News 2015 Saints Media Thread (please use player threads for player-specific news/articles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, thanks for the shout-out, goodie23! Glad you enjoyed my writing. Good luck to your boys this year. And can they please stop beating up my Freo boys when we play at Etihad? I know we sent our B team out there in 2013, but seriously! :)

Loved your article, well done!

Surprised nobody has posted this yet. St Kilda are the first club to officially attend St. Kilda pride parade.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-02/saints-go-marching-in

It may not seem like it, but it's a big deal. Having an organization in one of the largest companies in the country march for you and suggest you're normal is an amazing thing to do. Credit to every single player that was there, I know that it means a lot to the people they were there for.

Anyone heading to the T20 game tonight/in 45 minutes? Games supporting the Jane McGrath foundation and features this well experienced first XI:

ST KILDA FC LINEUP:

Adam Schneider (Captain)

Jamie Cox (Vice-Captain)

Jack Billings

Rob Chancellor (Staff)

Ben Davies (Staff)

Luke Dunstan

Bryce Kellerman (Staff)

Paddy McCartin

Tim Membrey

Tom Morris (Staff)

Yohan Periera (Staff)

Brenton Payne

Jack Sinclair

Gold coin donation and potential for free Dare. I'll update.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-02-03/pink-stumps-day-xi-announced

Free iced coffee confirmed.

Last edited:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...op-five-picks-have-fared-20150204-1368me.html

1. Patrick McCartin, St Kilda
In terms of how the 194-centimetre key forward has handledthe added scrutiny of being the No.1 pick, a St Kilda assistant coach said this week: "You wouldn't even know it". He certainly has a competitive edge, but there have been no signs of cockiness or the feeling that becoming a star is "just going to happen". He has been hard-working, humble and willing to listen, according to the official. As far as his character is concerned, that is the first element the Saints have ticked off. The club sees him as a natural leader, as comfortable with players 10-years-plus as he is with those in his own draft group. As long as he is fit and firing, there is no reason why Saints fans won't get a glimpse of him in the NAB Challenge. There is no underlying plan to hold him back for the regular season, either. If the club believes he can make an impact, he will play. The challenge for him, as with all other first-year players, is to adjust to the life of a professional footballer. Instead of being at school at 9am, he's at the club at 7.30am and every part of his lifestyle needs to be geared towards making the jump from schoolboy footballer to elite athlete. And, as one assistant coach put it this week, "he looks like he will do everything possible to make that transition as soon as he can". His work on the track has been hindered by just one minor set-back – a skin infection that required a minor surgical procedure and kept him out of training for a week.

not alot of Saints media at the moment. The Saints need to generate some more.

I have a completely unprovable and probably wrong idea that this is because we have something big on the way and everyone at the club is busy with that instead of pushing other stuff out for the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 news reported that McCartin has set his sights on a Round 1 debut! Interviewed at the cricket by the look of it.
Yeah, but he's no Jack Sinclair... amIright?

Yeah, but he's no Jack Sinclair... amIright?

Damn straight Persey! ;)

All I'm saying is that 'Sinclair to McCartin' will be the next 'Hayes to Riewoldt' in commentary speak.

Be excited!

I have a completely unprovable and probably wrong idea that this is because we have something big on the way and everyone at the club is busy with that instead of pushing other stuff out for the media.

Love your positive thoughts on that Periphery. Lets hope that we do have more good news coming soon.

Damn straight Persey! ;)

All I'm saying is that 'Sinclair to McCartin' will be the next 'Hayes to Riewoldt' in commentary speak.

Be excited!

Better be the 1st to grab that BF user handle (Sinclair2McCartin) - will be worth $$ very soon. ;)

Damn straight Persey! ;)

Be excited!
I have a hunch he'll play as sub in his first game, and it'll be on a Saturday night.

Then you-know-who could say as he's subbed on, "Oh, the Saints are chucking everything at 'em, now Darce! They're even chucking in the kitchen sink! The kitchen sink, Richo!"

"Oh, the Saints are chucking everything at 'em, now Darce! They're even chucking in the kitchen sink! The kitchen sink, Richo!"

"They call him 'DRAKE', Darce. DRAKE SINCLAIR, cause he is

iu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back