Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Not seeing too many teams with Rockliff in there. I know he is super expensive but surely he is a must have and probably the new Ablett of the comp

Not seeing too many teams with Rockliff in there. I know he is super expensive but surely he is a must have and probably the new Ablett of the comp
Guarentee he'll drop 100 grand within the first 8 rounds. Not because he wont be a beast but the magic number will go up bringing his price down.

It happens every year with Ablett and Swan before hand.

Rocky will be the first upgrade locked in for sure

Very basic team so far, not giving me much money to work with either but this is my first team

BACKS: Kade Simpson ~ Shaun Burgoyne ~ Brodie Smith ~ Alex Rance ~ Jarryn Geary ~ Jed Bews. RES: Zak Jones ~ Joel Tippett

MIDS: Gary Ablett (C) ~ Luke Parker ~ Tom Liberatore ~ Daniel Wells ~ Mitch Hallahan ~ Nathan Van Berlo ~ Daniel Rich ~ Nathan Freeman RES: Patrick Cripps ~ Aaron Vandenberg

RUCKS: Sam Jacobs ~ Matthew Kruezer RES: Brodie Grundy ~ Jon Griffin

FWDS:
Nick Riewoldt ~ Tom Lynch (GCS) ~ Taylor Walker ~ Michael Walters ~ Christian Salem ~ Mitch Clark RES: Jesse Hogan ~ Brandon Jack

CIB: $50,000

Best thing is my starting team are all likely to be considered as first 22 regulars at there club. I'd appreciate any input on my team. Good, bad or indifferent.

Very basic team so far, not giving me much money to work with either but this is my first team

BACKS: Kade Simpson ~ Shaun Burgoyne ~ Brodie Smith ~ Alex Rance ~ Jarryn Geary ~ Jed Bews. RES: Zak Jones ~ Joel Tippett

MIDS: Gary Ablett (C) ~ Luke Parker ~ Tom Liberatore ~ Daniel Wells ~ Mitch Hallahan ~ Nathan Van Berlo ~ Daniel Rich ~ Nathan Freeman RES: Patrick Cripps ~ Aaron Vandenberg

RUCKS: Sam Jacobs ~ Matthew Kruezer RES: Brodie Grundy ~ Jon Griffin

FWDS:
Nick Riewoldt ~ Tom Lynch (GCS) ~ Taylor Walker ~ Michael Walters ~ Christian Salem ~ Mitch Clark RES: Jesse Hogan ~ Brandon Jack

CIB: $50,000

Best thing is my starting team are all likely to be considered as first 22 regulars at there club. I'd appreciate any input on my team. Good, bad or indifferent.
Alright. Hey mate, I'll have a dig.

Backs:
First 3 are okay, I would prefer Newnes over Burgoyne but it is your preference. Burgoyne could be a good unique. In my opinion Rance is a big no no, Priced at 397k there are sooooo many better options! I would trade him too one of Waters or Seedsman. Geary looks good an not too many have him. Now, Jed Bews had his chance as a cash cow last year, time to move on. Consider Hugh Goddard or Shaun Edwards as they are cheaper and SHOULD play, watch them in the NAB cup.

Mids:
Ablett is great. I really like Parker. Very unique now that he has lost his DPP status. I am not sure on Libba to be honest.. I would trade him too Adam Treloar, Toby Greene or JPK if you want someone unique. Would like too know your reasons behind the Wells and Hallahan selections. I don't think Hallahan will improve dramatically this year. Maybe next. Watch his NAB cup form then check, but in the mean time I would go Wells to Ben Newton and Hallahan to Jack Steven or Lachie Neale. The rest are pretty good.

Rucks: I like how you have Jacobs, but with so much Value in Leuey are you sure you want to pay the 180k for the extra 10-20 points a round? Ask that too yourself. And Grundy sitting on the pine? Downgrade him too Nankervis or even McKernan because 340k sitting on the pine is a little to much. If I was you I would do Jacobs to Leuey and Grundy to Mckernan... Saves about 340k

Forwards: This is where you need to use the money. I would trade Riewoldt out and grab Goddard. Then trade Walker and Lynch for Deledio/Swan and Martin. I like the rest of your forwards however.

With them trades your team would look like:
D: Simpson, Newnes, Smith, Waters/Seedsman, Geary, Goddard/Edwards (Jones, Tippett)
M: Ablett. Parker, Treloar/Greene/JPK, Steven/Neale, Van Berlo, Rich, Newton, Freeman (Cripps, Vandenberg)
R: Leuey, Kruezer (Griffen, Mckenernan)
F: Goddard, Martin, Swan, Walters, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Jack)

Here's my first team :) What do you guys reckon?

