Review 2015 St Kilda Intraclub

Remove this Banner Ad

z150209_Webtile_intraclub.jpg

Looking forward to this match? I am.

Let us see your Probables v Possibles teams

Looking forward to seeing how the young kids go

Cant wait. Hopefully the ruckmen arnt all sporting similar hair cuts (couldnt tell them apart last year). Only annoying thing is that it is same day as soundwave...
Oh bugger, just got my ticket too, got a good discount with my seniors card though.:D

Most interested to see how Bruce goes. Does he have what it takes to be the secret weapon in our forward line? All the attention has been on Lee, White, Paddy, but Josh may be the surprise packet there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most interested to see how Bruce goes. Does he have what it takes to be the secret weapon in our forward line? All the attention has been on Lee, White, Paddy, but Josh may be the surprise packet there.
Bruce will be forward no doubt, surely to replace Stanley as fwd/2nd ruck initially with Paddy/Lee/Spence to fight out for other tall fwd gig?

Bruce will be forward no doubt, surely to replace Stanley as fwd/2nd ruck initially with Paddy/Lee/Spence to fight out for other tall fwd gig?
For mine, the second tall role is Bruce's to lose. I reckon he's going to be a bit of a gun, actually. The sweet, sweet irony, if it turns out that he's the best of that GWS bunch of forwards over the journey... and we got him for pick 48! That would be flipping awesome. :D

Who would everybody most want to dominate? I would pick Spencer.

While we would all like to see big Spence set the world on fire AR's response to a question yesterday puts a dampener on my expectations for the big man this year. Hopefully he comes good.

Q. How has Spencer White and Tom Lee put in the pre season? Obviously they are 2 important players that we need improvement from, and do u need a runner for the 2015 season? as I'm available

A. Both Tom and Spencer have had good pre-seasons. Tom in particular has finally had some luck with his body and barely missed a session, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he performs in the NAB Challenge. Spencer still has another level to find with respect to his running capacity, but he also is heading in the right direction. Thanks for the offer, but at this stage we're ok on the runner front!

He's running out of time, be Spence. When he first came in, in 2012, there was plenty of room for him to come into that forward role, with virtually no other young KPFs on the books: Lee came in that same year, but it sounds like he was expected to be a third tall anyway; Tom Lynch had left the year before; Kosi was nearly done. In a lot of ways, the future was pretty much ensured for White.

But with the arrival of a #1 pick who plays his position, the shift from back to forward by Bruce, the arrival of Membrey which may mean Lee has to play as a more dedicated second tall, and the potential that we play a two-ruck structure - all these things put a bit of pressure on Spencaa. You can only survive on a cool highlights goal from Sandy for so long, and given his finishing last in time trials, etc, time may be running out. Add to that, he only got a one year deal - perhaps we're thinking of using him as trade bait and the end of the year?

He's running out of time, be Spence. When he first came in, in 2012, there was plenty of room for him to come into that forward role, with virtually no other young KPFs on the books: Lee came in that same year, but it sounds like he was expected to be a third tall anyway; Tom Lynch had left the year before; Kosi was nearly done. In a lot of ways, the future was pretty much ensured for White.

But with the arrival of a #1 pick who plays his position, the shift from back to forward by Bruce, the arrival of Membrey which may mean Lee has to play as a more dedicated second tall, and the potential that we play a two-ruck structure - all these things put a bit of pressure on Spencaa. You can only survive on a cool highlights goal from Sandy for so long, and given his finishing last in time trials, etc, time may be running out. Add to that, he only got a one year deal - perhaps we're thinking of using him as trade bait and the end of the year?

Not sure things are that dire for Spencer personally. He was recruited as a project player, has had a bad run with injuries and he will be given time beyond this year. He actually looks like he has made significant ground this season, albeit of a low base. Reiwoldt will not be around forever, and there is absolutely no evidence yet that Bruce will hold down a forward 50 position. It seems some have Bruce penciled in as a lock for a full time forward role. All based on 2 or 3 decent quarters of footy at Sandy playing forward and one 3 goal performance at senior level.

I know he was a forward as a junior but nothing about his movement in the forward line last year looked that natural to me. White might still be lazy, but he just looks a much more natural forward for mine. Let's just see if Bruce can cut the mustard as an AFL forward before we all start assuming he will hold down a spot.

Spencer still has a couple of years to prove his worth I feel.

I'd be amazed if he wasn't on the list in 2018 regardless of performance. Drafted as a project player and showed potential. Will be persevered ;) with for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back