Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
I haven't organised a team for myself yet so I can't really comment, but there's a lot of injury prone players there. Malceski, Birchall, Waters, Whitecross for starters, Leuenberger, Kreuzer, Reid, Bellchambers as well. And, is Whitecross going to be back early this year, and will he slot straight into your best 22?
Malceski and Birchall haven't been had Injuries lately.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
AFL Fantasy 2015 team 1.png

My first AFL Fantasy team for season 2015. Thoughts?!?

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sure they are changing it from 2 rucks on the bench to one and making the midfield 3 on the bench instead of 2 so using fanplanner wont really help too much

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
2015 Fantasy Draft 1.png

Obviously we don't know what rookies will be playing round 1 so i've just saved some cash away for thos epositions and hopefully I can find a player of a similar value.

• M. Cox is a locked bottom price RUC/FWD for switching shennanigans if it's required. McKernan looks a great optins, especially with the DOns two year bann coming right round the corne, so you can switch between those two.
  • S. Colquhoun is an issue, right now he's on my field, if he doesn't play Round 1 he may have to be cut or slid to the bench.
  • P. Cripps I expect to play Round 1 and should play well enough to nab a spot on my field.
  • B. Whitecros, J. Martin, N. Van Berlo and M. Clark all have to be checked out during the pre season to esnure hey are best 22 worthy

1 Have 1.56mill left. Of that I'll need;

Mid Rookie; Sub 200k
Fwd(Titch?); Sub 450k
Mid Premium; 600k
Def Mid Price; Sub 300k

The defensive mid pricer will be the hardest to find, depending on what rookie come out I may be able to save cash on the bench and upgrade that to a 400k premium type or conversely if I have to spend extra money on the bench I may have to cut that defender down to a fully fledged rookie.
And I could also go for a Forward rookie instead of T. Mitchell and grab someone liek S. Selwood in the midfield - who looks quite nice at $459,000

Atlanta_Cats

All Australian
Dec 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta hawks, New Orleans saints
Pretty average at this stage but hey still 72 days to go...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421739026.267224.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
View attachment 104060

Obviously we don't know what rookies will be playing round 1 so i've just saved some cash away for thos epositions and hopefully I can find a player of a similar value.

• M. Cox is a locked bottom price RUC/FWD for switching shennanigans if it's required. McKernan looks a great optins, especially with the DOns two year bann coming right round the corne, so you can switch between those two.
  • S. Colquhoun is an issue, right now he's on my field, if he doesn't play Round 1 he may have to be cut or slid to the bench.
  • P. Cripps I expect to play Round 1 and should play well enough to nab a spot on my field.
  • B. Whitecros, J. Martin, N. Van Berlo and M. Clark all have to be checked out during the pre season to esnure hey are best 22 worthy

1 Have 1.56mill left. Of that I'll need;

Mid Rookie; Sub 200k
Fwd(Titch?); Sub 450k
Mid Premium; 600k
Def Mid Price; Sub 300k

The defensive mid pricer will be the hardest to find, depending on what rookie come out I may be able to save cash on the bench and upgrade that to a 400k premium type or conversely if I have to spend extra money on the bench I may have to cut that defender down to a fully fledged rookie.
And I could also go for a Forward rookie instead of T. Mitchell and grab someone liek S. Selwood in the midfield - who looks quite nice at $459,000
Dont pick players based on the dons ban would be my number 1 tip.

Also s.selwood is struggling lucky if hes right for round 1 last i heard.

I'll give you guys my first go, as it wont be my final team. (ps. I always choose a very high ratio of unique's in my team. It serves me well, very well and bigfooty wont stop me).I need more cash for the bench though, especially in defence.

Thoughts?

Untitled.png

ps. My man S.Gibson will get in there some how

Last edited:

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'll give you guys my first go, as it wont be my final team. (ps. I always choose a very high ratio of unique's in my team. It serves me well, very well and bigfooty wont stop me).I need more cash for the bench though, especially in defence.

Thoughts?

View attachment 104104

ps. My man S.Gibson will get in there some how
Nice team. Your four most expensive mids are a great combination and those unique choices have a lot of merit. Your only faults are ignoring the absolutely obvious selections imo. I'd swap Greene to Swan and pick Leuenberger instead of Garlett.

You've got Swans players on your bench- Newman and Nankervis. Are they just place fillers or have they shown something in pre-season? No Tom Mitchell in your side either??

Nice team. Your four most expensive mids are a great combination and those unique choices have a lot of merit. Your only faults are ignoring the absolutely obvious selections imo. I'd swap Greene to Swan and pick Leuenberger instead of Garlett.

