NFL 2015 - Road to Radio City (No, Road to Chicago)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're only as good as your last game ;)

Indeed. Fairly sure I read earlier this season that Geno is the only QB in NFL history to have a rating of 0.0 and a perfect QB rating in the same season. Still, I think that if Mariota or Winston are available when Maccagnan gets to make his first pick as NYJ GM, he'll think very hard about taking a QB at that pick, especially if Cooper is off the board.

Indeed. Fairly sure I read earlier this season that Geno is the only QB in NFL history to have a rating of 0.0 and a perfect QB rating in the same season. Still, I think that if Mariota or Winston are available when Maccagnan gets to make his first pick as NYJ GM, he'll think very hard about taking a QB at that pick, especially if Cooper is off the board.
Not only has it happened before, it's happened twice in a season..........To the same team!

1973, both Dick Shiner and Bob Lee had a 158.3 and 0.0 game in the same season for Atlanta. Infact, Dick Shiner's 0.0 was the WEEK AFTER his 158.3 game.

On that, Bob Lee's 0.0 game. BOTH QB's had a rating of 0.0.

Not only has it happened before, it's happened twice in a season..........To the same team!

1973, both Dick Shiner and Bob Lee had a 158.3 and 0.0 game in the same season for Atlanta. Infact, Dick Shiner's 0.0 was the WEEK AFTER his 158.3 game.

On that, Bob Lee's 0.0 game. BOTH QB's had a rating of 0.0.

Wait there was a guy called Dick Shiner? Bwahahaha :D

86 college players apply for early entry to the draft
Posted by Mike Florio on January 17, 2015, 11:53 AM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwexodazztkyowvhn2rhmzq3mju3zte2nguynta3yzrj.jpeg
Getty Images
When the 2015 draft commences in late April, the incoming class of players with expired college eligibility will be enhanced by 86 players who had remaining years of play in the NCAA.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, 76 players applied for “special eligibility” (i.e., at least three years removed from high school graduation) and 10 players who will be graduating but who have remaining eligibility.

The total for 2015 represents a sharp drop from 2014, when a record 102 players opted for early entry to the draft. Of those, 98 were not due to graduate.

The 2015 numbers remain higher than the total for 2013, when 73 applied for “special eligibility” and six early graduates entered the draft.

The number of underclassmen requesting an official NFL pre-draft evaluation fell from 214 in 2013 to 149 in 2014. While some may see this as players making more informed decisions about their futures, others could interpret the decline as fewer players choosing to factor the NFL’s assessment into their final decision.

According to the source, there were six official first-round evaluations this year, and all six players declared. Of 20 second-round evaluations, 14 entered the draft.

Of the 149 underclassmen who were evaluated, 123 of them were advised to stay in school (which apparently is the advice given to players not pegged for rounds one or two). Thirty-three of them ignored the advice.

The numbers won’t be official until Monday, because all players who applied for early eligibility have until Sunday night to change their minds. Although the official NFL evaluation process is far from perfect, those who received a recommendation to stay in school had better feel good about their chances to be drafted and/or to stick on a roster in 2015, especially if one more year of college would have made them better prepared to earn one of the 2,016 spots available on active rosters and practice squads.

Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter @MoveTheSticks.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
Winston has some immaturity issues but he has ideal size, arm strength and touch. He's ready to play Day 1.
2. Tennessee Titans -- Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
Gregory is tall, long and explosive. The Titans could take a QB here but instead opt to add more punch to their pass rush.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Dante Fowler, Jr., OLB, Florida
Fowler has an explosive burst, strong hands and he plays with fanatical effort. He'll be a great fit for Gus Bradley's defense.
4. Oakland Raiders -- Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
The Raiders need to surround their young QB with weapons. White is complete receiver and his competitiveness is off the charts.
5. Washington Redskins -- Leonard Williams, DE, USC
The Redskins need help in several areas and Williams would be a steal at this spot. He can dominate versus both the run and pass.
6. New York Jets -- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
There's a new regime in New York and often times that coincides with a new signal-caller. Mariota needs some time to develop but he could ultimately be the answer to the Jets QB woes.
7. Chicago Bears -- Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
Ray is a dynamic edge rusher, something the Bears desperately need.
8. Atlanta Falcons -- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Roddy White isn't getting any younger and Cooper would be a perfect compliment to Julio Jones. Roll Tide!
9. New York Giants -- Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
The Giants need to get stronger up front and Shelton is a force against the run. He would slow down the rushing attacks in Dallas and Philadelphia.
10. St. Louis Rams -- Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
It's not a great year for cornerbacks but Waynes is an intriguing player. He has good size, speed and agility. His physical play style will appeal to Jeff Fisher.
11. Minnesota Vikings -- DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
This pick would reunite Parker with his former college quarterback, Teddy Bridgewater.
12. Cleveland Browns -- T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
This class has depth at the tackle position but lacks elite prospects. Clemmings isn't sexy but he'll be a solid, day one starter at right tackle.
13. New Orleans Saints -- Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon
Armstead has similar size to Calais Campbell and he's a better player coming out of college. He would be perfect compliment to Junior Gallette and Cam Jordan.
14. Miami Dolphins -- Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State
McKinney has the size to bang inside with lineman and plenty of speed/athleticism to make plays in coverage.
15. San Francisco 49ers -- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
Justin Smith might've played his last NFL game, and Brown is a plug-and-play prospect. He has excellent strength at the point of attack.
16. Houston Texans -- Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
I was a little disappointed after studying Peat but he has excellent size, quick feet and football smarts. He's very young and should continue to develop.
17. San Diego Chargers -- Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
Goldman could play NT or DE in the Chargers defense. He is a powerful run defender and plays with high effort.
18. Kansas City Chiefs -- Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma
Andy Reid isn't afraid to take a chance on a player with off field issues (Michael Vick) and DGB has as much talent as any wideout in the draft.
19. Cleveland Browns -- Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
Smith is a player that should continue to climb as we head into the postseason. He has elite play speed and the Browns need to get bigger at the position.
20. Philadelphia Eagles -- Landon Collins, SS, Alabama
Collins would be a huge upgrade in Philadelphia and his physical play style fits the NFC East.
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
Dupree is a raw prospect but he has big time edge speed and double-digit sack potential.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville
The Steelers need to address the safety position and Holliman is a ball magnet. He isn't reliable in run support but his playmaking ability might entice the Steelers to reach for him.
23. Detroit Lions -- P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
The Lions could look to upgrade the offensive line, but there won't be many good options at this spot. Williams is a physical cornerback and should be able to play right away.
24. Arizona Cardinals -- Eli Harold, DE, Virginia
The Cardinals secondary is loaded but they need to add some talent/depth to their pass rush. Harold has good burst, quick hands and versatility.
25. Carolina Panthers -- Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
Scherff is a mauling run blocker and he would be a big upgrade in Carolina.
26. Baltimore Ravens -- Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan
Steve Smith was outstanding, but he's not going to play much longer. Some evaluators like Funchess as a tight end, but I prefer him on the outside where he can use his size/strength to overpower defenders.
27. Dallas Cowboys -- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
The Cowboys have a big decision to make about re-signing DeMarco Murray. Gordon would be a nice fall back plan.
28. Denver Broncos -- La'el Collins, OT, LSU
Collins is a very physical run blocker and some of his issues in pass protection would be covered up with the move from tackle to guard.
29. Indianapolis Colts -- Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
The Colts would spark their rush by using Beasley on passing downs until he gets physically strong enough to play on early downs. He has an ideal mentor in Robert Mathis.
30. Green Bay Packers -- Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.)
Perryman would be a great fit and give the Packers' inside linebackers much-needed youth and athleticism.
31. New England Patriots -- Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
Bill Belichick isn't afraid to buck the trend. Devaluing the running back position? Not when it comes to a player like Gurley.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State
Smith is a versatile defensive lineman and he plays with great effort, leverage and quickness.

