News 2015 Saints Media Thread (please use player threads for player-specific news/articles)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if all of Templeton, Saad, Schneider, Curren, Saunders, Minchington, Lonie and Sinclair are fighting for one, or at most two posts?
Saunders then whoever else

I wonder if all of Templeton, Saad, Schneider, Curren, Saunders, Minchington, Lonie and Sinclair are fighting for one, or at most two posts?
That's a lot of wasted list spots if they are!

Club certainly pumping out the media at the moment: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-12/law-of-attraction-sees-maverick-take-flight

ELITE sport is often said to be 90 per cent above the shoulders with mental preparation seen to be just as valuable as the physical aspects of top level competition.

While some may think mental preparation can be overplayed, especially for a sport like Australian Football that requires a diversity of skills and attributes, for Maverick Weller it rings true.

Delisted by the Gold Coast Suns at the end of the 2013 season after 32 games across the club’s first three seasons, Weller didn’t spend any time wallowing. Rather, he immediately re-focussed, was granted permission to train with St Kilda, and did enough to warrant being selected at pick 20 in the 2014 Rookie Draft.

“When I got dropped by Gold Coast, yes it was sad to leave my ex-teammates, but in my mind I was always going to get picked up by St Kilda and forge a career down here,” Weller told SEN’s Morning Glory on Thursday.
Can you please link it back to the club website.

As I said in the best 22 thread, I think that Lonie has been discussed so often over the last week or so, by several players and the coach, that I think he may have snuck in to that small forward role, even over Ahmed, at least for Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said in the best 22 thread, I think that Lonie has been discussed so often over the last week or so, by several players and the coach, that I think he may have snuck in to that small forward role, even over Ahmed, at least for Round 1.
He's still very very light...

The only qualifier in all the chatter around Lonie is AR's comment that he needs to pack on a few kilos. AR will have learnt from the Jake Neade experience, who is very similar to Lonie in physical dimensions, so it will be very interesting to see how that pans out. I will retain him as a smokey selection.

Players like Lonie who are boxing above their weight division from day one can inspire team mates and quickly become cult heroes amongst the fans. I think Neade is universally admired for his debut season...but ultimately his impact was limited and he spent a great part of his second year bulking up. Perhaps my observation is wrong, but thats my read. Who better to see that situation from the inside out than AR though?

Players like Lonie who are boxing above their weight division from day one can inspire team mates and quickly become cult heroes amongst the fans. I think Neade is universally admired for his debut season...but ultimately his impact was limited and he spent a great part of his second year bulking up. Perhaps my observation is wrong, but thats my read. Who better to see that situation from the inside out than AR though?

fair assessment but his 2nd half in the freo final helped give port the game

Lonie has a fair advantage over Ahmed in that he's already on the senior list. Ahmed needs to wait for a LTI and win promotion over the likes of Schneiderman and Sinclair to get a crack again.

Sorry sammm, not sure what you mean? I've provided the link to the article on the clubs website :)

thanks. I didn't realise that. I just bought new glasses, maybe I need my eyes checked again:D

I was reading that this morning and was trying to work out if Steven was the right choice to go up against Roo. From what AR was saying during and after the trade period last year maybe Armitage is more important then both?

note: its asking importance not best.

maybe its because steven is only contracted until the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back