2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

As it should be. Vs Melbourne who also have a shed full of gun youngsters, so that IS the time to play ours. Almost seems premeditated. Best 22 1st up to ensure no crushing defeat to kill any optimism, youth vs youth in game 2, then warming up for the real deal in NAB 3. I guess the "hopefuls" not picked this week will need to shine in the intra club game to get a game.

That looks like it was the program all along.

Can't believe now Libba gone

I didn't see the game yesterday but struggling to beat a very weak Richmond team is that a concern??

Sad
Maybe you should look at the stats from the game. We had almost double there inside 50's at one stage late in the game. No concern apart from the obvious "libba debacle"

Maybe you should look at the stats from the game. We had almost double there inside 50's at one stage late in the game. No concern apart from the obvious "libba debacle"
Also had double there scoring shots & they kicked 3 or 4 goals from free kicks. Nothing to worry about, some good signs in fact.

Also had double there scoring shots & they kicked 3 or 4 goals from free kicks. Nothing to worry about, some good signs in fact.

The number of free kicks they got close to goal was ridiculous, as was our inaccuracy from the same areas.
Traditionally player's skills are usually a little rusty early in seasons, and ours certainly were. Why this should be so, given
the long preseasons is surely a mystery.

Pre season injuries to players has again raised questions about the wisdom of playing the preseason competition at all.
I am aware there are difficulties with ground availability due to cricket, but couldn't a system be found to drop the 3 preseason
games, and increase the 'real' season by 2-3 matches.
At say a 25 round main season more teams would meet twice, without actually increasing the games load on players. Win-win surely.
Then, if players are injured in early games, at least it is in matches for premiership points, rather than in a glorified practice match.

Traditionally player's skills are usually a little rusty early in seasons, and ours certainly were. Why this should be so, given
the long preseasons is surely a mystery.

In game running is totally different to running at training. s**t skills early on is due to fatigue because of that.

I loved the game on the weekend, but I hated the game on the weekend. Know what I mean?
Anyway, led me to do a revised best 22 for round 1. This is presuming availability of everyone except Libba :(

FB Wood Rough Morris
HB Murphy Talia Darley
C JJ Wallis Bontempelli
HF Grant Redpath Stevens
FF Dahlhaus Toyd Stringer
R Minson M. Boyd Macrae
Int Jong Hrovat Picken
Sub Hunter

Is anyone else reminded a little of Barry Hall when Redpath plays? Just demolishes anyone and is so fast for a big man over about 20m. Let's hope he can be half as good a forward as the great man this year

In game running is totally different to running at training. s**t skills early on is due to fatigue because of that.

Understood, and fair enough. In middle distance running, racing is always a different kettle of fish to training runs.
Still, Richmond didn't seem to have the same skills problems until they tired in the last quarter. Their accuracy was
a lot better than ours early on.

After the weekend:

Morris roughead Moyd
Murphy Talia JJ
Macrae Wallis Bontempelli
Dahlhaus Redpath Hrovat
Dickson Toyd Stringer

Minno Koby Jong (This is where it now falls through the arse but there are options (boyd switch, goodes, lots of rotations from others))

Picken Hunter Grant Darley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the weekend:

Morris roughead Moyd
Murphy Talia JJ
Macrae Wallis Bontempelli
Dahlhaus Redpath Hrovat
Dickson Toyd Stringer

Minno Koby Jong (This is where it now falls through the arse but there are options (boyd switch, goodes, lots of rotations from others))

Picken Hunter Grant Darley
Wood has to play.

Haven't seen the game coz I was away but can I ask why Daniel didn't play coz according to everyone here he has been training very well?

Haven't seen the game coz I was away but can I ask why Daniel didn't play coz according to everyone here he has been training very well?
Bevo wanted to field an older more experienced and stronger side for the home game. I'd be shock if cd wasn't out in the middle against melbourne along with at least 2 of the other draftees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Bev wanted a winning start. I expect a lot of the kids will get a run in NAB 2 Matt. Then Nab 3 they will start looking at who gets a gig in Round 1.

I think Bev wanted a winning start. I expect a lot of the kids will get a run in NAB 2 Matt. Then Nab 3 they will start looking at who gets a gig in Round 1.

Sorry but with Libba gone now this year ain't about winning coz it won't happen much IMO

Get as many games into the kids as possible and see what they have, absolutely no point "pinching" a couple of wins just to play older guys.

I know I made an early call on Macca but if Bev plays Goodes unless it's absolute last man standing he will get a big cross from me to start.

Now Libba is gone the logical replacement is Biggs

He is wasted up back and is a ball magnet.

So my team now that Libba is gone is based purely on us being bottom 3 and getting games into kids that can make it with the little experience we have to help

Morris. Rough. Wood
Darley. Hamling. Murphy
McRae. Biggs. JJ
Dahl. Redpath. Grant
Hunter. Toyd. Stringer

Minson. Wallis. Bont

Talia. Prudden. Daniel. Stevens

Now Libba is gone the logical replacement is Biggs

He is wasted up back and is a ball magnet.

So my team now that Libba is gone is based purely on us being bottom 3 and getting games into kids that can make it with the little experience we have to help

Morris. Rough. Wood
Darley. Hamling. Murphy
McRae. Biggs. JJ
Dahl. Redpath. Grant
Hunter. Toyd. Stringer

Minson. Wallis. Bont

Talia. Prudden. Daniel. Stevens
Biggs' contested work is average MD. He's a nice high possession, link up mid, but to have him replace Libba in the guts ain't gonna work.

I'm going to risk freezing my **** off at Ballarat to go and see the boys play. I want to see the kids live because I haven't seen them yet.
I grew up near Ballarat and the weather through March is generally pretty good, don't think you'll freeze your **** off ;)

Chances of Honeychurch starting?

Surely he, Hrovat and Hunter are fighting for a similar position with the latter two being a bit ahead. With the Libba injury I can maybe see Honeychurch coming in as maybe sub. I rate the guy and love that he can tackle and kick a couple.

Any word on if the coach rates him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back