Attachments

• fantasy.png
    fantasy.png
    104 KB · Views: 8

Not bad. Can see similarities to my own team in that. I'm a little worried about the ruck depth but. I'd be more inclined to pick Grififn if I knew he would be in line to get regular games over Clarke/ Sandilands which is why I've gone McKernan and Rory Lobb.

How much cash did you have left?

Alright. Hey mate, I'll have a dig.

Backs:
First 3 are okay, I would prefer Newnes over Burgoyne but it is your preference. Burgoyne could be a good unique. In my opinion Rance is a big no no, Priced at 397k there are sooooo many better options! I would trade him too one of Waters or Seedsman. Geary looks good an not too many have him. Now, Jed Bews had his chance as a cash cow last year, time to move on. Consider Hugh Goddard or Shaun Edwards as they are cheaper and SHOULD play, watch them in the NAB cup.

Mids:
Ablett is great. I really like Parker. Very unique now that he has lost his DPP status. I am not sure on Libba to be honest.. I would trade him too Adam Treloar, Toby Greene or JPK if you want someone unique. Would like too know your reasons behind the Wells and Hallahan selections. I don't think Hallahan will improve dramatically this year. Maybe next. Watch his NAB cup form then check, but in the mean time I would go Wells to Ben Newton and Hallahan to Jack Steven or Lachie Neale. The rest are pretty good.

Rucks: I like how you have Jacobs, but with so much Value in Leuey are you sure you want to pay the 180k for the extra 10-20 points a round? Ask that too yourself. And Grundy sitting on the pine? Downgrade him too Nankervis or even McKernan because 340k sitting on the pine is a little to much. If I was you I would do Jacobs to Leuey and Grundy to Mckernan... Saves about 340k

Forwards: This is where you need to use the money. I would trade Riewoldt out and grab Goddard. Then trade Walker and Lynch for Deledio/Swan and Martin. I like the rest of your forwards however.

With them trades your team would look like:
D: Simpson, Newnes, Smith, Waters/Seedsman, Geary, Goddard/Edwards (Jones, Tippett)
M: Ablett. Parker, Treloar/Greene/JPK, Steven/Neale, Van Berlo, Rich, Newton, Freeman (Cripps, Vandenberg)
R: Leuey, Kruezer (Griffen, Mckenernan)
F: Goddard, Martin, Swan, Walters, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Jack)

Thanks for the feedback Fitz. Have certainly taken on board and adjusted the team. Found it hard to keep Jon Griffin as a 4th ruck but. If he was assured to get a regular game over Sandilands/Clarke I'd be all over him but for now I've gone with Rory Lobb and McKernan. Think I might need to move out a premium forward to get a more reliable ruck duo. There Cash Cows but The Berger and Kruezer are both coming off injury affected years and anything could happen.

Hey mate, Nice team overall. If I could pick out a problem it would be Kade Kolod. I am not sure how he will go this year really, witch Malcheski. He will play but what role?

Watch his NAB cup. Watch Seedsman and R.Henderson in the NAB aswell. I really like both of them.

Not bad. Can see similarities to my own team in that. I'm a little worried about the ruck depth but. I'd be more inclined to pick Grififn if I knew he would be in line to get regular games over Clarke/ Sandilands which is why I've gone McKernan and Rory Lobb.

I like Lobb mate. Good job. If you want to do that I would downgrade one of Swanny, Goddard or Martin to J.Martin, then McKernan or Lobb to Nankervis. Then Leuey to a premo. I really like Nic Nat. Consider him without Cox. Could get you very nice points.

Def: Hibberd,B. Smith, Newnes, Mayes, Waters, Rohan, (Jones, Barass)
Mids: Gablett, Treloar, Liberatore, Wines, Adams, Toumpas, Rich, Freeman (Dick, Jansen)
Rucks: Kreuzer, Luey (Griffin, Cox)
Forwards: Swan, Titch, Lids, Bontempelli, Martin, Hogan (Membrey, Krakour)

cash left: $117,000

Gone deeper in back due to lack of options
Mids are a mix of young premo and break out
Rucks not set on, may upgrade one of them to NicNat
Forwards are probably weakest area but a fair bit of upside in Bonts, Martin and to some extent Titch.

