambers (Griffin - King)
Forward: Dusty - B.Goddard, Swan - D.Smith - T.Mitchell - Hogan (Lambert - Clark)
23k Left

Which team is better and what improvements could be made?

Hi all - Please give me feedback, any improvements:

Backs: J.McGovern, J.Webster, H.Goddard, J.Tippett, B.Waters, Z.Jones, (M.Dick, C.Adamson)
Mids: M.Barlow, B.Deledio, S.Pendlebury, S.Selwood, N.Fyfe, L.Hodge, T.Mitchell, N. Vanberlo (D.Rich, N.Krakeour)
Rucks: N.Natanui, M.Krezeur (S.Mclaren, J.Holmes)
Forwards: B.Goddard, C.Wingard, D.Swan, T.Boyd, T.Walker, (M.Clark, S.Grimley)

$242K left
Reckon back and forward line might need some adjusting

Thoughts on my Team?

DEF: B.Smith - Newnes - Shaw - Sheppard - Whitecross - Smedts (Z.Jones - Dick)
MID: Ablett - Beams - Treloar - Wines - Rich - Van Berlo - Newton - Anderson (Cripps - Dumont
RUCK: Mumford - Leuenberger
FWD: Martin - Goddard - Swan - T.Mitchell - J.Martin - Hogan (M.Clark - Lambert)

I still have 83K Left

Thoughts on my Team?

DEF: B.Smith - Newnes - Shaw - Sheppard - Whitecross - Smedts (Z.Jones - Dick)
MID: Ablett - Beams - Treloar - Wines - Rich - Van Berlo - Newton - Anderson (Cripps - Dumont
RUCK: Mumford - Leuenberger
FWD: Martin - Goddard - Swan - T.Mitchell - J.Martin - Hogan (M.Clark - Lambert)

I still have 83K Left

Forgot to Mention my back up rucks are Griffin and Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back