News 2015 SC Injuries & Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Put it this way - Many of you dodged a real bullet there! My preference would be that if this was going to happen, it happened in round 2 which would have burnt a lot of supercoaches.

Only Carlton supporters need to be disappointed because some of you in here are the luckiest bastards alive.

Don't beat around the bush mate.........but you are right first thing I thought was shite lucky that did not happen in round 2.:)

Don't beat around the bush mate.........but you are right first thing I thought was shite lucky that did not happen in round 2.:)
Frustrating to see how many are ranting and raving when in actual fact it's a blessing in disguise for them. I was hoping that so many people would go in with a Leuey/Kreuzer combo with no ruck cover and then melt down in round 2 when they need to burn trades.

If you have a playing R3 than I wouldn't be as concerned but even think TBC is going to help you out sitting in the forward line is just laughable.

Was a bit brunt yes, my apologies. Carry on with the Higgins/Leuey/Waters/TBC/Reid combos :)

Frustrating to see how many are ranting and raving when in actual fact it's a blessing in disguise for them. I was hoping that so many people would go in with a Leuey/Kreuzer combo with no ruck cover and then melt down in round 2 when they need to burn trades.

If you have a playing R3 than I wouldn't be as concerned but even think TBC is going to help you out sitting in the forward line is just laughable.

Was a bit brunt yes, my apologies. Carry on with the Higgins/Leuey/Waters/TBC/Reid combos :)

Get out of my head!!

Grima out for 12-14, not relevant but does that make anyone else from North more likely to play?
It makes Scott Thompson less of an option. Durdin is a key back although he's pretty raw.
Possibly Durdin. Though I think it is just as likely that Tippett will get a gig. Or they could even roll small with Thompson, Hansen and Firrito.

With the injuries to their talls, it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that Durdin plays as a key back, but provides 10-15% relief to Goldstein in the ruck. If Brown is not ready for rd1 or is forced out due to Waite's arrival, and they are reluctant to use Petrie, who else relieves Goldy?

It makes Scott Thompson less of an option. Durdin is a key back although he's pretty raw.
Durdin's been training with the forwards. Might give Neilson a look down the track. Hansen's also touch and go for round 1, which makes fringe KPDs (Tippett, Tarrant, Firrito, Neilson) all the go for NM atm. Tarrant at $144K might actually have decent JS if he gets a round 1 gig.

Possibly Durdin. Though I think it is just as likely that Tippett will get a gig. Or they could even roll small with Thompson, Hansen and Firrito.

With the injuries to their talls, it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that Durdin plays as a key back, but provides 10-15% relief to Goldstein in the ruck. If Brown is not ready for rd1 or is forced out due to Waite's arrival, and they are reluctant to use Petrie, who else relieves Goldy?
If Brown and Daw are out, Petrie will be the relief ruck.

Durdin's been training with the forwards. Might give Neilson a look down the track. Hansen's also touch and go for round 1, which makes fringe KPDs (Tippett, Tarrant, Firrito, Neilson) all the go for NM atm. Tarrant at $144K might actually have decent JS if he gets a round 1 gig.
How many tall forwards do North need? Not even sure why you picked up Waite.

How many tall forwards do North need? Not even sure why you picked up Waite.
Cheap available, talented, looking for a change of scene and a couple more years.

The tall stocks are no sure thing though. At the end of last season:

Petrie: old
Tarrant: no guarantee to ever play again (though his preseason training as a KPD has actually been promising)
Daw: project, legal troubles, may well end up having a decent AFL career but not the sort to carry a forward line.
Black: 3rd tall
Wood: 3rd tall/flanker/tall winger
Brown: promising, talented and footy smart but all of 11 games and a history of knee trouble.
Wallace: project.

Didn't know Durdin would slide.

That might all end up fine or if it all goes pear shaped we could end up fielding tall forwards of Tarrant/Wood/Wallace.

A cheap FA who can hold the fort for a couple of years while Brown and Durdin develop and maybe win the odd game off his own boot makes sense in context.

I thought Durdin was lining up on Waite earlier on in pre season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have been. The couple of trainings I've seen he's been with the forwards and the list roundup video has him there too:

With all the injuries your boys have had to key forwards, is there any possibility in your eyes that he could start the season as your fwd/ruck option, relieving Goldy?

With all the injuries your boys have had to key forwards, is there any possibility in your eyes that he could start the season as your fwd/ruck option, relieving Goldy?
Doubt it. All the signs are that they don't want to rush him. Petrie, Waite and Black are all in full training and should be fit. Brown a chance. And Goldy doesn't need much relief time, so they won't sacrifice a better forward for a better backup ruck.

Might have been. The couple of trainings I've seen he's been with the forwards and the list roundup video has him there too:

Fair enough, can't say I've been down to training myself. Just going off an older video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back