Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on my team?

B: Newnes - H.Shaw - Lumumba - Kolodjashnij - Bewick - Goodes (Oxley - Saad)
C: Rockliff - Pendlebury - Beams - Treloar - J.Steven - Newton - Anderson - Cripps (Amon - Vandenberg)
R: Goldstein - Leuenberger (Grffin - Nankervis)
F: Bartel - Martin - Gray - Lynch(Crows) - Honeychurch - Clark (Lambert - Bryne)

With 48K remaining
Bewick? As in Rowan Bewick?
Lynch I'd also ask on your thoughts?

No real mids besides your other four, have I been hopeful about. Unless you want to change him to Lambert, then replace Lambert with Honeychurch in Forward line? Also will give you a DPP swap option? I'm personally not sold on Rich, but that's each to their own.
sounds like a good idea, thanks for the advice, will tweak it around some more and see how it goes

Solid team overall, I'd probably re-consider Jed in my opinion. I just believe he'll see limited game time if named. I'm also a little skeptical on Scooters tagging role. But Dreamteam is risk and reward, if he doesn't tag this year you'll have a great POD.
I've gotta disagree a little bit with the risk side of things mate, If you do have someone who starts the season on fire everyone is just going to jump on him because of we all get two trades a week, they're not going to get the chance to get the massive price jump we used to get after round three as now price changes start from the first round. Realistically it's still going to take players a couple of good games to really lower the break even so you can just jump on a player when there break even reachers it's lowest point and you'll still make a lot of cash with out missing out on to much of an initial price jump.

If that player doesn't end up preforming you'll lose cash and nine times out of ten if you're like me you'll stick with them for a couple of extra games hoping they'll turn it around, normally they never do and by that stage they could have lost around 75k and then you've had to deal with there crap average affecting your scores everyweek aswell.

I originally had quite a more risky side all the way through the NAB Cup (especially when it came to mid pricers) but i thought to my self It's just not worth the risk. I'm going to play it safe and I may miss out on starting with someone who is does start really well and is a good price but as I said before I'll still be able to jump on them and whilst i may miss out on a bit of that initial cash I'll still be able to jump on them and ride them for the majority of their price rises. That's when most people will jump on them too so it's only those few people that do have them will get that extra twenty or so thousand over the rest of us anyways.

I think it's okay if your risks are players like K.Kolo or Bontempelli who everyone's jumping on because at least if they're s**t it will affect a lot of teams but I really don't see the worth of having POD's every team needs to a bit different but you can't over do it. I honestly say good on people who are different, I think it's really good to see but the people who do really well in this game every year have a team quite similar to the rest of. It all just comes down to the little things, having the right premos, right rookies, getting your captains rights, what weeks you have a rookie on the field and the bench right, when you pull the trigger on players, when you trade in players.

Your starting line up as strong and solid, you've got 30 players but you get 44 trades over the period of the season so I'm going to try and make my starting team a safe building block and then add those players that are playing really well.

Bewick? As in Rowan Bewick?
Lynch I'd also ask on your thoughts?

Yeah, Picked Bewick because he had a pretty good preseason and because of the unique pick. Picked lynch because he is capable of getting an evrage of 80-85 could be a bargain.

B Goodes elevation has convinced me to go even cheaper up back. I think him and Hunt are good to average low 80's, and Kolo (who everyone is jumping on) im backing to go at about 90. That would put anyone splashing cash on Simpson, Hibberd, Eski types down back at a huge disadvantage as they would need to average well over 100 to justify their prices compared to these other guys at lower prices.... which I dont see happening at all.

James LeBron i'm with Lynch too mate... good form, good price and Adelaide have a piss easy start.

2jfzj0h.jpg

The only other one down back i was considering is Gibson who will run free with Frawley and Lake in the side. But i don't really want to compromise anywhere else to get him. Thoughts? Any comments/ criticism appreciated.

Couple notes: I reckon Lewis currently at 8% ownership is about the best unique you can have. Mummy too... check out how he started last season before he got injured. Also reckon Sidey will eclipse Pendles this year.

B: Newnes, H.Shaw, Lumumba, Kolodjasniji, Goodes, Saad (Oakley, Dick)
C: Ablett, Lewis, Sidebottom, Parker, Neale, Rich, Cripps, Newton (Ellis- Yolman, Vandenberg)
R: Goldstein ,Bellchambers (Griffin, Holmes)
F: Martin, Gray, Swan, Mitchell, Salem, Clark (Krakeour, Lambert)

180k remaining

Thoughts?

Currently thinking to upgrade Saad to a mid-price defender, Rich to a solid mid or Mitchell to a gun Forward.

B: Newnes, Gibson, Lumumba, Kolodjasniji, Ibbotson, Goodes ( Saad, Hamling)
C: Ablett, Barlow, Pendlebury,Beams, Parker, Newton, Anderson, Cripps (Ellis- Yolman, Vandenberg)
R: Bellchambers, Leunberger (Nankervis, Holmes)
F: Bartel, Martin, Gray, Zorko, Salem, Clark ( Honeychurch, McCarthy)

39 k remaining

thoughts?

0/10 would not bang

I've tried to leave my sentimentality at the door and I've picked my team on exposed form.

B: Newnes, Gibson, Higgins, Lumumba, Geary, Goodes (McIntosh, Byrne)
M: Lewis, Sidebottom, Griffen, Neale, S.Selwood, Langford, Wallis, Sheridan (Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen)
R: Lobbe, Leuenberger (Griffin, Nankervis)
F: Martin, Gray, Dahlhaus, Bontempelli, Salem, Clark (McCarthy, Lambert)

No cash in the bank.