8. Atlanta Falcons -- Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Roddy White isn't getting any younger and Cooper would be a perfect compliment to Julio Jones. Roll Tide!
OMFG!
If that happens.
WOW!

Washington's Danny Shelton among 10 Senior Bowl standouts

By Charles Davis - NFL Media analyst - Published: Jan. 23, 2015 at 02:17 p.m.

MOBILE, Ala. -- The full-contact practices at the Reese's Senior Bowl wrapped up on Thursday, and I've had an up-close look at the draft prospects competing here this week.

Plenty of players have flashed in practices, but which players have stood out the most? Here are the 10 prospects that most frequently caught my eye along with some others that piqued my interest and bear watching as the draft process unfolds over the next few months (players are listed in alphabetical order).

Date: Saturday, Jan. 24
Time: 4 p.m. ET
TV: NFL Network

Reese's Senior Bowl coverage:

Photos:

Video:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/stephone-anthony?id=2552321
Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

Miami's Denzel Perryman was the most highly regarded of the inside linebackers in Mobile this week, and deservedly so. But Anthony made quite a name for himself, too. He can flat-out run, making plays sideline to sideline. I loved watching him. When Anthony diagnoses and reacts, look out. I was really impressed watching him retreat into coverage and break on the ball. He's a tremendous athlete.

Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke
When I asked defensive backs this week who's been their toughest cover, they consistently said it was Crowder. I knew coming into this week that Crowder was an elite kick and punt returner, and the team that drafts him can count on him to deliver in that way from the jump. However, he also is a great route runner and has good hands. Crowder is well-schooled in the passing game coming from Duke, where he was coached by David Cutcliffe. He's built more like a slot receiver at 5-foot-8, 174 pounds, and he's probably best-suited to play inside.

Carl Davis, DT, Iowa
We saw more from Davis than we might have expected this week in terms of being an upfield penetrator. It might have been the defensive scheme at Iowa that kept him as more of a two-gapper, but I saw him being very disruptive in the offensive backfield this week. He gave his stock a nice boost.

Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami
You'll hear a lot about Dorsett's speed, which is overwhelming -- he expects to run a 4.3 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine next month. But he showed me all week that he's not just a guy that can run fast. He ran good routes, made good cuts and competed for the ball really well. Dorsett made contested catches, and he's not big at 5-9 5/8, 183 pounds. He's more than a one-trick pony, though, and caught my eye at every practice.

Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama
It might surprise some people to see a fullback on the list given that the position is no longer widely utilized in the NFL, but Fowler (5-11, 264) will run defenders over as a lead blocker. He also is dependable carrying the ball, not that he's asked to do so often, and has good hands to catch the ball out of the backfield. He reminds me a bit of former 49ers fullback Tom Rathman. One NFL executive told me Fowler would be a Day 1 starter for any team that still utilizes a fullback.

Nate Orchard, DE, Utah
Orchard entered the week looking to answer questions about whether he has the traits to play as an outside linebacker after playing with his hand in the ground at Utah. I think he proved he can make the transition to standing up. He can rush the passer and is stronger than you would think -- his bull rush surprised people. I saw him walk some offensive linemen back to the quarterback using his bull rush. One NFL executive asked me to please not tell anyone that his team really likes the former Utes star. His secret is safe, but word is out that teams are intrigued by Orchard.

Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
Some people believed coming into the week that Shelton could possibly be a top-10 selection in this year's draft, and he did nothing to dissuade them from that belief with his performance in practices. He's a big man at 6-2, 343, but he has better feet and stamina than you might think. Shelton is not just a sit-in-the-middle nose tackle. I think he can be a three-down defensive lineman at the next level -- he played against a lot of up-tempo offenses in the Pac-12 and he didn't come off the field much. Shelton reminds me of Casey Hampton early in his career with the Steelers.

Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke
The scouting report I had heard coming into this week was that Tomlinson is a good player with heavy feet. However, I thought his feet were more than quick enough when I watched him in practices. Plus, he accepted the challenge of going up against Shelton, the consensus top player at the Senior Bowl, and Tomlinson had no problem dealing with Shelton. In fact, Tomlinson acquitted himself quite nicely when matched up against him. The former Duke guard is a big, strong, forceful interior lineman with a good hand punch. I think he helped himself as much as any prospect at the Senior Bowl.

Clive Walford, TE, Miami
No matter who was covering Walford this week, the tight end was making plays. Many people think he's the top tight end in this draft, and he showed why this week. He's excellent getting off the line of scrimmage and runs routes well. Walford showed off an arsenal of subtle fakes that leave defenders hanging in coverage, which allows him to gain a step and run. At 6-4, 258, I think he's big enough to handle blocking in-line. Walford has a chance to be a complete tight end.

