Game Day 2015 Replacement Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy we're playing home games in Tassie, I just don't think they should be gouging members in Melbourne. I'm paying more this year for my reserved seat and getting one less game to park my bum on it.

Seems unfair to me. I'll pay it, but seems unfair :(
Of course it is unfair but a certain Wonder Woman at our club is taking the NMFC Melbourne Membership for granted. Like I've said before, it aint very fair. :stern look

Der.

This is a good thing.

Why do you reckon the AFL want to guarantee a packed Friday night for the Bombers?

The Essendon vs North Match is no longer ticketed so it should be interesting to hear the Essendon supporters winge about that.....
Is that correct? So the game wont be fully ticketed as we all blieved

I do and have in the past.

I am paying more and getting less.

I honestly feel that we are weak negotiators and that when the time comes we are going to be looking down the barrel of co-location in Hobart because we don't have the influence in the meeting rooms we need to stop it.

I agree. It seems like we are at the whim of the AFL with no power to determine our own fate. Its frustrating, we just bend over and cop it.

No more reserved seat memberships for me. If playing in Tassie solves all our problems,
I might just forget about membership and buy tickets to the odd game. So, is this the clubs idea of rewarding Melbourne based supporters?

When will the club give back to the members who have paid for reserved seating & home/away memberships? Free entry into these replacement games mean nothing to those members.

The AFL needs to step in and allocate 10% of the stadium to the away club. At which point the away club may sell these seats as part of premium memberships.

It's annoyingly easy to fix yet no one does anything about it.

I want to sit with North supporters at both home and away. I am willing to pay for this privilege. Where is my option?

The away team should receive 5,500 seats behind one goal, inc all the 3 decks behind one of the goals.

Atmosphere improves.
Game day experience for both home & away fans improve and as a code we don't have nearly as many spare seats at games

No more reserved seat memberships for me. If playing in Tassie solves all our problems,
I might just forget about membership and buy tickets to the odd game. So, is this the clubs idea of rewarding Melbourne based supporters?
I don't know about you but I felt pretty rewarded this year going to finals, I feel rewarded that we are a destination club now, and I will feel rewarded when we win our next flag. Melbourne is a freaking competitive marketplace, if Hawthorn can justify to its members players games interstate surely we can. Threatening to stop buying a membership because of this is pretty lame imo.

I don't know about you but I felt pretty rewarded this year going to finals, I feel rewarded that we are a destination club now, and I will feel rewarded when we win our next flag. Melbourne is a freaking competitive marketplace, if Hawthorn can justify to its members players games interstate surely we can. Threatening to stop buying a membership because of this is pretty lame imo.
I have supported the club and stayed a member thru the dark times, but I think buying a reserved seat membership and then having to pay extra again for a fully ticketed game is going too far. Maybe the club does not need supporters like me. In which case we might as well relocate.. I suspect there will be a few more p..ssed off members like me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
I have supported the club and stayed a member thru the dark times, but I think buying a reserved seat membership and then having to pay extra again for a fully ticketed game is going too far. Maybe the club does not need supporters like me. In which case we might as well relocate.. I suspect there will be a few more p..ssed off members like me.
Which of our games will be fully ticketed?? I thought I read the only fully ticketed game would be Anzac Day next year...
Besides looking at the draw, which replacement games would you have preferred?

W

Which of our games will be fully ticketed?? I thought I read the only fully ticketed game would be Anzac Day next year...

Essendon home game.

W

Collingwood and Carlton.

Neither will be close to a sell out and your 'normal' seating arrangements could apply.

When people refer to normal seating arrangements, they do realise that their reserved seats are actually used by opposition club reserved seat holders at their own home games right?

If our members want the equivalent level reserved seat (but not the same seat) for these replacement games, the only option right now is to book and pay for that reserved seat through the ticketing agency. If the club was able to offer this as part of the membership package, then you can guarantee the membership cost would go up by the equivalent amount because the opposition club and the stadium and the AFL all have to be compensated for giving up reserved seats at these away games. The current arrangement of non-reserved seats at replacement games doesn't hurt the club as much because they only have to pay the stadium and opposition club if you scan the barcode and enter the stadium. Non-attendance at a replacement game is money in the bank for NMFC. As I say, a reserved seat would have to be paid for whether you attend or not.

When people refer to normal seating arrangements, they do realise that their reserved seats are actually used by opposition club reserved seat holders at their own home games right?

If our members want the equivalent level reserved seat (but not the same seat) for these replacement games, the only option right now is to book and pay for that reserved seat through the ticketing agency. If the club was able to offer this as part of the membership package, then you can guarantee the membership cost would go up by the equivalent amount because the opposition club and the stadium and the AFL all have to be compensated for giving up reserved seats at these away games. The current arrangement of non-reserved seats at replacement games doesn't hurt the club as much because they only have to pay the stadium and opposition club if you scan the barcode and enter the stadium. Non-attendance at a replacement game is money in the bank for NMFC. As I say, a reserved seat would have to be paid for whether you attend or not.

Back when we were playing 11 home games in Melbourne, it worked out to be around $45 dollars per game including the seat.

We are now playing three less games, but the membership has not decreased to reflect this change as those three replacement games only give access to the ground which costs much less than a seat.

This year we pay $535 for eight games with a seat and access to general admin for three others.

In 2011, Schimma was $495 for 11 games with a seat.

This is where the angst comes from.

Back when we were playing 11 home games in Melbourne, it worked out to be around $45 dollars per game including the seat.

We are now playing three less games, but the membership has not decreased to reflect this change as those three replacement games only give access to the ground which costs much less than a seat.

This year we pay $535 for eight games with a seat and access to general admin for three others.

Yes but we were still getting pumped by the top teams then whilst developing. Now we are a top 4 team on the verge of winning a flag. Bigger picture mate.

Brother, this is an away game. You are paying $8 for a reserved seat at an away game.

$8. To watch your boys kick s**t out of Essendon.

******* first world problem if ever I heard one.

Pretty sure prices have gone up o a whole range of products and services since 2011...

Your quality of product has improved dramatically TPA.

We should really push the club for the away section idea &or the bigfooty membership where we have dedicated bays in each membership category?!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back