I'm surprised Wallis isn't in more teams in this thread. The dogs midfield has been gutted, surely he (and Bontempelli) have to spend the entire season on the ball. Seriously expecting both to average north of 90.

DEF Newnes, Shaw, Lumumba, Kolo, Goodes, Saad (McIntosh, Hamling)
MID Ablett, Lewis, Sidey. Beams, Parker, Anderson, Newton, Cripps (Vandeberg, Ellis-Yolmen)
RUC Goldstein, Leuenberger (Read, O’Brien)
FWD Bartel, Martin, Gray, Franklin, Salem, Clark (McCarthy, Lambert)
REMAINING SALARY $55,000

Pretty happy with my team. Thoughts?!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've tried to leave my sentimentality at the door and I've picked my team on exposed form.

M: Lewis, Sidebottom, Griffen, Neale, S.Selwood, Langford, Wallis, Sheridan (Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen)

No cash in the bank.

I'm surprised Wallis isn't in more teams in this thread. The dogs midfield has been gutted, surely he (and Bontempelli) have to spend the entire season on the ball. Seriously expecting both to average north of 90.

Good looking team.

Personally I think your midfield bats way to deep with the price. You should really be starting Cripps on the field.

Personally I dont like Sheridan for the same reasons I wouldn't choose Anderson or Heeney (players like newton, vandenberg, miller,... would be better picks). A full strength team you can not bank on them getting heaps of game time/the vest/getting selected.

I think I got a kickass team going on here.
No GAJ or Rocky with Ablett looking like he might not be ready for rd1 and Rocky being less than impressive in the NAB challenge. Both will be upgrade targets when they are fully fit and start pumping out big scores (and go down in price a bit which they most certainly will)

fantasy.png

A few things im not sure about are:

Clancy Pearce: Awkwardly priced but hopefully he keeps up his good form and makes me some chedda (plan to upgrade him early)
Lauchie Neale: Will he pick up where he left off last season? (has been good in NAB challenge tho)
Bellchambers: We will find out in a few days. Really hope he gets off coz I don't want Leuenberger in my squad
Dane Swan: Is he over the Hill? I guess even if he does do worse than last year he will still be a more than adequate F6 so he's a keeper!

No cash in the bank.

I like this team :).

Only issue i have is midfield is a bit risky, maybe downgrade sheridan to a rookie, start cripps and use extra cash to upgrade neale/scooter to someone like j.selwood/parker/barlow etc. I feel like you need another big premo in there.

Otherwise nice to see a different team for once :).

Hey guys. I'm new on here.
Would love to know some of your 2014 overall rankings?
It's greatly appreciated fellas and good luck in 2015.
Benjo

Benjo

Why would you care bout people you have never spoken to or know nothing about were ranked in 2014?
Anyways I came in around 4500 (cant remember exactly) but this year im gonna do a whole lot better.
s**t! I might even win the whole thing!!!

Last edited:
Thoughts on my Team?

B: Newnes - Gibson - Lumumba - Kolodjashnij - Pearce - Goodes (Oxley - Saad)
C: Lewis - Sidebottom - Beams - Parker - J.Steven - Neale - Newton - Cripps (Ellis-Yolmen - Acres)
R: Goldstein - Leuenberger (Griffin - Holmes)
F: Bartel - Martin - Gray - Salem - Honeychurch - Clark (Lambert - Bryne)

82k Left
No Ablett or Rocky but, im happy with my team
Would love to have some feedback as well

Why would you care bout people you have never spoken to or know nothing about were ranked in 2014?

Benjo

I think it is a fair question. Why take advice from the person that finished last in AFL fantasy??? Look at the thread http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-bigfooty-afl-fantasy-leagues-signup.1085818/

to sign up everyone gives their rank

Here's my current team:

DEF: L. Hodge, J. Newnes, S. Wright, R. Henderson, B. Whitecross, Z. Jones (T. Smith, J. Koladjashnij)
MID: G. Ablett [CAPTAIN], S. Pendlebury [VICE], D. Beams, N. Fyfe, R. Griffen, N. van Berlo, D. Rich, P. Cripps
(C. Ellis-Yolmen, A. Vandenberg)
RUC: T. Bellchambers, M. Luenberger (T. Nankervis, M. King)
FWD: J. Bartel, D. Martin, D, Swan, S. Higgins, M. Bontempelli, J. Hogan (M. Clark, F. McInnes)

Would love some feedback on this team.

DEF: Kelly, Newnes, Higgins, Lumumba, T Hunt, Saad (Goodes, Hamling)
MID: Pendlebury, Lewis, Sidebottom, Beams, Selwood, Cripps, Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen (Newton, Vandenberg)
RUCK: Mumford, Leuenberger (Phillips, Holmes)
FWD: Swan, Gray, Martin, Salem, Clark, Lambert (Hogan, McCarthy)

$50,000 remaining.

I have deliberately steered clear of the premium defenders as I personally feel the backline is a bit of a disaster zone and I don't think it's worth the initial investment to bring in a Hodge, Simpson or Malceski.

As tempting as it was to look at a Rockliff or GAJ in the midfield, once again I just can't justify that sort of initial investment. Yes it could come back to bite me, but I can only see them losing value to start the season off, at which point I'll look to pounce on them. Still have plenty of fire power here with 5 premiums and then a few 'rookies' to compliment them.

Mumford looks primed for a big year but I was (and still am) tempted to replace him with Goldstein. Goldy for mine is safe as houses and would free up another 30k or so to play with. Happy to take the risk with Leuenberger who looks fit and underpriced in comparison to what he could produce.

I might be one premium short in the forward line but there's still quality there with Swan, Martin & Gray. Salem has looked very good in a new role and the others look likely to play early and possibly give a few price rises early on in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back