2015 SC NAB Challenge Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUPERCOACH SCORES (*West Coast players in bold)

136 Nathan Fyfe

130 Tom Sheridan

127 Michael Johnson

120 Chris Masten

117 Scott Selwood

96 Lee Spurr

95 Mark LeCras

91 Matthew Pavlich

90 Andrew Gaff

86 Cameron Sutcliffe

86 Lachie Neale

85 Chris Mayne

84 Jeremy McGovern

80 David Mundy

80 Patrick McGinnity

79 Stephen Hill

79 Luke Shuey

78 Dom Sheed

77 Matt Priddis

76 Garrick Ibbotson

74 Matt de Boer

74 Josh Kennedy

73 Shannon Hurn

72 Zac Clarke

72 Clancee Pearce

70 Matt Rosa

70 Michael Walters

66 Nic Naitanui

61 Luke McPharlin

61 Sam Butler

60 Sharrod Wellingham

58 Aaron Sandilands

57 Elliot Yeo

54 Max Duffy

53 Scott Lycett

52 Jamie Bennell

49 Jamie Cripps

48 Jack Hannath

47 Hayden Crozier

47 Connor Blakely

42 Tom Lamb

40 Brad Sheppard

39 Jackson Nelson

36 Danyle Pearce

16 Fraser McInnes

14 Simon Tunbridge

2 Tanner Smith

0 Nick Suban

Who the **** are CD kidding with Fyfe on 65? Seen him kick it directly to an opponent 3 times, drop a chest mark, shank two shots at goal and give away a couple of dumb free kicks amongst a couple of pretty decent handballs in close and many long kicks to a contest which seem to count as effective disposals even though they don't maintain possession for his team.
Surely he's in your team then??

Certainly could.
Could? Relton Roberts could play 6 or 7 games straight too ;)

Surely he's in your team then??

Could? Relton Roberts could play 6 or 7 games straight too ;)
Relton Roberts and Isaac Heeney do not belong in the same conversation.

You do know how to play this SC game I take it?

:p

somebody please tell me again why Heeney won't play rd 1?

Sydney have a tough team to break into. I think he could be one of those rookies that are in and out of the team a fair amount, as well as being a sub candidate. Obviously if the Swans get an injury or two he could become a permanent member of the team.

Sydney have a tough team to break into. I think he could be one of those rookies that are in and out of the team a fair amount, as well as being a sub candidate. Obviously if the Swans get an injury or two he could become a permanent member of the team.
Agree 100%.

But he could play 6 or 7 straight instead??

So far we have Titch and Heeny playing the first 6-7. Wonder which two of their GF side won't play for the first 7 rounds......

The thing is, that it wouldn't be the end of the world if he played 7 games out of the first 12. A true/false answer to your question isn't really that important.
Tom Mitchell 2014 says hi.

I perversely want him to be named the sub or omitted round 1 as it will destroy alot of the structures that people have set up with their teams. Looked too good though to not be given a run, don't think he'll be scoring 90s every week though and will play through their forward line mostly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Mitchell 2014 says hi.
A mid-priced player who doesn't consistently play early in the season is very different to a rookie-priced player.

Don't tell me you started Tom Mitchell in 2014. That was just a trap for rookies set up by CD for the lols. :rolleyes:

A mid-priced player who doesn't consistently play early in the season is very different to a rookie-priced player.

Don't tell me you started Tom Mitchell in 2014. That was just a trap for rookies set up by CD for the lols. :rolleyes:
Because the Sydney selection panel care whether a player is rookie priced or mid-priced when selecting their 22 :rolleyes:

Because the Sydney selection panel care whether a player is rookie priced or mid-priced when selecting their 22 :rolleyes:
No, because when you start a mid-priced player in your team you expect them to be in your 22 onfield every week whereas you don't expect all of your rookie-priced players to do so.

Don't you know anything about this caper? :p

Agree 100%.

But he could play 6 or 7 straight instead??

So far we have Titch and Heeny playing the first 6-7. Wonder which two of their GF side won't play for the first 7 rounds......

Malceski says hi :p
McVeigh has missed the last 2 games with a calf strain and will be 50-50 for Round 1.
Tippett is also 50-50 for Round 1.

Cunningham and Lloyd played 20 plus games in a row last year - the latter was on the rookie list.
Ditto with Rampe in 2013

Unlike his predecessor, Longmire doesn't mind throwing a rookie in the deep end and perservering with them.

McVeigh has missed the last 2 games with a calf strain and will be 50-50 for Round 1.

Cunningham and Lloyd played 20 plus games in a row last year - the latter was on the rookie list.
Ditto with Rampe in 2013

Unlike his predecessor, Longmire doesn't mind throwing a rookie in the deep end and perservering with them.

Cunnigham, Lloyd and Rampe were all > 20 yo, Heeney is still 18. Not saying that he wont play just that it isn't entirely the exact scenario.

Cunnigham, LLoyd and Rampe were all > 20 yo, Heeney is still 18. Not saying that he wont play just that it isn't entirely the exact scenario.
That's a fair point, but Heeney does offer a point of difference in that he can play anywhere on the ground and add clearance work to midfield that is deficient in this area. I think he will play Round 1 and it will be his spot to lose, but he will certainly be vested on occasion (hopefully of the red variety).

That's a fair point, but Heeney does offer a point of difference in that he can play anywhere on the ground and add clearance work to midfield that is deficient in this area. I think he will play Round 1 and it will be his spot to lose, but he will certainly be vested on occasion (hopefully of the red variety).
You obviously rate him fairly highly, tell me what is his role?... utility? ... position, thanks? He certainly is a talent, just looking at him its hard to work out exactly what type of player he is going to be?

He's better than Lloyd & Bird. Just because they played in a GF doesn't make them better than Heeney. Jack also looks like he has some internal injury.
Maybe he is. I still have concerns over whether he'll get a game every week. Skill is not the issue, his body is. Could be wrong, could be right. That's what makes SC a great game.

Ditto with Rampe in 2013

I agree with Thuggee here.
I think there is SOME opportunity there for him, if he proves to be up to it and takes his chance.
Malceski leaving likely changes McVeigh's role, and looks like it will change Jetta's role as well. He could easily outperform Lloyd, perhaps even Cunningham. Potentially time at half forward and on a wing available. There is a role there. If he keeps delivering as he has done, he could conceivably play all year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back