2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well goddard and Lids are both locks for mine.

Mitch Clarke will be in there as well.

First player picked in my forward line. :D:thumbsu:

Not making the same mistake as I did this year by picking spud Wingard over him! :mad::thumbsdown:
If he'd been changed to MID only he'd still have been first picked. Massive man-crush. Picked him up in 2013 after his long layoff too :)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...culative-rookies/story-e6frf3e3-1227169363207

SuperCoach 2015: cheap veterans the way to make money rather than speculative rookies

OUR TOP 10 CHEAP PICKS

1. Jesse Hogan ($130,400, fwd)

2. Nathan van Berlo ($215,600, mid)

3. Mitch Clark ($155,200, fwd)

4. Nathan Freeman ($123,900, mid)

5. Jed Anderson ($141,400, mid)

6. Tim Membrey ($172,000, fwd)

7. Nathan Krakouer ($106,900, mid-fwd)

8. Trent Dumont ($123,900, mid)

9. Christian Salem ($185,000, fwd)

10. Shaun Edwards ($123,900, def)

Not in the same league as Kreuzer and Sandi, but Tom Bellchambers will be very cheap next year and could be worth a shot if a cheap R2 is needed and no rookies present themselves. He looks cooked at the moment, but didn't have a pre-season and has been parked forward as he's nowhere near 100%.

Wil be $315k minus injury discount atm, averaged 80-85 last two years and expect that to improve slightly next year. Probably not worth it unless a couple of the big fish go down, but food for thought anyway.

With only 3 spots in the ruck, I dare say alot of people will be shying from risky choices. If your going to take a punt at that price, Kruezer would be your best bet, or maybe Berger.

I can't see Sandi going the long haul this year, so wouldn't mind Griffin at that price as well.

Griffin is not the second Ruck at Freo. That will be Clarke.

Clarke will miss alot of the start of the season, which is why Griffin wasn't traded. Griffin should see some early games, and if he plays well, which I think he will if he is fully fit, he should hold his place long enough to make some cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it appeness or tabener or someone else?
Griff seems a 3rd or 4th pick b4 griffin according to da freo board

They could go with that line up, given both Apeness and Tabener would alternate with the forward line. M<ight be a good idea for Freo to pump some experience into these guys with Pavlichs departure inevitable.

But I figure they must have kept Griffin for a reason, if they didnt plan on using him they would have traded him, and if he didn't think he was going to get a game he would have requested a trade, he isn;t a slouch, and would go well in a team with some young rucks (i.e. Collingwood, St Kilda, Carlton)

They could go with that line up, given both Apeness and Tabener would alternate with the forward line. M<ight be a good idea for Freo to pump some experience into these guys with Pavlichs departure inevitable.

But I figure they must have kept Griffin for a reason, if they didnt plan on using him they would have traded him, and if he didn't think he was going to get a game he would have requested a trade, he isn;t a slouch, and would go well in a team with some young rucks (i.e. Collingwood, St Kilda, Carlton)

No disrespect but he wouldn't get a game at St Kilda blues or pies.

I dont read the Freo board a lot in the offseason. It becomes a big circle jerk between the guys who watch training.

If Sandi gets injured I would expect Clarke and Griffin to both be in the team depending on injuries of course. A lot of posters last season wanted Clarke dropped and to play Apeness and Taberner as second ruck but I dont think they are physically up to it yet. Apeness last season was 18 and coming off knee surgery why would you want to expose him in the ruck.

Clarke is also one of the most unpopular players on the board due to his performance in some big games as a forward. I think he is not a good forward but the second best ruck at Freo.

No disrespect but he wouldn't get a game at St Kilda blues or pies.

No disrespect taken, without disagreement in opinion these boards wouldn't be much fun.

I think people forget how good Griffin was when Sandi was out injured a few years ago. He may not be in his prime, but he isn't that far from it. I would take him over Warnock, Hickey or Grundy. Kruezer wont play as no. 1 ruck for a while, Hickey has 25 games under his belt so hardly the best candidate to lead a teams ruck for a year, and the same could be said for Witts and Grundy with a combined total of 49 games. I'm not saying that they would trade any of these guys out, in a few years they could possibly be the leading rucks, but there is a reason Collingwood bought over Ben hudson (even though it didn;t really work out) and that was to take some of the pressure off the young rucks, which is a good thing.

Dont underestimate the difference an experienced ruck makes, Collingwood and St Kilda had the 2nd and 3rd lowest hit out to advantage percentage within the league last year (Carlton wasn't actually that bad, I just dont rate Warnock). In 2012 when Griffin played for half the year without Sandi, Freo still maintained the 2nd most hit outs to advantage behind the duo of Cox and NicNat.

Both Collingwood and St Kilda could use an experienced hand in the ruck, even if its not for the full year, I mean your a Collingwood supporter, are you really saying that your ruck duo at the current time going to beat out half the other ruck combos in the league.

Geelong has some decent rucks, but look at how we went last year when they all went down. Might have actually gotten over North in the final if Goldstein wasn't able to pretty much gift the ball to who ever he wanted through out the night. Blicavs was trounced by Goldy, and he has more experience than any of Collingwoods or St Kilda's rucks. I would have been pretty happy having Griffin trodding around then.

This is the year of the Power.
Players to watch which people don't appear to be considering:

- Ollie Wines (one of the first picked in my team, he is going to be a top 10 mid by the end of the year. Mark my words)
- Boak ( the first picked in my team, will win the Charlie this year)
- Hartlett (second picked in my team, looks to finally have his injury woes behind him)
- Ryder (Could be anything in the Power lineup, watch his role closely early on)
- Gray (Speaks for itself, everyone should have him)
- Polec (One to most definitely watch, he was huge for everyone early on last year with some big scores. Now he has had another huge preseason he could truly explode. Wait and see)

That's my biased view, however I think picking a 3-4 Port players this year is almost a must.

- Ollie Wines (one of the first picked in my team, he is going to be a top 10 mid by the end of the year. Mark my words)
- Hartlett (second picked in my team, looks to finally have his injury woes behind him)
- Ryder (Could be anything in the Power lineup, watch his role closely early on)
- Polec (One to most definitely watch, he was huge for everyone early on last year with some big scores. Now he has had another huge preseason he could truly explode. Wait and see)

That's my biased view, however I think picking a 3-4 Port players this year is almost a must.
Thoughts on Chad Wingard? Played almost predominantly as a forward last season, any chance of more midfield time?

I'm sensing a little bias with regards to Wines, he should increase but top 10 is a bit presumptuous. Can't rule anything out though.

If Harlett was still available in the backs, i'd take him, but a lot of other people ahead of him in the mids imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back