2015 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Bicks .......you'll see if you were reading my draft posts ;).....that i would love Callum Moore

Great mark , 193cm .......Quick .....can't hit the side of a barn
Would absolutely rookie him ....plenty of upside there

Regarding Mabior Chol (29/1/1997. 198cm, 78kg. Yeronga/Lions Academy)
He is such a talent .....but REALLY STRONG family connections will prevent us re-locating him interstate i fear.

Bicks .......you'll see if you were reading my draft posts ;).....that i would love Callum Moore

Great mark , 193cm .......Quick .....can't hit the side of a barn
Would absolutely rookie him ....plenty of upside there

Regarding Mabior Chol (29/1/1997. 198cm, 78kg. Yeronga/Lions Academy)
He is such a talent .....but REALLY STRONG family connections will prevent us re-locating him interstate i fear.

I know, your post was one congratulating me on the fact I'd identified him...:)

I must be a poor judge, have watched snelling closely, cant believe his height stopped him getting drafted, work ethic, ability to tackle, finds the ball, all Australian, 15 SANFL league games in premiership year, but 18 clubs don't think he will make it? maybe he try's to hard, time will tell.

Is he slow?

Generally, if you're short and can't run fast you wont get drafted, unless you are really elite elsewhere.

Wouldn't mind us looking at Cameron Hewett with 1 of our RD selections. 188cm 77kg Inside Mid from North Adelaide.
I wouldn't mind getting his more talented brother George back from Sydney next year when he's out of contract where he will never, ever get a fair go with their midfield depth even though he's been ripping it up the NEAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, Glass-McCasker sounds very good. I'd be willing to take a punt on him if he makes it to our pick.

Him, Parsons, Hewett, Snelling and Kerbatieh would be my main targets.

Not even going to attempt this considering I would have named 20 other players before Doedee!

Doedee will be a star, and no doubt our first rookie pick will be too.

Ogilvie's got this.

Not even going to attempt this considering I would have named 20 other players before Doedee!

Doedee will be a star, and no doubt our first rookie pick will be too.

Ogilvie's got this.

Pretty sure there'll be 2 names we most likely would have never heard of, and the club will say that they were rapt and expected them to go in the National Draft.

Apart from the SA boys these youngsters look to have enough talent to be considered for a rookie spot, Jordan Snadden in particular.

Jordan Snadden (2/8/1997. 190cm, 79kg. East Fremantle)

Medium midfielder

AFL biography: Quick medium midfielder who plays with aggression, particularly in contested situations when the ball is there to be won. Uses his speed to break away from stoppages, putting a gap on his opponents before disposing of the ball. AFL Academy member.

"Jordan has explosive pace. He can break lines and he has a penetrating kick. He plays outside the game at this stage, and he's a quiet, diligent worker. With a bit of self confidence he could really be the surprise packet at this year's draft."

Raff Guadagnino, WA talent manager

Thomas Glen (7/5/1997. 187cm, 72kg. Dandenong Stingrays)

Medium midfielder

AFL biography: Versatile medium midfielder who can also play as a rebounding defender. Has good speed and uses the ball extremely well by hand and foot. Represented Vic Country at this year's NAB AFL Under-18 Championships showing his ability to read the play well and make good decisions under pressure. Had excellent year with the Stingrays, averaging 19 possessions at an impressive 77 per cent efficiency.

"Tommy's got the skills for it. We know he can work the ball well and we tried to keep him on the outside because he's such a good user of the ball coming down the ground. He's very lightly framed and he has a few areas he can fix up: at times he can try to do a little bit too much when he could be protecting the footy, so we've kept telling him to keep things simple, but he's good enough."

Mark Wheeler, Dandenong Stingrays talent manager

Liam Jeffs (30/3/1997. 192cm, 78kg. Eastern Ranges)

Medium midfielder

AFL biography: Tall midfielder who uses his height to his advantage at stoppages and distributes the ball effectively, especially by hand. Has had an injury interrupted year but returned in the last month of the season and had his best performance at TAC Cup level against Geelong Falcons, gaining 19 possessions with four clearances and four tackles. Member of the NAB AFL Academy.

"Liam's had an interesting year. He had a lot of injuries early on so he's missed most of the year but he's managed to play the last four or five. He's a modern-day onballer, he can cover the ground, go inside, go out onto a wing and get it playing forward as well."

Len Villani, Eastern Ranges talent manager

Davin Ferriera (15/09/1996, 174cm, 68kg. Wanderers/Norwood)

Small forward/midfielder

AFL biography: Small forward/midfielder who takes the game on using his pace and agility. Strong overhead for his size, he attends Rostrevor College in Adelaide after moving from Wanderers in the NTFL. Represented NT in NAB AFL Under-18 Championships this year and impressed in senior debut for Norwood in SANFL gathering 18 disposals and kicking three goals against Sturt.

"Davin's a fantastic kid. He started attending boarding school back as a 15-year-old in Townsville, but when that didn't work out he went down to Rostrevor in Adelaide and that's worked out a lot better for him. He missed his 18th year with us through various injuries, but went on from there to play some league footy for Norwood before coming back into our program. He played in a premiership for Wanderers this year as well and was able to make a real difference in the preliminary final and grand final simply by getting under the guard of the opposition. They didn't rate him highly and he kicked three goals in the grand final, a couple of them really nice kicks from the boundary. And in the first five minutes he attacked the footy ferociously, got cut open, went off, got cleaned up and went straight back on. He's a tough inside player who can play forward and back. He has really good goal sense and a few tricks up his sleeve. He doesn't speak much but when it's his turn he has no issue, he's just a great kid and a terrific leader."

Wally Gallio, NT talent manager

Unsure about names, but we need a project KPF.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

That's Dear, isn't it?

I would think a slightly undersized but footy smart mid and a key back.

The fact he named Liberatore from roughly the Diesel Williams era when it comes to 'handball vision inside' Williams is widely recognised as the player others are judged by in that aspect of the game would lead one to believe leaving Diesel's name out has to be an oversight? :p
Sir McIntosh is the greatest hand baller ever to play the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back