Kevin White, TCU, CB
I might be a bit biased, having seen White (5-9 3/8, 180) play in person four times over the past year, but just like 2014 first-round pick Jason Verrett, White is a vertically challenged former TCU corner who doesn't let his lack of height affect him. He makes plays on the ball, gains excellent positioning, can run with receivers and will tackle. He's the complete package and is willing to battle.

Others to keep an eye on: Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska; T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh; Grady Jarrett, NT, Clemson; Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State; Jeff Luc, LB, Cincinnati; Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami.

Follow Charles Davis on Twitter @CFD22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Senior Bowl this morning in full.

Can't reveal who I liked, but what's for sure is the entire QB class this year is like diarrhea.

and there are still some average QB's that are staying another year. There are not too many pro system QB's that are worth a high first round pick. i think in the next few seasons teams with good QB coaches who take someone in the mid-late rounds will be able to build them up and trade them for high picks later on. or use them as replacements when players like Brady get too old.

The next 2 years i cant see many pocket passes that will be franchise QB's like Andrew Luck because too many high school are developing Dual QB and not Pocket QB's. and then some of the pocket QB's pick SEC schools. Who was the last good QB to come out of the SEC other than Newton. and i still dont think Stafford is that good.

Will they ever learn????????????????????????

-----------------

Citing team sources, Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Browns will give "very strong consideration" to trading up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

With the No. 12 and 19 picks, and 10 selections overall, the Browns certainly have the ammo for a move up, but it's possible they'd have to vault all the way to No. 1. ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported there's a "real sense" the Bucs are eyeing the Heisman Trophy winner. There will be lots of offseason noise about the Browns moving on from Johnny Manziel, but a serious move for Mariota is an unlikely avenue. If nothing else, the reports serve as a way for Cleveland to try to scare Manziel straight.

323 players invited to NFL scouting combine
Posted by Josh Alper on February 6, 2015, 3:58 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptcwmmmwogq4ztfmnzrhmduymza3mzdmodvmntfizdjm.jpeg
AP
The NFL has released the list of the 323 players invited to take part in the annual scouting combine in Indianapolis that will be held from February 17-23.

All of the big names in this year’s draft class are on the list, including Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, USC defensive lineman Leonard Williams and Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper. You can check out the entire list right here.

There weren’t many notable seniors left off the list of invites, but two that jump out are Marshall quarterback Rakeem Cato and Michigan quarterback/wide receiver Devin Gardner. Cato threw 131 touchdown passes during his collegiate career, good for fourth in FBS history, and Gardner is trying to transition back to wideout after a disappointing career as a quarterback for the Wolverines.

Fourteen underclassmen who declared for the draft were also not invited. Wide receivers Zach D’Orazio (Akron); George Farmer (USC); Deontay Greenberry (Houston); Chris Harper (Cal); Nigel King (Kansas); Jaquel Pitts (Trinity International) and Tacoi Sumler (Appalachian State) make up the biggest group from any one position. Offensive tackle Patrick Miller (Auburn), guard Tyler Moore (Florida), defensive end Deion Barnes (Penn State), defensive tackle David Irving (Iowa State), linebacker Max Flores (Northern Colorado), linebacker Darien Rankin (North Carolina) and long snapper Easton Wahlstrom (Arizona State) round out the list.

Todd McShay's latest mock draft posted to E$PN In$ider, via reddit:

1) - Jameis Winston - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14)

COLLEGE: Florida State

Class: Soph

HT: 6-4

WT: 235

POS: QB

Analysis: The Bucs don't currently have a franchise quarterback on their roster, and while both of the top two QB prospects in this year's class carry with them significant risks (along with considerable talent and upside), it could be tough for them to pass on both. If you factor in only on-field performance, Winston should be the No. 1 choice. He beats opponents from the pocket with very good accuracy, arm strength and anticipation, and his on-field intangibles and leadership are positives as well. The concerns with Winston obviously have to do with his off-field behavior, and any team that drafts him is going to have to trust him enough from a character and psychological standpoint to make him the face of its franchise. That's a big risk, but NFL teams know that they can't win consistently without good quarterback play. And the Bucs could decide that Marcus Mariota's need to transition from Oregon's up-tempo spread offense to the NFL represents an even greater risk -- albeit in a very different way.

2) - Leonard Williams - Tennessee Titans (2-14)

COLLEGE: USC

Class: Jr

HT: 6-5

WT: 290

POS: DE

Analysis: Williams is the complete package -- he can two-gap as a run-stuffer, but he can also penetrate and make plays against both the pass and the run. He'd make Jurrell Casey even better by drawing more double-teams and allowing Casey to do what he does best: use quickness to establish positioning, and disrupt. Having two studs in Williams and Casey on the defensive front would provide a boost for a team that ranked 31st in the league in rushing yards per game allowed last season. The Titans have a huge need at QB and would have to consider Marcus Mariota here, but he's a risk despite his big-time upside because of his lack of experience at consistently throwing with anticipation and accuracy from the pocket at Oregon.

3) - Randy Gregory - Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13)

COLLEGE: Nebraska

HT: 6-6

WT: 245

Analysis: The Jags' biggest need is at right tackle, and they are looking for competition along their entire offensive line, but there isn't an offensive tackle in this class worth drafting at No. 3 overall. Gregory is a good fit, however. They need a young pass-rusher (Chris Clemons is 33), and Gregory is one of the most explosive edge rushers in this class. He needs to continue to add bulk and strength to his lean frame, but he has the length, violent hands and closing burst to get home off the edge.

4) - Amari Cooper - Oakland Raiders (3-13)

COLLEGE: Alabama

HT: 6-1

WT: 205

POS: WR

Analysis: The Raiders have to provide second-year QB Derek Carr with more weapons. (James Jones is the top receiver on Oakland's roster right now.) Cooper, West Virginia's Kevin White and Louisville's Devante Parker are the best WR prospects in this class and the only ones who legitimately belong in the top-20 discussion, and Cooper is our favorite of the bunch. He was absolutely dominant in 2014 despite facing top defensive competition in the SEC and dealing with inconsistent play from Bama QB Blake Sims. He has excellent savvy as a route runner, good acceleration vertically and he does a terrific job of pulling down 50-50 balls.