You've got Swans players on your bench- Newman and Nankervis. Are they just place fillers or have they shown something in pre-season? No Tom Mitchell in your side either??

Leuenberger is a big NO from me. Martin was so good at the end of last year, and I dont think Leuenberger is DT relevant anymore. I will watch over pre-season though.

I am not sold on Swan, dont know if last year was a blotch or a decline.

Greene/Zorko are risky choices in the midfield. I am thinking about a def/mid but there scoring doesnt have the ceiling. There a plenty of mids I am looking at for those 2 spots. One will definitely be a Fwd/Mid!!!

Last year I though Mitchell wouldn't live up to the hype, I chose Parker instead and made the right call. Mitchell at his price is a risk. From our best 22 we only lost Malceski and there are a few players fighting for the position. Mitchell will be best 22 but until the NAB cup, his role and form I am not considering. If he does really well, most likely Greene out Mitchell in.

All rookies are placeholders, but the ruck, mid and defence benches are definitely placeholders. I am expecting Z.Jones to be one of the better rookie options in defence with malceski leaving. Defence and mids I just cant find good value in rookes.

Last edited:
View attachment 104124

Probably won't have as much money on the bench by the time the season rolls around.

Apart from a free hit, you need more cash on your pine. Like a bank, you need to be earning interest. not one of the no interest everyday accounts.

On the field:
T.Mitchell - Watch in preseason. I am a swans supporter, but with fantasy im not sold.
R.Griffen - Last year was a dissapointing year fantasy wise. Could have been due to uneasy-ness at the bulldogs. Could be a steal or a flop. I would prefer trelor in the GWS midfield (or green like in my previous post).

I am really not a fan of your defence.Simpsons/Smith I think there are better combinations out there for 2 premos and never heard of your D6.... (I would get rid of K.Simpson and use Smith as a unique, though I was thinking about Smith and wanted to see how he would go at the start of the season.)

Just my thoughts. Apart from that a really good team.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I am really not a fan of your defence.Simpsons/Smith I think there are better combinations out there for 2 premos and never heard of your D6.... (I would get rid of K.Simpson and use Smith as a unique, though I was thinking about Smith and wanted to see how he would go at the start of the season.)
Edwards is a former GWS kid, doesn't have ASADA hanging over his head, could be relevant.

Simpson will average 85+ and has a good bye round, looking at the backline right now you'd take that from anyone, even if you have to fork out 500k for it. Smith is more a SCer imo, Jaensch and Henderson imo are better value.

Anyone who will average 80+ I'd keep until your team is finished, 2 trades a week, 1st to finish their teams and build up a strong bench will go far in this competition.

cfx_1

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2010
New Farm
AFL Club
Collingwood
DT1.png

I am not sold obviously on any of the rookies until the pre-season. I also know that Clark is under an injury cloud. There is alot of value in the forward line. In previous years i haven't had good enough back lines so i am using 5 premiums (or people i believe will be next year).

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
View attachment 103987

My first AFL Fantasy team for season 2015. Thoughts?!?
Hey BigVic,

Defenders: I love the first two selections, Hibberd looks solid and just about every team should have him, Lumumba is interesting, he could be a massive success or a flop for you. I do feel that you are one 400k+ player short on the backline however. Henderson, Seedsman and Waters should be good but are all injury prone, watch there NAB cup games as we may see some others at similar prices score just as well. Goddard will play, just watch him in the NAB cup, same with your bench players.

Midfield: Your first 4 are great, im not sure about Libba, that 15 point drop in average with Griffen out of the team worries me slightly. Rich should be good and just about everyone has him, Freeman and Cripps look the goods and should make a fair bit of money for you. Bench rooks seem okay. '

Ruck: No comment needed. Stock standard and great value.

Forwards: I love your forward line! That is defently one of the best forward lines I have seen. Goddard and Swan will be solid as always, Titchell however, his role is unknown at the moment, some people are saying he is a major sub candidate. He is surely due to explode sometime soon! Jack Martin should be good this year. I think he could really push for a 80+ average if he is not given the vest. And I love Bonts and Kelly. Rooks are great and I love that you have Mitch Clark on your bench!!

Possible trades:
Goddard to Ibbo
Libba to Jack Steven/Lachie Neale

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
DT.JPG

Well theres my first attempt at a team, which is completely all over the place. Really just a complete rough draft of names I liked the look of until NAB cup starts. All I know is the defensive options this year are all completely up in the air, not sold on anyone except for maybe Hibberd and Seedsman.

Back