Position 2015 SuperCoach rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few snippets about Caleb Daniel from the pre-season thread on our board. Could be great value at $117k, especially if he's a FWD:

Wow, Caleb Daniel will be a star! Already he looks one of our smartest players, and he hits up targets.
He looked so composed today. Classy by foot and by hand, seems to have plenty of time to assess and pass, and not afraid to stand under the ball while bigger bodies bear down on him.

Daniels kicking during the drill was spot on, hitting every target and his run through the midfield broke the drills apart when lunching to attack into the forward 50 which lead to 3 goals from Daniels kicks.
McLean and Daniels are in the mix for round 1 selection after being impressive all pre-season.

A few snippets about Caleb Daniel from the pre-season thread on our board. Could be great value at $117k, especially if he's a FWD:
Do you think he'll play? If so how much?

I will wait and see on DeGoey, just to see if he'll get time in the Collingwood midfield.
There are a few that will push into it with the loss of Beams - in Adams, Freeman (who is tearing it down atm), Broomhead, Kennedy and Elliot all vying.
I'm sure there is others, but if DeGoey gets time he'd be a good pick up.
I think Petracca is the main guy I'm looking at, the kid is a bull, he is a big bodied guy and has sufficient pace to immediately step into the AFL.
So I'd wait and see on Petracca and Brayshaw, but I think Petracca will come to hand quicker (horse term).

I will wait and see on DeGoey, just to see if he'll get time in the Collingwood midfield.
There are a few that will push into it with the loss of Beams - in Adams, Freeman (who is tearing it down atm), Broomhead, Kennedy and Elliot all vying.
I think Petracca is the main guy I'm looking at, the kid is a bull, he is a big bodied guy and has sufficient pace to immediately step into the AFL.
So I'd wait and see on Petracca and Brayshaw, but I think Petracca will come to hand quicker (horse term).
De Goey's game isn't suited to SC and I think he'll find it hard to find his place in their side next year.

De Goey's game isn't suited to SC and I think he'll find it hard to find his place in their side next year.

Yeah, I think he is a wait and see. A lot will depend on how well Swan recovers.
I am just looking around atm for players that could possibly get game time in the middle.
Petracca really stands out for mine, because he has the body to play AFL - and also has the attributes to slot right in.
I think Petracca could play mid/forward in his first year an do so at a high level.
Obviously Melbourne being so poor helps his cause, If Tyson, Jones or Viney were to go down, I could see Petracca immediately slotting in as a full time mid.
I can't say that about many of the other draftees, as most sides have more depth than Melbourne.
And.. IMO Petracca will come to hand quicker than Brayshaw. Hence the reasoning behind that.
I will admit though, I haven't looked deep into the rookies beyond this years crop of draftees.

Brayshaw is the most ready made player in the draft, lock.

Clem Smith (pick 60) Plays like Byron Pickett. Will probably be named as a SC Def but will play small forward for Carlton this year. With both Betts & Garlett gone, he should get early games if he has a half decent pre-season. Should be around the 120k price.

Petracca described this morning by jade rawlings.
strong legs immature body
average endurance

Petracca described this morning by jade rawlings.
strong legs immature body
average endurance
His endurance is better than average. And he's working on making it even better.

Not according to rawlings
was okay at beep test but didnt do the 3km time trial.
will be doing it in January apparently
He got a 14.1 from memory at the combine. That's reasonable. I also read an article before the draft that he was running 10km every morning with his mum. He may have average endurance, but when you are working that hard to improve it, it is great. He also hired a running coach from memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got a 14.1 from memory at the combine. That's reasonable. I also read an article before the draft that he was running 10km every morning with his mum. He may have average endurance, but when you are working that hard to improve it, it is great. He also hired a running coach from memory

All sounds promising.
However his mum doesn't run to afl standards and b if your a gun runner you don't need an extra coach
doesn't matter now as roosy will flog them all on the track. He'll be a jet eventually

All sounds promising.
However his mum doesn't run to afl standards and b if your a gun runner you don't need an extra coach
doesn't matter now as roosy will flog them all on the track. He'll be a jet eventually
Yeah. It shows his attitude towards running and AFL. He is trying very hard to improve it and become a better player. Having that attitude is almost better than having great endurance.

Daniel McKenzie from the Saint's just became an even more promising SC pick being given D/M status.
I find the Saints really difficult to get my head around SC wise. They have lots of kids on their list who have already been exposed at AFL level, and obviously selected even more in the recent draft. Who is in their best 22? Or even 30? Hard to know if kids like McKenzie will force out, and keep out, the guys who have 15-40 games experience.

Don't feel bad, I find the Saints really difficult to get my head around in general.
Good to see you still have your humour about it all. You have to when your team is down the wrong end of the table.
They're on the right track, just a few years of pain to get through before it turns around. Honestly, I don't think they had a choice but to take this path, with the state their list was in a couple of years back...
And as much as seeing Goddard, Dal Santo etc. run around for other teams might hurt a little, discarding them has hastened the rebuild. We'll see a lot more teams doing this going forward

So this garbage rookie price inflation isn't coming to SC is it? I thought what they did last year was alright with the prices getting lower down the order but seeing that AFL Fantasy or whatever it is having McCartin and Brayshaw near the 300k mark is frightening.

I've never looked into the AFL Fantasy but I'm assuming that the prices for rookies weren't that high for it last year.

So this garbage rookie price inflation isn't coming to SC is it? I thought what they did last year was alright with the prices getting lower down the order but seeing that AFL Fantasy or whatever it is having McCartin and Brayshaw near the 300k mark is frightening.

I've never looked into the AFL Fantasy but I'm assuming that the prices for rookies weren't that high for it last year.

From memory that was how it was on Fantasy last year, with the top rookies far more expensive than in SC or RDT. Should be safe from that rubbish in SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back