Asides from 'risky' any feedback?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mids: Gablett, Treloar, Liberatore, Wines, Adams, Toumpas, Rich, Freeman (Dick, Jansen)

Forwards are probably weakest area but a fair bit of upside in Bonts, Martin and to some extent Titch.

Looks good IMO. I have Mayes right now as well, you thinking he's likely to get some midfield time? Might be a tough midfield to crack but he seems to be a quality player.

Looks good IMO. I have Mayes right now as well, you thinking he's likely to get some midfield time? Might be a tough midfield to crack but he seems to be a quality player.

See him on the wings, deadly disposal. Too good not to take the other wing opposite rich regardless of comp.

May end up downgrading Rohan, Toumpas and Martin closer to round one when rookies become obvious and upgrade on of luey/kreuzer , Bonts and Adams.

Hey buddy.
I love your backline, Apart from Rohan. I would downgrade him too Hugh Goddard or Edwards.
Same with Toumpas mate, Downgrade to Newton I reckon.
Then if you would like, upgrade one of your rucks to NicNat. I think NicNat will be great this year.
Forward line is great mate.

Overall solid team mate. Good job :)

Nice team.

The backline is hard to fault.
Midfield is great but no Ablett is going to hurt, Watch your rookies in NAB
Rucks are standard.
Love the forward line except for Christenson. I would trade him down to J.Martin and upgrade Whitecross to Seedsman if I were you.

Otherwise great solid team

Nice team.

The backline is hard to fault.
Midfield is great but no Ablett is going to hurt, Watch your rookies in NAB
Rucks are standard.
Love the forward line except for Christenson. I would trade him down to J.Martin and upgrade Whitecross to Seedsman if I were you.

Otherwise great solid team
I only 15k in the bank and I am reluctant to downgrade any mids, so Ablett is probably unattainable ATM. I am also a bit hesitant towards Christensen. I might downgrade him to J.Kelly and upgrade someone to Gaz.

Guarentee he'll drop 100 grand within the first 8 rounds. Not because he wont be a beast but the magic number will go up bringing his price down.

It happens every year with Ablett and Swan before hand.

Rocky will be the first upgrade locked in for sure
He may well drop in the first 8 rounds but by then you would have missed out on a swag of points and be well behind most that will have him. Name of the game is to score points and theres reasons why Ablett and Rocky are so expensive

19,000 mate
Hey mate, Nice team overall. If I could pick out a problem it would be Kade Kolod. I am not sure how he will go this year really, witch Malcheski. He will play but what role?

Watch his NAB cup. Watch Seedsman and R.Henderson in the NAB aswell. I really like both of them.
I'm hoping Malceski and Kolo will play a similar pairing to Hibberd and Hooker. A few chips across the backline at the end of quarters :p
Cheers mate, will definitely keep an eye on them.
Love the Neale selection. I've got him in at the moment as well, really racked up the touches at the back end of last year from memory.
Yep, he really finished strong last year and set himself up for a big season this year. Very excited to watch him develop.

Here is my team so far. Still a few question marks over certain players. Not really convinced with Talia/Boyd at the moment.

Also questioning the ruck. I know there is a lot of value there but I keep thinking about injuries. So not sure if I will stick to this. Would like to hear some thoughts anyway.
upload_2015-1-23_10-19-30.png

Here is my team so far. Still a few question marks over certain players. Not really convinced with Talia/Boyd at the moment.

Also questioning the ruck. I know there is a lot of value there but I keep thinking about injuries. So not sure if I will stick to this. Would like to hear some thoughts anyway.
View attachment 104607
Hey buddy,
I think you have one too many ubber preomo's in the defence. If I were you I would trade Malcheski to Newnes or Brodie Smith. I would also say no to Talia and slightly downgrade to Hugh Goddard or S.Edwards.
If I were you I would trade Shiel and Fyfe to Greene/Treloar and Wines/Crouch. I really like Wines and think he can score well this year. Fyfe is more of a Supercoacher and not as relevant in DT. Kane Mitchell could be good but is used as sub far too often for my liking. Sideway trade him to Bontempelli.
Rucks look okay. Am liking the look of NicNat more and more every day. consider him.
Your forward line is great except for Boyd. Trade him to Hogan or Membrey. And Lennon to Marksworth.

If you wanted NicNat or someone around the price range you could do: K.Mitchell to Van Berlo, McKernan to Nankervis and Vlastuin to Henderson :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back