2015 Rome ATP masters series/WTA premier mandatory

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance ESPN will show the Kygrios v Lopez match tonight or will they show Wawrinka v Monaco?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see Cilic and Wawrinka not having a good clay season at all. Not really surprised about Cilic though.

Cilic we'll give him some time and some hard court tennis before we judge. Stan has lost the plot though

Kyrgios' biggest issue on clay is just a lack of experience in my opinion. When he attacks he feels the quality of his shot and slacks off with his footwork because he thinks he's hit a winner; unfortunately it doesn't always work that way on the clay. Needs some time to adjust to the clay and understand what it takes to win points on there. I think he's got the game to be a good clay court player but he doesn't yet have the mentality.

Tomic lost in 3 tiebreakers. He really cant play on clay. That footwork...
He wasn't favourite to win, but almost did. Stil having a reasonably strong year. I expect him to pick up again when the clay court season finishes.

Interesting to see Cilic and Wawrinka not having a good clay season at all. Not really surprised about Cilic though.

Wawrinka is clouded by off court issues. Cilic coming back from a long lay-off. I think his run at the US Open was a one off. We'll never see him reach even close to those heights again.

Kyrgios lost 6-4, 7-6. Big servers are a bad matchup for Kyrgios. Slightly disappointing loss.

Kyrgios needs to develop his return game IMO. Lopez played well I thought. His serve is pretty fap-worthy. Beautiful action. Another era, and Lopez would be close to the best in the world with his sublime net game.

Kyrgios needs to develop his return game IMO. Lopez played well I thought. His serve is pretty fap-worthy. Beautiful action. Another era, and Lopez would be close to the best in the world with his sublime net game.
Agree with all of that. Lopez is the anti-spaniard when it comes to how he plays the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back