5) - Shane Ray - Washington Redskins (4-12)

COLLEGE: Missouri

HT: 6-2

WT: 240

Analysis: The Redskins need a pass-rusher -- often-injured ROLB Brian Orakpo is a free agent and not expected to return -- and Ray is a terror off the edge. He is relentless at pressuring the quarterback, combining outstanding first-step quickness, effective hands and impressive redirect skills. He also continues to get stronger versus the run and has bulked up into the 250-pound range. He was incredibly productive at Mizzou, finishing fifth in the FBS with 13 sacks last season. This is another spot where Mariota could come under consideration, but I've got Washington addressing its defense here.

6) - Marcus Mariota - New York Jets (4-12)

COLLEGE: Oregon

WT: 211

POS: QB

Analysis: Mariota could slide even further than this on draft day, but I think this pick makes sense for the Jets given their need at QB and the presence of Chan Gailey at offensive coordinator. Gailey can adapt his scheme to any QB and has a history with spread-formation offenses, so he's capable of providing Mariota with a smooth transition to the NFL from his up-tempo spread system at Oregon. Mariota has rare athleticism for the QB position (including prototypical size) and outstanding intangibles, but his one area of concern -- consistently being able to win from the pocket -- is the most important trait you need to succeed at the NFL level. So how a team caters its approach to him and develops him as an accurate passer from the pocket will be critical.

7) - Danny Shelton - Chicago Bears (5-11)

COLLEGE: Washington

Class: Sr

WT: 332

POS: DT

Analysis: It's unclear what scheme new head coach John Fox and new defensive coordinator Vic Fangio plan to run in Chicago -- my guess is they'll use something of a hybrid front -- but if they plan to play any 3-4, they'll need some capable bodies. Lamarr Houston and Will Sutton are best at penetrating and disrupting, and their strongest point-of-attack D-lineman, Stephen Paea, is a free agent. Shelton would provide a versatile, big body along the interior, as he commands double-teams against the run and can push the pocket as a pass-rusher. Arik Armstead is another option here, and the Bears also need help at safety and linebacker. But what will they do at the QB position?

8) - Arik Armstead - Atlanta Falcons (6-10)

COLLEGE: Oregon

HT: 6-7

WT: 285

Analysis: The Falcons need to improve on defense, especially with their pass rush. D-linemen Kroy Biermann and Osi Umenyiora are both free agents. Armstead was a 5-technique defensive end at Oregon and could play a similar role in the NFL, but he's also explosive enough to be a great fit as a left defensive end in new Atlanta head coach Dan Quinn's scheme -- similar to the role that Michael Bennett played for Quinn with the Seahawks. I've really liked what I've seen from Armstead's tape; he's an excellent run defender who has a lot of upside as a pass-rusher because of his violent hands and ability to convert speed to power.

9) - Brandon Scherff - New York Giants (6-10)

COLLEGE: Iowa

WT: 320

POS: OT

Analysis: I think this pick would depend upon whether the Giants retain Jason Pierre-Paul in free agency. If they don't, then pass-rusher becomes a top need and a guy like Florida DE Dante Fowler Jr. might be under consideration. But if JPP stays, I think the smart play here is to continue to solidify the offensive line. Left tackle Will Beatty played better in OC Ben McAdoo's system and 2014 second-rounder Weston Richburg should take over for JD Walton at center, leaving Scherff to start at either guard spot or possibly beat out Justin Pugh for the right tackle job. He is perfectly wired to be a New York Giants offensive lineman. He's durable, tough, strong and nasty. The Giants also have needs at linebacker, safety and possibly D-tackle if Mike Patterson leaves in free agency.

10) - Kevin White - St. Louis Rams (6-10)

COLLEGE: West Virginia

WT: 211

Analysis: The Rams' biggest need is at QB, but there's no way for them to address that position in this scenario. (Remember, we don't project trades in these mock drafts, and there's a big drop-off in this year's QB class after Winston and Mariota.) The next-biggest need is O-line, but the only prospect worth drafting this high is Stanford's Andrus Peat, and he's a pure left tackle who doesn't fit the Rams' physical approach all that well. So, wide receiver makes the most sense here, and White is a complete player with good size and outstanding ball skills. He'd immediately upgrade a group that features several question marks and no No. 1 receiver.

11) - Devante Parker - Minnesota Vikings (7-9)

COLLEGE: Louisville

WT: 207

Analysis: The Vikings need help on the offensive line, but Parker would make a lot of sense here. They need to surround second-year QB Teddy Bridgewater with more weapons, and Parker was Bridgewater's top target at Louisville. Parker would become Minnesota's tallest receiver at 6-foot-2 1/2, and he displays very good body control and competitiveness when the ball is in the air to go along with his size. He had a very productive season in 2014 after returning from injury (855 receiving yards in just seven games, 19.9 yards per catch).

rdogg1026[S] 199 points 1 day ago

12) - T.J. Clemmings - Cleveland Browns (7-9)

COLLEGE: Pittsburgh

WT: 313

Analysis: This would be a tough scenario for the Browns. Their biggest needs are probably right tackle, wide receiver and nose tackle, but the top prospects at each of those positions are already off the board. Johnny Manziel's future with the team is uncertain, but there aren't any QBs worth drafting here, either, and Cleveland will instead likely need to add a veteran in free agency (Mike Glennon, perhaps?) if Brian Hoyer goes to another team. Clemmings is a reach here, but he makes sense because of the importance of the position and his high potential. He's a work in progress, having played only two years of offensive tackle at Pitt, but he has impressive physical tools and is getting better. He excels as a run blocker and would bring strength and toughness to a unit that badly needs it. He'd struggle early in pass protection, but has the potential to improve.

13) - Dante Fowler Jr. - New Orleans Saints (7-9)

COLLEGE: Florida

WT: 271

Analysis: The Saints could consider Stanford left tackle Andrus Peat here and then move Terron Armstead inside, or they could fill their need at cornerback by drafting either of the top two prospects at the position, Washington's Marcus Peters or Michigan State's Trae Waynes. But Fowler has the versatility and relentlessness that Rob Ryan is looking for. He isn't an elite athlete but has good flexibility, violent hands and efficient counter moves as a pass-rusher, and he has experience playing multiple spots among the D-line, as well as outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment.

