News 2015 SC Injuries & Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddard stretchered off would be better. Biggest flog in the game.
In the final minute AFTER he scores 120+. After that IDGAF

Personally would prefer to see Lachie Henderson insert a watermelon into mr noncaptain murphys arse then rip that blue stain jumper in half and take a dump on it in the middle of the mcg
That is some seriously farked up pr0n you're into. Usually just go with the standard stuff, maybe some asian leso from time to time but none of that farked up weird gay s**t.

Y
That is some seriously farked up pr0n you're into. Usually just go with the standard stuff, maybe some asian leso from time to time but none of that farked up weird gay s**t.
You should try it..

Opens the.....

mind

Let's try a more comparable crime, given there are no motor vehicles on a football ground.

I walk down the street & punch someone in the face & his nose is not broken, I get charged with assault.
I walk down the street & punch someone in the face & his nose is broken, I get charged with assault.

If two players commit exactly the same crime, identical actions, they should receive the same suspension.

If you punch someone in the face and kill them the penalty is a lot harsher, comparing a deliberate callous action to a game is probably not the right example.

MRP does consider the degree of force anyway.

The Fyfe incident is a perfect example of the result of the contact impacting the suspension. Now obviously the finding hasn't been handed down yet, but if Ben Jacobs was to have been knocked out Fyfe would get 2 or more weeks without question. As it is, he should really only be getting a fine, which will become a one week suspension due to prior fines. Or he may still get off altogether

But the point is, if Jacobs was knocked out there would be bo doubt Fyfe would get multiple weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Hodge misses 2 weeks against scrubber teams (Brisbane and Carlton) and is back for round one of the finals.

What a frigging joke!!!

It was sheer luck that Wingard was not injured more seriously.
Yeh like Sewell and ex-Hawk CEO Evans would have let him miss finals. The protection this cowardly sniper has gotten from the media to the MRP is vomit inducing.

Hodge should of gotten 4+. He could of actually killed Wingard. One of the worst things I've seen on a footy field.

Any sane and unbiased person would agree, footy journo's on the other hand...

Sam McClure ‏@sam_mcclure Aug 21
Reckon people need to be careful with aggression towards Hodge. Champion of the game who plays on the edge for his team.

Reckon people need to be careful with aggression towards Hodge. Champion of the game who plays on the edge for his team.
5 weeks suspended this year indicates to me that Hodge goes over the edge

Sam Mclure on Ivan Milat.
He's only a young lad, a few scraps in the yard and quite charming to the girls. Give him time he'll be alright.
Just on the edge a bit

Journos have NO *EN IDEA

Who the * is this brown-nosing nobody? Eat a dick all of you media degenerate cockroaches.

Except that it would take more than a glancing blow to the cheek and a bump to the shoulder to knock him out, so we'd be talking about a different incident altogether and he would of course get multiple weeks.
Yes and no. If Jacobs was bending over only a little bit more it could have been a much more direct hit, despite Fyfe's action being the same.

A big if though I guess. Using previous examples, I guess you're not going to get charged with assault for almost punching someone

My point, while expressed poorly, is that as soon as someone is knocked out, the other player seems to get suspended every time, regardless of circumstance. And in my opinion, that just isn't right

Thankfully I have Lever and Pearce to cover Hodge. Hoping Lever will be back based on this:

First-year defender Jake Lever looms an important inclusion for Adelaide this weekend as the club prepares to take on West Coast for a place in the finals. The 19-year-old was rested from the Crows' 87-point win over the Brisbane Lions but is fit and available for Sunday's clash. The Eagles only narrowly trail Hawthorn for total points scored this year and they flexed their offensive muscle again on the weekend, with Josh Kennedy booting seven goals, Josh Hill four and Mark LeCras three in the club's 77-point thrashing of the Western Bulldogs. Crows defender Ricky Henderson said the return of Lever, who has shown remarkable maturity and ability in his debut season, would provide a boost for the back six.
"Our defenders have a got a really big job ahead of them this week… [but] we've got a couple of defenders in really good form," Henderson said. "We rested Jakey Lever last week so hopefully he might come back this week and be fresh. "He's just really composed which is really good for a first-year player; down back he just seems to have a lot of time and space. "His one-on-one stuff is really good as well, so that's just what he's bringing to the team and hopefully he's back this week and he can do that for us."

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-08-24/lever-looms-large-for-recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back