Game Day 2015 Replacement Games

Remove this Banner Ad

What did people expect with make up games next year as a matter of interest??

I expect to be given a seat the equivalent to what I pay for. Since we have moved games away from
Melbourne, Schimma memberships have risen in price for less access to my reserved seat. I am now paying $550 for a seat I had access to for 11 games, then nine and now down to eight. The replacement games allow me the pleasure of paying to reserve a seat that I have already ******* paid for.

Yeah we are expecting to be able to use our home game membership for these games and not having to book a seat that we have already paid for! What a Genius way to lose supporters AFL like last year... Andrew Demetriou started this,his an embarresment to Gr**ks

Yeah we are expecting to be able to use our home game membership for these games and not having to book a seat that we have already paid for! What a Genius way to lose supporters AFL like last year... Andrew Demetriou started this,his an embarresment to Gr**ks
I expect to be given a seat the equivalent to what I pay for. Since we have moved games away from
Melbourne, Schimma memberships have risen in price for less access to my reserved seat. I am now paying $550 for a seat I had access to for 11 games, then nine and now down to eight. The replacement games allow me the pleasure of paying to reserve a seat that I have already ******* paid for.

Yeah I get what you guys are saying, I really do.... However it is not breaking news that we are playing 3 games in Hobart next year. Also we understand that replacement games are the clubs (and leagues) way of mitigating the fact that we lose access to games. The AFL's "schedule" (refuse to call it a draw, because it is anything but) has been out for weeks now. Which replacement games were you expecting??
Also knowing that we would be playing at least 2, and as I've stated before, it has been pretty well known it would be 3 next year..... Why are you going nuts now???
I for one am stoked that the replacement game is against the cheats, lets get to that game, stand, sit, stay in the bar I don't care, and smash the s**t out of these bastards!!! I get that we won't be sitting in our regular seating, I understand the cost of our memberships hurts, hell I struggle to justify paying for three memberships, paying rent on my own, bills on my own, school fees on my own, but as a full time single father I feel proud as I ever have when I go see my team play with my kids with my NMFC friends by my side. This club meant the world to me as a child, and I want us to dominate this competition again, and from that domination create a legacy of sustained support and success on and off the field! Do we need Tasmania to do that?? Yeah I think we do!
I often talk on here about the NFL, and I was looking through some pics of a trip I went on some years ago. When i had no kids, and a whole lot more money.I attended a San Diego Chargers v Philadelphia Eagles game in San Diego. Even though it was a Chargers home game, even though it was on the other side of the country, Philly far outweighed the Chargers in crowd support, there was Green everywhere, and it felt good!!!
Would love for this to happen at an away game for us one day!

Point taken yeah after reading that i feel Guilty!! I mite change my mind now and turn up and stand Right behind the * cheersquad and be REALLY LOUD

Yeah I get what you guys are saying, I really do.... However it is not breaking news that we are playing 3 games in Hobart next year. Also we understand that replacement games are the clubs (and leagues) way of mitigating the fact that we lose access to games. The AFL's "schedule" (refuse to call it a draw, because it is anything but) has been out for weeks now. Which replacement games were you expecting??
Also knowing that we would be playing at least 2, and as I've stated before, it has been pretty well known it would be 3 next year..... Why are you going nuts now???
I for one am stoked that the replacement game is against the cheats, lets get to that game, stand, sit, stay in the bar I don't care, and smash the s**t out of these bastards!!! I get that we won't be sitting in our regular seating, I understand the cost of our memberships hurts, hell I struggle to justify paying for three memberships, paying rent on my own, bills on my own, school fees on my own, but as a full time single father I feel proud as I ever have when I go see my team play with my kids with my NMFC friends by my side. This club meant the world to me as a child, and I want us to dominate this competition again, and from that domination create a legacy of sustained support and success on and off the field! Do we need Tasmania to do that?? Yeah I think we do!
I often talk on here about the NFL, and I was looking through some pics of a trip I went on some years ago. When i had no kids, and a whole lot more money.I attended a San Diego Chargers v Philadelphia Eagles game in San Diego. Even though it was a Chargers home game, even though it was on the other side of the country, Philly far outweighed the Chargers in crowd support, there was Green everywhere, and it felt good!!!
I call bullshit! All an elaborate ruse to cover up the fact you're an opposition scout. That's who the hell you are.

The reality is that standing room doesn't officially exist at Essendon games. You are required to book a seat to enter the ground.

This is absolute bullshit.

I have no issue with having replacement games vs bigger drawing Melbourne clubs however what I cannot abide is the fact that what the AFL are doing is padding out games at Etihad.

F*** that. Both the game vs the *scum and the game vs the tiggers should be at the G.

If both teams actually kick on then the game vs Tiggers could pull what 65-70 maybe more if we are both looking for finals.

TO not hold these games at the G is a laugh. In fact if they did hold them at the G there is the possibility that the Melbourne members may get something in the freakin vacinity of a decent replacement game. At the G we could actually have sections allocated rather than the bullshit fit in where you fit in that it is going to be at Etihad.

Look at the stupidity of what is occuring.

North vs *scum in their last game played an elimination final and there were 78,000 people there. Where is the replacement game vs this club being held? Etihad of course with a limitation of 55000

North vs Tiggers the last time we played them was our home game and we got 45 to it. It will be a sell out if it looks like we are both making finals. Where is this potential blockbuster played? Etihad.

then we have North vs Melbourne who when you combine the last 2 times we have played you end up with a total crowd figure of 43,000. And where is this goliath of a game that you could fit into Etihad twice scheduled for??? The MCG.