14) - Trae Waynes - Miami Dolphins (8-8)

COLLEGE: Michigan State

HT: 6-1

WT: 182

POS: CB

Analysis: Two of Miami's top needs are inside linebacker and wide receiver, but it's too early to take an ILB here and all three of the WRs worth drafting at No. 14 overall are already off the board in this scenario. Cornerback is another need area, and while Marcus Peters has better tape, he brings with him some baggage after being kicked off of the Washington team last season. The Dolphins aren't in the business of taking chances on character risks right now, so Waynes might make more sense. He's a playmaker with very good ball skills and has the length and athleticism to hold up as a cover corner, and he shows good recognition skills and can help in run support. His biggest weakness is technique, but that's coachable.

15) - Devin Smith - San Francisco 49ers (8-8)

COLLEGE: Ohio State

WT: 199

Analysis: This is early for Smith -- he's our No. 26 overall player -- but the Niners need a receiver who can stretch the field vertically and nobody in college football did that better during the second half of the season than Smith (especially when big-armed Cardale Jones was throwing him the ball). He has excellent speed, subtle moves as a deep route runner that allow him to create separation, and his body control when tracking the deep ball is outstanding. San Francisco could also look to address its O-line or defensive front in the first round.

16) - Andrus Peat - Houston Texans (9-7)

COLLEGE: Stanford

WT: 315

Analysis: The Texans need a quarterback, but aren't going to find one here. Pass catchers Devin Funchess (Michigan) or Jaelen Strong (Arizona State) would be options, although both are slight reaches this early. So I'll have them take Peat, who fills a need and is a steal at this point in the draft. The more I watch him on tape, the more I appreciate how quick his feet are. He's also tall, has long arms and good awareness, and possesses good power as a blocker. He needs to improve his consistency as a finisher, but he's young and should continue to get better.

17) - Eddie Goldman - San Diego Chargers (9-7)

COLLEGE: Florida State

HT: 6-3

WT: 315

Analysis: Sean Lissemore isn't working out at nose tackle for the Chargers, and 2014 fifth-rounder Ryan Carrethers played in only six games. Goldman would not only provide an immediate upgrade at nose, but he's versatile enough to play defensive end in a 3-4 scheme as well. Goldman's specialty is stopping the run, with excellent strength and size (6-3, 314 pounds).

18) - Dorial Green-Beckham - Kansas City Chiefs (9-7)

COLLEGE: Oklahoma

WT: 225

Analysis: The Chiefs are in serious need of an upgrade at wide receiver, and Michigan's Devin Funchess and Arizona State's Jaelen Strong are both options here. However, Green-Beckham is an intriguing possibility with this pick. The Chiefs would be taking a chance on him, given his behavioral baggage and the fact that he sat out the 2014 college football season, but based on the tape I've studied so far, Green-Beckham might be the most naturally gifted pass-catcher in this class. If Kansas City doesn't want to take a receiver here, Miami OT Ereck Flowers would make some sense.

19) - Devin Funchess - Cleveland Browns (7-9)

COLLEGE: Michigan

Analysis: I gave the Browns an offensive tackle with the No. 12 pick in T.J. Clemmings, and there still isn't a QB worth drafting here at No. 19 (the pick they acquired from the Bills last May in Buffalo's trade up to draft Sammy Watkins), so I'm going with a potential difference-maker at WR in Funchess. I liked his passion for the game at times, but questioned it at other times. He was dealing with a miserable QB situation at Michigan, but teams will need to dig deeper into his football character. If there are no concerns there, he's a top-25 football player in this class. He's a hybrid TE/WR who fits best as an X wide receiver in the NFL, in my opinion. His frame and body control make him tough to cover even when defenders are in position.

20) - Landon Collins - Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

COLLEGE: Alabama

HT: 6-0

WT: 212

POS: S

Analysis: The question everyone will ask is whether Chip Kelly will be willing to trade up to draft his former QB at Oregon, Marcus Mariota, particularly if Mariota starts to slide down the board a little bit. I know from talking with Kelly previously that he thinks the world of Mariota, but I have no idea how much he's willing to give up in order to go get him. If the Eagles stay put, Collins would be a good value pick here. He's the No. 15 overall prospect on our board, has good range in coverage and is a playmaker when the ball is in the air. But where he excels most is in run support, which is a good fit in the NFC East, especially versus the Cowboys. Moreover, SS Nate Allen is a free agent. Other options include Washington CB Marcus Peters and OLB Vic Beasley.

21) - Vic Beasley - Cincinnati Bengals (10-5-1)

COLLEGE: Clemson

WT: 220

Analysis: Beasley is an undersized edge player with really good burst, bend and instincts. He was very productive at Clemson, racking up 44.5 tackles for loss and 25 sacks the past two seasons. He's a great fit for the Bengals' defense as a 4-3 outside linebacker, and he will help upgrade a pass rush that ranked 27th in the NFL last season in sacks per attempt.

rdogg1026[S] 158 points 1 day ago*

22) - Marcus Peters - Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)

COLLEGE: Washington

HT: 5-11

WT: 193

Analysis: Safety and cornerback are need areas for the Steelers this offseason, and linebacker could also quickly become a problem spot, with James Harrison, Jason Worilds and Arthur Moats all free agents. Based purely off of game tape, Peters is the best all-around cornerback in this class. He has a good combination of instincts, cover skills, toughness and ball skills (11 interceptions the past three seasons). But Pittsburgh will have to feel comfortable with his character before drafting him, as he was kicked off of Washington's football team this fall due to behavioral issues.

23) - Malcom Brown - Detroit Lions (11-5)

COLLEGE: Texas

WT: 317

Analysis: The Lions could go with a cornerback or offensive tackle here, but defensive tackle is a position of need even if Ndamukong Suh does return in 2015 (C.J. Mosley, Andre Fluellen and Nick Fairley are all free agents), and it's a gaping hole if he goes somewhere else in free agency. Brown is a versatile D-lineman who has experience playing NT, DT and DE in a 4-3 defense, and NT and 5-technique in a 3-4. He's strong versus the run and showed more as a pass-rusher during his final season in Austin under head coach Charlie Strong.

24) - Denzel Perryman - Arizona Cardinals (11-5)

COLLEGE: Miami (FL)

WT: 248

POS: ILB

Analysis: This might be a little early to take an inside linebacker in some people's minds, but there aren't many better football players than Perryman left on the board, and the Cardinals are likely to address the position early. Perryman has strong recognition skills, he's stout and savvy at the point of attack and he hits like a truck. A lot of other evaluators like Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney more because of his freakish size-speed combo, but I'll take the better football player in Perryman. Other positions Arizona could look to address this offseason: pass-rusher, D-line, QB depth and RB depth.

