2015 Season Launch

From last night

KT talks about our offield partnerships a few examples of how Port does it a bit differently

Our partnerships are underpinned by 3 things - Knowledge, Care and Trust and mentions

* ISC and Richmond finals jumper turned over in 3 days to and from Fiji
* Energy Australia and funding Aboriginal Academy and sending them to Alice Springs this year
* Santos and Aboriginal education programs and a bureaucrat from the Prime Minister's office helping us
* Chairmen's club members raising money for the meusem
* Italian club supporters raising monies to refit our facilities and change rooms
* Mates at UniSA building with us Post Grad sports science education programs
* Volunteer Asian advisory board in China who are setting us up with contact after contact
to give us a foothold in South China region - you will hear a lot more about that getting traction
* Friends from SA government - built AO
* Rivergum, Lang Walker and other partners- last year built a house for great mates at Foodbank
* Foodbank said they are short of Vegemite. At Sydney game we are doing a Vegemite run
and collect a world record.

"These things dont happen unless you are engaged with each other."

That's what we've got going on as a group. "I'm saying to you know, if ever
we're not acting like that, I want you to whack us. Give me a call and tell
me 'cause we know if we can get into that space great things can happen."

KT then introduces us to Chris Hartley - President of the Childhood Cancer Association
and says this year the PAFC will put our arm around them to help them raise funds for important work
they are doing and the club is coming to us fans later in the year for our support. These guys
are largely unfounded by the government but doing incredible work.

Chris talks a bit about his association and the talks about Travis boak is an ambassador for Childhood Cancer Association
for 4 yaers. Every two weeks Boaky goes into ward and spends time with kids and the families. talks about that experience

In 2014 - 63 kids in SA diagnosed with cancer, 7 relapsed and 9 tragically lost their lives

Have a listen to what Chris' son has had to go thru the first time and then a couple of years later when he relapsed
As Chris said its not a marathon, but an ultra ultra marathon.

Don't forget the Attorney-General's department of SA who pour good cash into the indigenous programs too!

Don't forget the Attorney-General's department of SA who pour good cash into the indigenous programs too!

Your boss Johnny Rau got a mention, as did the silly Kout, Susan Close, Jay, and a couple of others - see the video.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chris Hartley - President of the Childhood Cancer Association and says this year the PAFC will put our arm around them to help them raise funds for important work they are doing and the club is coming to us fans later in the year for our support. These guys are largely unfounded by the government but doing incredible work.
Have a listen to what Chris' son has had to go thru the first time and then a couple of years later when he relapsed. As Chris said its not a marathon, but an ultra ultra marathon.

Jeepers! That was pretty special! ..... I love this club!

View attachment 119196

Embarrassment of riches.

untitled.JPG

fite me irl

Back