2015 SC Proposed Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My idea would be to allow each team to be able to make 5 trades in one week once a year.
Could be a wildcard for instance.
And those who say the last couple weeks are freak incidents.
I remember 2009, i was flying in SC, dominating to the GF.
Then Ross Lyon decided to rest half the St Kilda side in the last round and it cost me the flag
Thus i have no freo players bar sandy at the business end of the season

as i said last year, 30 trades as always but no cap as to how many you can use in a week, 30 trades for the year can be used as many and whenever you want

Too many teams dead by rd 14 imho given the above

I'd like to see updated DPPs, either quarterly or just mid season.

I'd like to see a coach 'earn' an extra trade for every million dollar profit on total team balance. It rewards the savvy and aggressive trader.

Eg: 11 million = 1 bonus trade etc.

Really need to broaden the horizons in regards to point scoring. Give scores for 1 percenters, running bounces, and change up slightly how much each possession is worth points wise. Purely just to bring more players into relevancy for Supercoach. Currently the aim is to pick 30 midfielders, or as close to it as possible. Too many teams end up being too similar.

Really need to broaden the horizons in regards to point scoring. Give scores for 1 percenters, running bounces, and change up slightly how much each possession is worth points wise. Purely just to bring more players into relevancy for Supercoach. Currently the aim is to pick 30 midfielders, or as close to it as possible. Too many teams end up being too similar.
Almost certain these are both already part of CD's scoring system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost certain these are both already part of CD's scoring system.

Really ?? If so I did not know that. How many points do u get for a spoil?? Daniel Talia has a hundred spoils a game and scores 12 points ???

Yep, 1% percenters get points (albeit minimal) but I don't believe spoils do unless they're game-changing in some way, which probably count as a 1% or something similar anyway.

Yep, 1% percenters get points (albeit minimal) but I don't believe spoils do unless they're game-changing in some way, which probably count as a 1% or something similar anyway.
There are points for spoils. I've read somewhere previously that there are 57 different ways a player can score (or lose points). Some are just variations on others - eg. long kick to effect, long kick to effect inside 50, etc.

These two articles are worth a read. Whilst they are 2-3 years old, most of the info is still valid.

http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/Post/1533/From-inside-the-world-of-Champion-Data

http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/Post/1632/Some-more-from-Champion-Data

I'd rather we didn't play any league games during the byes and just played them from round one instead.

The amount of people they have watching and recording what happens in a game, explains to me some of the problems associated with SC, One main caller and one backup can not possibly notice everything that goes on in a game of football concerning all players, especially with so many contested possessions won in packs now days. That's why you can be watching a game and watching the scoring at the same time, notice one of your players lay a tackle or get a handball and receive no points for it. l don't know if it just me but l seem to notice it a bit.

Really ?? If so I did not know that. How many points do u get for a spoil?? Daniel Talia has a hundred spoils a game and scores 12 points ???
4 points for a spoil that goes straight to a teammate. (Equal value to effective kicks, uncontested marks from oppo kicks and tackles)
2 points for a spoil that goes out of bounds or puts the ball into dispute. (Equal value to uncontested marks from a teammate's kick)
1 point for a spoil that goes straight to the opposition. (Equal value to a hitout that doesn't go either to advantage or to opposition)

4 points for a spoil that goes straight to a teammate. (Equal value to effective kicks, uncontested marks from oppo kicks and tackles)
2 points for a spoil that goes out of bounds or puts the ball into dispute. (Equal value to uncontested marks from a teammate's kick)
1 point for a spoil that goes straight to the opposition. (Equal value to a hitout that doesn't go either to advantage or to opposition)

Great info, thanks for that.

More impressed your on OUR Bigfooty!

I'd like to see updated DPPs, either quarterly or just mid season.

I'd like to see a coach 'earn' an extra trade for every million dollar profit on total team balance. It rewards the savvy and aggressive trader.

Eg: 11 million = 1 bonus trade etc.
I'd be very against a change like that. I think a SC team is a well planned year long thing. It rewards those who do their research and trade well. To pick up someone like Goddard half way through the year at a bargain price and a POD in the mids and then have every man and his dog pick him up 4 weeks later I'm defence would s**t me no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back