2015 Roland Garros

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Stan. Pretty shattered as Novak is my favourite player but you were just far too good today.

STTTTAAAAAAANNNNNN!! So so happy for him. 2 Time Grand Slam Champion now. He always has said he doesn't believe he is one of the top players in the game, well now Stan you can believe because you are one of them. Congratulations champ!

As for Djoker, I hope he gets the French in the next year or 2.

Shattered.

jumping-out-of-window.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Stan, he really did step it up today, major respect because coming into the 2nd week this wasn't expected at all. Such a huge game and is very pretty to watch

Djokovic was too passive, simple as that. Wonder if this will knock him for the 2nd half of the year

Well done for being great in defeat though, some players could learn a bit from that.

That said Novak...GET A GAMEPLAN that works against Wawrinka. It shouldn't be a nightmare matchup.

1. Attack...this defensive trash won't beat Wawrinka, it never has recently, so bin it!
2. Come into the net a bit more
3. Stop flopping opportunities away and if you get ahead, don't go safe
4. Stop playing like you are AFRAID to lose, it opens the match up for Wawrinka to swing and swing hard.

In the end, disappointed for Novak, and personally I can't stand Wawrinka one single bit, however only 1 player was playing to win today and it wasn't Novak. I'm happy that Wawrinka won tonight.

Overall, what a fantastic French Open. 2 finals that were a bit different, and for a neutral, that is fantastic to see. We need more depth on both sides.

1. The rise of Safarova, she can win a Slam in the next 1-2 years easily (probably not on clay though)
2. Wawrinka a very worthy winner of the mens, played some fantastic tennis
3. Is that the end for Rafa Nadal? Quite possibly, hard to see him being competitive on the other Slams.
4. Will Novak bounce back.

Can't wait for Wimbledon.

Anyone who says djokovic is not a good sport can get stuffed.

Always has been. So is Federer and Nadal for that matter. Murray I'm a bit indifferent towards, but the other 3 are fantastic. Serena is the WORST in that regard...she never 'loses' in her book.

Well done Stan! Sticks it up all those people who said he'd never win another Slam!! I know Novak is a great player but I never find him very exciting to watch, give me Stan any day.

I play with a single handed back hand, double handed backhands were rare when I learned to play. (Having said that my backhand is rubbish).

Last edited:
Find it hard to not like Stan. Wanted Djoker to win for the grand slam but not hating on Stan winning.

Stan now has the same number of French Opens as Federer, same grand slams as Murray. One less slam than Djokovic towards his career grand slam. Has also beaten two number 1s to win his 2 slams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back