2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nailed it, he will definitely play, but I don't feel he is a SC relevant player as yet.

Very few KPP are until they start pushing up the ground (NRoo, Franklin, Pavlich). Otherwise they are just frustrating, 150 one week, 40 the next (JRoo, Kennedy) but end the year with a 90 average.

If you look at Greene's emergence at season's end, there did seem to be a fair correlation between his upsurge in points scoring and Coniglio missing games, when the two played together they seemed to share the points much more evenly. Only Ward didn't take a points hit based on a full compliment of GWS midfielders playing.

Yeah I saw that as well, both Coniglio and Whitfield were out for Greenes end of year run, so with both of them coming back maybe Greene isn't as attractive. I still think he will improve this year, but maybe not as much as I hoping, i've tentatively replaced him with Treloar.

Both GWS and GC will be interesting to watch this year with the caliber of players up and coming in both midfields.

Travis Colyer?

Improved a lot in 2014, anyone expecting him to continue on his form into 2015?
11 games in 2014 @ 75.2 average.
Thoughts?

He has never played more than 11 games, and thats with all the issues Essendon have had, can't see him making any significant changes to that. Too many other players ahead of him.

He was coming off a low base though.

Got a run at it of 10 games but threw up a 50, 56 and 65 to go with his 92, 94, and 100.

Should improve again, but at $400k+ would want to be a mid keeper and unless all signs point to a sixth-year breakout, pass.

He has never played more than 11 games, and thats with all the issues Essendon have had, can't see him making any significant changes to that. Too many other players ahead of him.

He cemented his spot in the team the second half of the season, becoming a valuable player with his burst of pace across the half forward line. Has been impressive at training so far and will improve again. Baring injuries he will be in the 22 all year.

However having break away pace as your main asset doesn't suit SC scoring. Yes he will improve but his SC scoring won't improve consistently enough to make him a SC keeper.

Any love for Bryce Gibbs? Could he go past Murphy?
If you are happy taking your eventually M7/8 from Rd1, if that fits your overall strategy/fund distribution, then you could do worse. Certainly be POD. I think his performance last year will be a fairly accurate guide for what he will deliver in 2015. Consistently playing midfield under Malthouse, best year of his career last year football wise, not sure SC wise but must be close to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't give much hope to Murphy there.

Still think Murphy will be a 100+ player. Just Gibbs will score better. Mainly due to Gibbs hitting the scoreboard more frequently.

Gibbs and Murph finished up as the 23rd and 24th highest averaging mids last year. Can see Gibbs jumping a few spots, can't say the same for Murph. I feel as though around 20ish is right for him.

Still think Murphy will be a 100+ player. Just Gibbs will score better. Mainly due to Gibbs hitting the scoreboard more frequently.

Gibbs and Murph finished up as the 23rd and 24th highest averaging mids last year. Can see Gibbs jumping a few spots, can't say the same for Murph. I feel as though around 20ish is right for him.

If you take out Murphy's injury affected 27 in round 22 he averages 110.2 which puts him in the top 15 mids.

Assuming he goes through the season and plays out every game, are you expecting him drop his output?

If you take out Murphy's injury affected 27 in round 22 he averages 110.2 which puts him in the top 15 mids.

Assuming he goes through the season and plays out every game, are you expecting him drop his output?

Didn't know he had that 27. Can't see much room for improvement past 110, only because I don't think Carlton will fare to well this year.
I guess his output really depends on who other teams see as the bigger threat, him or Gibbs. Or Juddy...

On further inspection since his average of 118 in '11 he's always chucked in an injury related stinker to through his average out though, '12 38 (shoulder?)
'13 22
'14 27...

Maybe I just underrate him.

Didn't know he had that 27. Can't see much room for improvement past 110, only because I don't think Carlton will fare to well this year.
I guess his output really depends on who other teams see as the bigger threat, him or Gibbs. Or Juddy...

On further inspection since his average of 118 in '11 he's always chucked in an injury related stinker to through his average out though, '12 38 (shoulder?)
'13 22
'14 27...

Maybe I just underrate him.

Maybe, or maybe your right.

Everything is opinion or an educated guess at this stage anyway. :p

Gibbs averaged 106 last year. Some big 150+ scores in there too. Two ordinary scores of 61 & 69 but some very consistent scoring there. I don't know about you guys but when I watched hime play last year he looked to be playing a lot more inside and getting his own pill. Seemed to enjoy it too!

Gibbs averaged 106 last year. Some big 150+ scores in there too. Two ordinary scores of 61 & 69 but some very consistent scoring there. I don't know about you guys but when I watched hime play last year he looked to be playing a lot more inside and getting his own pill. Seemed to enjoy it too!

He has definitely stepped up under Mick and seems to be relishing his new role. Not sure if he will go above Murphy this year though, might start copping a tag from time to time which he wont be use too.

He has definitely stepped up under Mick and seems to be relishing his new role. Not sure if he will go above Murphy this year though, might start copping a tag from time to time which he wont be use too.

I'm looking very closely at him. Will be an excellent POD and I think could go big. Not a huge gamble but could be the one that everyone looks back at in September and says "How did I miss that?"

Never thought I would ever see a BF opposition fan say that about Squibbsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back