Game Day 2015 Replacement Games

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-11-20/replacement-games-confirmed

The AFL has confirmed the three replacement games North Melbourne members will have access to in 2015, in lieu of the club's home matches in Hobart.

A Friday night blockbuster against Essendon is up first in Round 7 at Etihad Stadium.

In Round 19, members will have the opportunity to visit the home of football, the MCG, as the Kangaroos take on the Demons.

Rounding out the year, the Round 23 fixture against Richmond will be the final replacement game.

Replacement games

Round 7
Essendon v North Melbourne
Friday May 15, 2015

Round 19
Melbourne v North Melbourne
Sunday August 9, 2015

Round 23
Richmond v North Melbourne
Date and time TBC

JD-Roo

Premiership Player
May 31, 2007
Kilmore-East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If I'm not mistaken, the same will happen on our return home game later in the season.

Regardless of who's home game it is, I think EVERY Bombers game at Docklands is fully ticketed. Happy to be proven wrong.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
If I'm not mistaken, the same will happen on our return home game later in the season.

Regardless of who's home game it is, I think EVERY Bombers game at Docklands is fully ticketed. Happy to be proven wrong.

Bombers home games I'd suggest.

For those of us who buy home and away memberships, these replacement games means FA. But to include Essendon in there, is laughable, as a reserve seat will still need to be purchased.

Speaking of "away" games - does anyone know how to order interstate tickets for the family and at what point? I have booked my Gold Coast trip for July for that purpose, and want to make sure I can sit in a North area.

hottieburger

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Richmond are in contention for finals expect to have to purchase a ticket to this game at Eithad as well.

motlopfan

All Australian
May 18, 2003
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Archer's Legend Home Game Memberships are $465 for 2015 season , increase of $10 for one less reserved seat.
Concession memberships have increased by $20 to $365.

The "Make up" games should have a special area set aside for North Members to be fully "make Up" games.

My family will NOT be contributing to the Debt Reduction this year, but will use this money to purchase the reserved seats for these games.
The revenue for the extra Tassie game can cover our contributions.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Archer's Legend Home Game Memberships are $465 for 2015 season , increase of $10 for one less reserved seat.
Concession memberships have increased by $20 to $365..
I'm also pissed off by the fact that I pay more for a Schimma Family membership with more than two children. I'll be spending less on memberships next season because of it as I normally buy an additional adult seat.

Even if I have loyalty to the club spending cash on memberships is discretionary spending - I'll just spend less.

AFL is taking the piss. Hope people write to the club to tell them that they're pissed off about this.
And this is in a season when they are supposedly paying extra attention to the cost of going to the football...

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have 5 away games in Melbourne next year, with Carlton and Collingwood being the other 2. Flip a coin folks.

Round 7 against Essendon.

Will HAVE TO buy a ticket/seat.

GAGF.

The Essendon one is BS. By definition you can't have a "replacement game" when there is no GA available. I'm getting tempted to put any potential Bombers away game in the future into my Geelong basket. ie. Stuff them, I'm not going to pay $50 extra to line the pockets of a club that doesn't need my money... I'd rather buy an ambassador membership - and this is coming from a member that hasn't missed a game in Melbourne (home or away) since 2003.

IschenkoUBeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This part pissed me off the most:

n Round 19, members will have the opportunity to visit the home of football, the MCG, as the Kangaroos take on the Demons.

We used to get that "opportunity" every week just about....

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
I was going to say why have memberships gone up when VIC members get 1 less game. These replacement games are the only downfall to membership, if you pay prime $ to seat on level 1 and 2, we should be awarded those seats but on the opposite side of Etihad. For example I will be sitting in aisle 26 level 1 in 2015, when a replacement game rolls around, me and those in the same aisle should be moved to aisle 3 or whatever is the equivalent to aisle 26. The * game we have to pay x amount more when we already have. I wonder what the Hawks' replacement scheme is like, they probably get prime seats at no extra cost

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This is bs if true so that means my 11 home game membership means f.a against * home and away and due to fully ticketed again! So i thought Gillan was going to fix all this when he wrote to all us members... Ill choose not to go to f.t matches just to make a point.. As i hope we all have complained to north already in members questionner this yr.. Not Happy

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
This part pissed me off the most:

n Round 19, members will have the opportunity to visit the home of football, the MCG, as the Kangaroos take on the Demons.

We used to get that "opportunity" every week just about....

So where is the MCG ?? East Melbourne, wow. Am I meant to feel privileged that we get to visit the MCG- the home of football. How patronising.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Essendon one is BS. By definition you can't have a "replacement game" when there is no GA available. I'm getting tempted to put any potential Bombers away game in the future into my Geelong basket. ie. Stuff them, I'm not going to pay $50 extra to line the pockets of a club that doesn't need my money... I'd rather buy an ambassador membership - and this is coming from a member that hasn't missed a game in Melbourne (home or away) since 2003.
I've been down to Geelong once, and at most one Essendon home game since they moved to the Docklands. They can GAGF. I used to go to every game in Melbourne but don't bother anymore - particularly for that reason.

robaba

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So I am going to cancel my troo roo bullsht. I paid for reserved seats but now I have to pay more for seats I thought I already paid for? No more money from me folks.
Afl can gagf. Can someone from membership dept clear this up? Tassi can gagf.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
What did people expect with make up games next year as a matter of interest??

Back