2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my off season will be spent culling the following list to 4, or at the most 5, for my mids:

Albett, Rocky, Pendles, Fyfe, Griffen, Steven
I'd love to start with Ablett, Pendles, Rocky and Fyfe for the ideal midfield, but it would take a decent chunk out of the salary cap. Based on their current averages, which shouldn't change much in just one remaining round, and this years magic number, their prices next year will be about $735k (Ablett), $710k (Rocky), $680k (Pendles) and $660k (Fyfe). Griffen and especially Steven will be good value at around $505k and $450k respectively.

I'd love to start with Ablett, Pendles, Rocky and Fyfe for the ideal midfield, but it would take a decent chunk out of the salary cap. Based on their current averages, which shouldn't change much in just one remaining round, and this years magic number, their prices next year will be about $735k (Ablett), $710k (Rocky), $680k (Pendles) and $660k (Fyfe). Griffen and especially Steven will be good value at around $505k and $450k respectively.
Yup agree it would take up way to much cash/cap space.
If you were going for 5/5 mids from the start you will have to get a griffen/crouch/hartlett type plus another value pick ala stevens.

Yup agree it would take up way to much cash/cap space.
If you were going for 5/5 mids from the start you will have to get a griffen/crouch/hartlett type plus another value pick ala stevens.
Yep, I was thinking two of the ultra premos + Steven and Griffen but I will only consider the last two if they are flying in the preseason

I'd much rather go with Ablett and Pendles as my two premiums. Pendles has had a down year, and he's still killed it.

Ablett, Pendles, Prestia, Griffen, Steven and rookies will be my starting midfield as it stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely NOT taking highest priced fwd and def in starting team next year. Ultimately Danger & McVeigh have been keepers and comfortably inside top 8 in their positions, they dropped nearly $100k each early on.
I can see alot of people not going Dangerfield at the start next year. He won't be too expensive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back