25) - Ereck Flowers - Carolina Panthers (7-8-1)

COLLEGE: Miami (FL)

WT: 325

Analysis: Flowers has a really good combination of size (6-6, 325 pounds), strength, agility and toughness, possesses great football character and has played both right tackle and left tackle for the Hurricanes the past two seasons. He needs to get better with his hand placement and pad level, but his weaknesses that show up on tape are all correctable. He's a guy who has improved throughout his career and has the upside to continue to do so.

26) - Jalen Collins - Baltimore Ravens (10-6)

COLLEGE: LSU

WT: 193

Analysis: The Ravens could look to draft a wide receiver here, with Steve Smith Sr. in the latter stages of his career and Torrey Smith a free agent this offseason. Arizona State's Jaelen Strong is a big target who would be an asset for Joe Flacco. But I think upgrading the secondary is a bigger priority for the Ravens. Collins is still developing, but he has the length and speed to become a good starting cornerback in the NFL.

27) - Melvin Gordon - Dallas Cowboys (12-4)

COLLEGE: Wisconsin

WT: 207

POS: RB

Analysis: Re-signing both WR Dez Bryant and RB DeMarco Murray is going to be awfully difficult for Dallas this offseason, and if the Cowboys need to let one go, it's likelier to be the running back turning 27 years old who has an injury history. Murray has been great, but it's easier to find effective running backs (especially behind Dallas' offensive line) than it is to find elite receivers like Bryant. Gordon's running style is very similar to Murray's; he runs hard, is a work horse, gets from 0 to 60 in a flash and shows great vision and patience as a runner. He isn't great in pass protection or as a receiver, but he's getting better. The other positions Dallas needs to address this offseason are cornerback, D-line, tight end and receiver (depending upon how Bryant's situation works out).

28) - La'El Collins - Denver Broncos (12-4)

COLLEGE: LSU

WT: 324

Analysis: This pick will largely be determined by how free agency goes for the Broncos. WRs Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker are free agents, as are TEs Julius Thomas, Virgil Green and Jacob Tamme -- so a pass-catcher is a definite possibility here. The Broncos might also look to fill needs at nose tackle and/or middle linebacker if free agents Terrance Knighton and/or Nate Irving depart. But I think that interior offensive line is an area they need to address at some point in the draft, and Collins would be a good value here at guard. He got a bit upright in pass protection when playing tackle for LSU, but he's a really strong run-blocker with good football character and intelligence and durability.

29) - Eli Harold - Indianapolis Colts (11-5)

COLLEGE: Virginia

POS: OLB

Analysis: Admittedly, this is a bit early for Harold to come off the board. We have a second-round grade on him, but he is a good fit for the Colts' defense as a 3-4 outside linebacker and he offers good upside as a pass-rusher. He's raw but has the length, flexibility and closing burst to develop into a good all-around player, and he was productive at Virginia (15.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and two interceptions his last two years at Virginia). He'd help the Colts get more pressure on opposing quarterbacks -- something they need -- and would benefit from playing alongside veteran Robert Mathis.

30) - Maxx Williams - Green Bay Packers (12-4)

COLLEGE: Minnesota

Class: Soph

WT: 250

POS: TE

Analysis: The Packers need youth and athleticism at inside linebacker, so Mississippi State's Benardrick McKinney is a possibility. But the team could also afford an upgrade at tight end, and Williams is the most complete TE in what is shaping up to be a very shallow class. He has a very good combination of size (6-4, 250 pounds) and speed, and it's expected that he'll test really well at the combine later this month. He'd provide Aaron Rodgers with another weapon in the passing game, which could become increasingly important if Randall Cobb leaves in free agency.

31) - Todd Gurley - Seattle Seahawks (12-4)

COLLEGE: Georgia

WT: 230

POS: RB

Analysis: It's been rumored recently that the Seahawks could sign Marshawn Lynch to a long-term deal this offseason (he's entering the final year of his contract), but I'll believe that when I see it. If Lynch isn't with Seattle beyond the 2015 season, Gurley is a perfect replacement. He was a top-15 talent in this class prior to tearing his ACL this season, a powerful downhill runner who also has excellent speed -- the best NFL comparison I can come up with for Gurley is Lynch. The Seahawks would have to be comfortable with his health situation, but he could be an ideal successor to Lynch. They could also look to address offensive or defensive line here.

32) - Carl Davis - New England Patriots (12-4)

COLLEGE: Iowa

WT: 318

Analysis: Davis' motor ran hot and cold during his Iowa career, but at 6-4, 318 pounds he has a quick get-off, violent hands and the ability to quickly redirect once he has penetrated the backfield. He was a standout at the Senior Bowl in January, proving to be one of the toughest players for offensive linemen to block one-on-one. Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong could also make sense here, as would Georgia RB Todd Gurley if he's still on the board.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2uvidk/todd_mcshays_2015_nfl_mock_draft_20/

From the Chicago Tribune, an article about the NFL's demands to the City of Chicago to host the draft in the Windy City, not Manhattan.

Documents shed new light on Chicago's plans to host NFL draft

April, the NFL will invade Chicago to stage its extravagant three-day player draft. Thousands will flock here to work or witness. Millions more will watch around-the-clock coverage on TV.

But little has been revealed about the event expected to engulf multiple blocks downtown, including parts of Grant Park, and take residence in the historic Auditorium Theatre for nearly three weeks. Chicago's first NFL draft in 51 years will be more expensive than recent versions in New York, in part because of an outdoor fan festival, although city officials have pledged that no taxpayer money will be used.

Equally intriguing is how the 126-year-old Auditorium is retooling itself to host the massive media spectacle.

Providing a peek inside plans to stage the NFL draft in Chicago is the five-page wish list the league sent in August to Choose Chicago, the nonprofit tourism agency organizing the event with the league. The Tribune received the documents via a public records request to the city, which was involved in the bid.

It's unclear if the NFL's demands were honored by Choose Chicago or will affect taxpayers. Choose Chicago and the NFL both declined to comment on specific requests. Still, the documents show the NFL made dozens of costly requests and asked to not pay for almost any of them.