It is not often that I do not go to games that I can attend. We need to start having better replacements or I will vote with my feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you Turkeys are happy playing home games in Tasmania. Well there yah go. :stern look

I'm happy we're playing home games in Tassie, I just don't think they should be gouging members in Melbourne. I'm paying more this year for my reserved seat and getting one less game to park my bum on it.

Seems unfair to me. I'll pay it, but seems unfair :(

Bringing back the magoos and a kick-to-kick after the game would be big ticks in my book.

I think the way the VFA has disintegrated into a VFL quasi-reserves competition that it's not going to be a huge jump to do. Though it may be problematic for curtain-raisers for Friday night matches.

Won't work.

Etihad will not stand up to the traffic of games.

This is absolute bullshit.

I have no issue with having replacement games vs bigger drawing Melbourne clubs however what I cannot abide is the fact that what the AFL are doing is padding out games at Etihad.

F*** that. Both the game vs the *scum and the game vs the tiggers should be at the G.

If both teams actually kick on then the game vs Tiggers could pull what 65-70 maybe more if we are both looking for finals.

TO not hold these games at the G is a laugh. In fact if they did hold them at the G there is the possibility that the Melbourne members may get something in the freakin vacinity of a decent replacement game. At the G we could actually have sections allocated rather than the bullshit fit in where you fit in that it is going to be at Etihad.

Look at the stupidity of what is occuring.

North vs *scum in their last game played an elimination final and there were 78,000 people there. Where is the replacement game vs this club being held? Etihad of course with a limitation of 55000

North vs Tiggers the last time we played them was our home game and we got 45 to it. It will be a sell out if it looks like we are both making finals. Where is this potential blockbuster played? Etihad.

then we have North vs Melbourne who when you combine the last 2 times we have played you end up with a total crowd figure of 43,000. And where is this goliath of a game that you could fit into Etihad twice scheduled for??? The MCG.

It is not often that I do not go to games that I can attend. We need to start having better replacements or I will vote with my feet.
Shut up and attend the games!

Shut up and attend the games!

I do and have in the past.

I am paying more and getting less.

I honestly feel that we are weak negotiators and that when the time comes we are going to be looking down the barrel of co-location in Hobart because we don't have the influence in the meeting rooms we need to stop it.

Of course, by Rd 7 the * fans might have gotten a bit sick of their team of bits and pieces players from suburban leagues losing by 150 points every week, so there may well be plenty of seating. Just not a blockbuster.

They should be granted zero concessions if they have players suspended.

If we have a player suspended we are not able to recruit someone to back fill them, an ability to do that should not be granted to them.

If that means forfeiting matches then so be it.

They should be granted zero concessions if they have players suspended.

If we have a player suspended we are not able to recruit someone to back fill them, an ability to do that should not be granted to them.

If that means forfeiting matches then so be it.

They should just field a team of all available. If that is 13 senior listed players and 4 rookies so be it.

Exactly this. Replacement games are useless to me. I pay for a reserved level 2 seat because that is where I want to watch football from. So how does the Club assume I'll be happy with a GA replacement seat. So once again I'll fork out more cash for our extra away game. Then on the flip side we try to sell the whole 'come down to Tassie' s**t. Ok then, I'll take days off work, pay for flights, pay for tickets, pay for food and accommodation. We have become a very expensive team to follow. This is why I hate the Tassie games, look after your members North, it won't turn a die hard like me away but I think it might for others.

Firstly, be able to attend without forking out an extra $45 for something we have already paid for to sit in the nosebleed section Vs *Essendon, secondly, there is a large possibility the rd.23 game Vs Richmomd is the same as the *Essendon replacement ame.

Last edited:
Of course, by Rd 7 the * fans might have gotten a bit sick of a team of bits and pieces players from suburban leagues losing by 150 points every week, so there may well be plenty of seating. Just not a blockbuster.
*Essendon, when they host home games at Etihad, no matter who they play, you have to fork out a premium to attend if your team is the away team.

I am paying more and getting less.
While I have no problem with the Hobart games, I completely understand your frustration and angst guys.

If the club can't provide the same service for the replacement games, then there should be an equivalent discounting of prices to reflect that OR, at the very least, you should not have to pay for reserve seating. I do notice, however, that the AFL has noted "Simplifying ticketing is a priority for the League and Auld said the AFL had already spoken to supporters about scrapping reserved seat games for 2015 – other than on Anzac Day." While this may mean no fee, at the same time, it may mean no reserved seating (?!). For replacement games you should still have seats reserved if your membership package includes reserved seating.

OF, my comment was a not-so-oblique reference to Walsh's comment which, back in the day implied that anyone who dared to suggest they might 'vote with their feet' (not buy a membership) if they had a problem with the membership packages should 'shut up and buy a membership'. The flawed logic being that only members can complain about membership packages - not the ones who might contemplate not buying one because they didn't represent value for money. Same deal here. Those who regard it as a heresy to not attend, however, can haughtily suggest you "Shut up and attend games", even if that represents a reduction in value for money and even, I might suggest, a broken promise on the part of the club.

Question is who chose Essendon, the club or the AFL? Having both north and essendon members have access to the game should have moved the game to the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back