Position 2015: Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought you lot might be interested in this tiny bit of research. I was weighing up whether to take Lycett at pick 114 in a draft league because I didn't have a ruck yet. In the games that West Coast played three rucks, Lycett was mostly used forward and didn't score too well despite a decent return of goals. In the games that West Coast played two rucks, his average increased by 43.4 points. However now that Cox has retired, I will be surprised if we see three rucks this year. Combine this with natural progression as a 22-year-old KPP, and I can certainly see him averaging 90+ this season.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 11.33.41 pm.png

Something to think about anyway, particularly if you're in a draft league.

Last edited:
Thought you lot might be interested in this tiny bit of research. I was weighing up whether to take Lycett at pick 114 in a draft league because I didn't have a ruck yet. In the games that West Coast played three rucks, Lycett was mostly used forward and didn't score too well despite a decent return of goals. In the games that West Coast played two rucks, his average increased by 43.4 points. However now that Cox has retired, I will be surprised if we see three rucks this year. Combine this with natural progression as a 22-year-old KPP, and I can certainly see him averaging 90+ this season.

View attachment 119022

Something to think about anyway, particularly if you're in a draft league.
That's a really interesting set of stats there, as when you do it with Naitanui (excluding the first few games when he was clearly struggling and underdone) he comes out with a similar average as well. As a West Coast supporter, how bad do you think Naitanui's back issues actually are? I'm tempted to perhaps start one - or both - of the West Coast ruckman (particularly given at the moment I have Mumford and Maric pending the ASADA decision).

Goldstein or Zac Smith

I have been debating this. I am always tinkering with my team but currently I have goldy at R2. Set and forget. I see more value in the mids/forwards then the mid price rocks.

You answered your question yourself
Which premium rucks are you going? I'm going with Mumford. I'm going for overall this year, so is Mummy my man? Or would you put Goldstein, Lobbe, Jacobs ahead of him?
So it's basically Mummy vs Goldstein, and I am going for overall. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently going Leuenberger and Smith at ruck. Anyone else now debating Leuenberger vs bellchambers now that leuy named at CHF?

Alot went with Smith which i think was a smart move hes struggling against jamar todsy but still might get to 70 just got to hope he doesnt get dropped.

I had Maric aswell 40 mins before lockout and he went on to get 91

Remove this Banner Ad

Back