Notable among the NFL's requests are:

Cordoning off stretches of road around Grant Park and Congress Plaza, including a key stretch of Congress Parkway between Michigan Avenue and Wabash Avenue, for nearly three weeks.

Free use of the Auditorium Theatre and other spaces owned by Roosevelt University from April 19 to May 6, free WiFi and other technology for the NFL and its partners at all locations and free parking for NFL staff, TV crews and production trucks.

Free parking at draft venues and free police escorts for prospective draft picks and NFL "dignitaries."

Creation and enforcement of a "clean zone" city ordinance banning temporary commercial activity in and near draft venues.

City "resources" to help keep unofficial advertising away from the made-for-TV event, otherwise known as ambush marketing.

Outdoor space for a "village" for about 15 "sponsor activation zones" and football fields for youth clinics and events for five days. Also, three "Party Spaces" for NFL events: one for 150 people that serves Anheuser-Busch brewing products, one for up to 700 people with concert space April 29 and one for 250 people for a lunch with television shooting capability.

Along with Choose Chicago, promotional material and signage worth at least $4 million.

Commitment to host the 2016 NFL draft (this was agreed to by the city, documents show), if the NFL decides to keep it in Chicago.

Commitments from 13 hotels to reserve rooms for prospective players, NFL staff and others. Chicago's bid included hundreds of pages from hotels outlining their reserved room rates.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy declined to comment on the league's requests and said the league does not disclose costs related to the draft. He also said the schedule and other details of the draft are not ready to be released. Through a spokesman, the Bears also said they aren't ready to discuss their plans.

Details remain murky because as a nonprofit, Choose Chicago is not subject to public records laws. Three years ago, Mayor Rahm Emanuel closed the city's tourism department and transferred duties to the tourism bureau, whose budget now comes mostly from government grants.

CEO Don Welsh said basic requests — such as providing a facility — were granted but that the agreement with the NFL is not public. He said details should be rolled out within the next few weeks as the league begins a marketing campaign.

"This probably is going to wind up being one the best events for the city of Chicago," Welsh said. "It's probably one the best, most fair negotiated agreements that I've been part of."

Welsh said sponsors and donations will cover the cost, estimating that Choose Chicago needs to raise about $3 million to $4 million — similar to the total to put on conventions. The NFL is making a "big" contribution, he said.

"There will be no taxpayer money used. Any responsibility will fall on this organization and the (Chicago) Sports Commission to raise the necessary funds," he said.

Welsh received the league's wish list from NFL director of events Eric Finkelstein. The Tribune received a copy in response to a public records request related to emails from Chicago cultural and special events official David Kennedy.

Other documents the Tribune received show that Choose Chicago offered some creative marketing proposals before the city was named host in October, including outfitting Chicago art exhibits in NFL gear, including the lions outside the Art Institute, Daley Plaza's Picasso statue and a replica of Sue the Tyrannosaurus rex at the Field Museum.

Otherwise, the list sent in August offers a window into the meticulous care the NFL takes to stage such an event — and the demands it makes on cities hoping to secure such a major media display. Last year's first round of coverage drew 32 million viewers on ESPN and the NFL Network while the league's digital platforms saw historic levels of traffic.

But the draft could cost more this year than in previous years simply because of the first-ever fan festival and the fact that NFL personnel live and work in New York and will travel to Chicago. The NFL moved the draft from New York's Radio City Music Hall, its home for nine years, because of a scheduling conflict.

City officials have said that the draft, scheduled for April 30 to May 2, will be a boon for the city's economy. A spokeswoman said the NFL and Choose Chicago are responsible for covering the cost of any city services.

"While the city does not yet have a copy of the final agreement, the NFL and Choose Chicago will be responsible for any costs associated with city services during the event, and no taxpayer dollars will be used to host it," city spokeswoman Shannon Breymaier said.

Breymaier did not respond to a question about how the city could be certain of that without a written contract. But she said the city will invoice Choose Chicago for the total amount of city services used, saying that is common with large events.

She said the city does not plan to meet the NFL's request for an ordinance preventing "ambush marketing." Welsh said Choose Chicago would help the NFL in its efforts to curb such interference.

Organizers and the NFL chose the approximately 3,900-seat Auditorium because it was the largest theater available to host the made-for-TV event, according to records.

But the architectural wonder certainly was not designed more than a century ago with the draft in mind.

C.J. Dillon, the theater's chief operating officer, said a $19 million renovation 15 years ago modernized the theater for most concerts. He said the biggest adjustment is providing enough bandwidth for thousands using phones and social media.

"Generally, we don't allow that to happen during a show," he said with a chuckle. "We usually try to prevent that."

On Aug. 15, 2014, several days after the bid was submitted, Dillon wrote in an email to Choose Chicago that technology upgrades would cost about $100,000 to $125,000.

A Roosevelt spokeswoman said Choose Chicago would cover any costs.

The NFL may still help pay for some costs. According to its letter, the league did not dispute covering any labor performed by union workers. And in an August 2014 letter, Chicago Park District CEO Michael Kelly asked the NFL to agree to cover any damages on park district land. However, Welsh told the Tribune that Choose Chicago agreed to cover any costs related to parkland use.

Allen Sanderson, a University of Chicago economist who studies sports, said it is misleading to say that the public wouldn't pay for the draft, especially if the government absorbs any city services, such as road closings or extra police.

"We're going to be paying for the right to have this party in our own backyard," he said.

He also said national or international events — an Olympics or a political convention, for example — and movie productions often hold an upper hand over cities when asking for complimentary services.

"(These events) are basically economic monopolies that have a product to sell, and they can use that substantial market power to extract dollars from cities because they bid against each other," Sanderson said.

The Tribune previously reported that Emanuel met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on June 3 at the league's Park Avenue offices in New York. The two later spoke on the phone, and Chicago's turning point came when the mayor offered the fan festival — a new concept modeled after Super Bowl fan activities — in Grant Park.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...t-chicago-spt-0206-20150205-story.html#page=1

Shane Hallam (draftcountdown.com and drafttv.com) has started tweeting his top ranked players for each position. He's adding a few notes for each players (within the confines of twitters character limit)

So far he's done QBs and RBs

QB
1. Jameis Winston, FSU - Big arm, size, athleticism, pocket presence, & anticipate. Could be a stud w/ technique work.
2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon - Has the tools, just needs more progression experience and more consistent ball placement. Develop into franchise
3. Brett Hundley, UCLA - Baffling player with good tools but often makes dumb on field decisions. Upside big, needs a lot of work.
4. Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State - Productive with solid tools, but struggles with zip outside the hashes. Limited, NFL back-up
5. Shane Carden, ECU - Classic NFL back-up. Makes some nice timing passes but misses on the easy ones. Gunslinger mentality hurts him.
6. Blake Sims, Alabama - Athletic back-up type who can step in for a game and confuse a defense but size & physical limitations loom large
7. Sean Mannion, Oregon State - Big arm, not much else. Could surprise for a year if teams aren't ready a la Derek Anderson.
8. Bryce Petty, Baylor - Solid zip, but really hasn't shown he can make reads. Unacceptable ball placement in his system, not a fan.
9. Anthony Boone, Duke - Impressive technique and footwork could get him by at the next level, but just doesn't fit the NFL QB profile.
10. Tyler Heinicke, Old Dominion - Really helped by his system and plays the position very sloppy with the arm to overcome it.
11. Bo Wallace, Ole Miss - Has shown some flashes, but makes so many mind numbing plays that he can't be trusted in the pros.
12. Hutson Mason, Georgia - Has shown some flashes, but doesn't have a great release or overly strong arm consistently.
13. Jerry Lovelocke, Prairie View A&M - Big and can move some, but extremely raw in accuracy and how he places the ball. Developmental.
14. Brandon Bridge, South Alabama - Big man, strong arm, but injuries and poor accuracy all around hurts his potential.
15. Bryan Bennett, Southeastern Louisiana - Former big recruit who often misses easy and hard targets alike.

As already noted, the QB class looks pretty bad. Some reckon there's only 7 draftable QBs, and it looks like Hallan reckons there's only 6, including 3 who project as backups.

RB
1. Todd Gurley, Georgia - Amazing talent. If the medical checks out & stays healthy, could be a game changing runner for sure.
2. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin - Electric outside runner, solid blocker, and elusive as all get up. If used right, could be a top NFL RB.
3. Tevin Coleman, Indiana - 3 down back that isn’t super dynamic, lacks wiggle, but top vision and explodes into the hole.
4. TJ Yeldon, Alabama - Big back with good foot speed. Can catch the ball, but could be the lead of a committee, 2 down versatile player.
5. Jay Ajayi, Boise State - Good size and can run through you or around you. Good receiver and all around talent who develop into starter.
6. Duke Johnson, Miami - Electric player with solid size. Might not be a true #1 RB, but might have the most upside of anyone outside top 2.
7. Mike Davis, South Carolina - Late rounder who dealt with injuries, but the physical tools are there to outperform his draft position.
8. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska - Great short area player, one of the most elusive, but don’t think he will hold up protecting at the next level
9. David Cobb, Minnesota - Tough, inside, productive runner. Thumper who makes you pay, just has a low ceiling/high floor.
10. David Johnson, Northern Iowa - Big back with nimble fit who can catch outside and blocks well. Needs development, good committee RB.
11. Josh Robinson, Miss. St - Nothing dynamic, but no glaring holes. Robinson could be productive with time but more a solid back-up
12. Buck Allen, USC - Another bruiser who has a great season at USC. Has shown ability to improve vision and cutting ability. Upside.
13. Malcolm Brown, Texas - Has explosiveness and size, but never put it all together. Developmental player with late round upside.
14. Karlos Williams, Florida State - Another talented athlete who might just not be a football player. Weak in fundamentals/vision.
15. Ty Varga, Yale - Small, but impactful runner with very good balance for his size. Could find a small role in the NFL. Draft able.

The RB class is loaded with talent with at least two potential 1st round talents in Gurley and Gordon. Looks like there will be a run on RBs in rounds 2 and 3 as well.

BTW - Hallam's doing WRs next

He's done them

https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

1. Amari Cooper, Alabama - Only 20 years old, improved a ton in college, can beat you deep. Still hasn’t hit potential, NFL starter.
2. DeVante Parker, Louisville - Solid all around talent. Strong, good quickness and feet. Gets into a rhythm and dominates
3. Kevin White, West Virginia - Strong at the point of attack. Great leaping ability and catch radius. If he can separate more, NFL starter
4. Devin Funchess, Michigan - Physical tools undeniable; lacks the focus and fundamentals often. Mismatch slot WR who could take over games
5. Sammie Coates, Auburn - Very good deep threat & red zone threat developing underneath. Still a work in progress, but huge ceiling.
6. Nelson Agholor, USC - Not super special, but elusive in short area and uses it to separate. Good NFL #2 or slot WR
7. Jaelen Strong, Arizona State - Big hands and boxes out well. Doesn’t separate much, but could be a reliable possession WR with work.
8. Devin Smith, Ohio State - Deep threat with the size and potential for more. Feasts on big plays, great head fakes/double moves.
9. Phillip Dorsett, Miami - Small speedster who plays outside often. Could be just a deep threat or actually become complete player. Upside
10. Doral Green-Beckham, Oklahoma - Stretches of pure dominance coupled with major red flags & lapses of not push him lower than talent.
11. Rashad Greene, Florida State - Nothing flashy, but reliable hands catcher whose foot speed gets him out of breaks quickly. Complimentary
12. Breshad Perriman, UCF - Big, rangy long strider who has tremendous body control. Not very polished, but looks like an NFL WR.
13. Ty Montgomery, Stanford - Rough year, but has flashed pro athleticism and beaten some good CBs in his time. Has to get off LOS clean
14. DeAndre Smelter, Georgia Tech - Injury moves him down, but big time talent who could be coached into a big versatile physical presence
15. Justin Hardy, East Carolina - Super Reliable WR who seems to play faster than defenders anticipate. Does everything well.
16. Vince Mayle, Washington State - Good hands target who relishes after the catch. Not overly dynamic. End of roster WR.
18. Stefon Diggs, Maryland - Athletic marvel who had injury issues and fundamental issues. Living a bit of HS reputation, but has potential
19. Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas - Huge productive WR who is an ideal red zone threat. Tough to get ahold of at the LOS
20. Vernon Johnson, Texas A&M Commerce - Excellent deep threat who gets up to full speed extremely quickly.

"Absolutely a good WR class."

TEs tomorrow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back