HB: Houli Chaplin Batchelor
C: B. Ellis Miles Hunt
HF: Martin Vickery Knights
F: Lloyd Reiwoldt Edwards
R: Maric Deledio Cotchin
INT: Morris, Lambert, Foley SUB: Newman

In: lambert

out: conca

Good Side Alex. it who i would pick if Conca again shows limited form on Saturday. The guy needs to realize games in the seniors are not easy to get because your "fit"

Seriously people are getting on Concas back for "mistakes" but lids and Blastuin especially made just as bad mistakes and get a free pass. Reminds me of how people used to treat Edwards because the good stuff he did wasn't always noticeable but the errors were.

As for the back line I just don't understand why people think they won't play all of Astbury, Batch, Rance, Grimes and Chaplin?? They are all picked in the side this week for a reason and all would have been picked last week if Astbury was 100% ready. Getting 1 practice match for Astbury will be enough

Seriously people are getting on Concas back for "mistakes" but lids and Blastuin especially made just as bad mistakes and get a free pass. Reminds me of how people used to treat Edwards because the good stuff he did wasn't always noticeable but the errors were.

As for the back line I just don't understand why people think they won't play all of Astbury, Batch, Rance, Grimes and Chaplin?? They are all picked in the side this week for a reason and all would have been picked last week if Astbury was 100% ready. Getting 1 practice match for Astbury will be enough
Lids and Vlas by foot were terrible last week, so I agree.

Its not Conca's mistakes that have me worried mate. Its his lack of work rate thats got me worried. I have always been a Conca faithful but his last two games have been nothing short of horrendous. It looks like he is lacking in confidence so IMO place him in the VFL till his form screams pick me. IMO that would be the best thing for him.

Its not Conca's mistakes that have me worried mate. Its his lack of work rate thats got me worried. I have always been a Conca faithful but his last two games have been nothing short of horrendous. It looks like he is lacking in confidence so IMO place him in the VFL till his form screams pick me. IMO that would be the best thing for him.

You mean his last game last year?? As he has only played 1 preseason match.

Had 17 touches and laid a game high 5 tackles in about 75% match time from memory. That doesn't scream poor work rate and it didn't stand out as poor. Ellis for Ellis stood out as having a poor work rate but it's a praccy match and plenty go through the motions especially against a sub standard opposition.

You mean his last game last year?? As he has only played 1 preseason match.

Had 17 touches and laid a game high 5 tackles in about 75% match time from memory. That doesn't scream poor work rate and it didn't stand out as poor. Ellis for Ellis stood out as having a poor work rate but it's a praccy match and plenty go through the motions especially against a sub standard opposition.

My bad, thought he played two NAB games :oops:

Grimes Astbury Chaplin
Batchelor Rance Houli
Ellis Martin Vlastuin
Edwards Griffiths Deledio
Morris Riewoldt Vickery

Maric Cotchin Miles

Conca, Petterd, Hunt
Sub: Lambert

That would be my team for round 1.
Tried to not put Vickery in there as I don't rate him and think the team is better without him, however, Dimma loves him and this just won't happen.
Petterd is in as I think he is super hard done by on this board. Very versatile player who gives his absolute all to every contest.
The Morris-up-forward experiment will last only 2 short weeks in my opinion.
Conca also on thin ice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone after todays team think kamdyn mcintosh is going to be picked for round 1?

Ive heard you guys talk highly of him before a little surprised he was picked in the 22 today but he seems to be standing up. Maybe pushing Ellis into an onball role means Mcintosh fits on a wing.

Still dont see him in many teams but could he surprise on thursday week against the blues?

Really enjoyed being in Albury to watch the second NAB game. Some great signs actually but was only against Port's second's team. Not much team wise has changed. I am a bit iffy on Conca though, his kicking is no good and lack composure. Llody on the other hand, what a great half of footy. 4 goals and a couple goal assists. Grigg's outside spread and inside work was really good today so that is my one change. Along with Lloyd being confirmed as a sub. Houli is so important to our team. Batchelor is confirming his role in our team been fantastic defensively! Grimes was great though. Geez our back line is gathering depth and add potentially in the long run McIntosh.

B: Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Petterd
C: B.Ellis Vlastuin Grigg
HF: Deledio Griffiths Martin
F: Knights Riewoldt Edwards
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Hunt Morris Newman (rather him not be in the side though)
SUB: Lloyd
EMG: Grimes, Conca, Lambert, Vickery

In: Grigg
Out: Conca

Strengthened their spot:
Hunt: Sensational preseason has a lot of composure and attacks the ball.
Batchelor: Really stepped up his defensive game
Lloyd: What a half 12 disposals and 4 goals.
Grigg - Had one floater going into the forward 50 today in the third ended in a null ball but was great today 8 clearance and 7 stoppage plays. When we field a strong team his spread and run is necessary.

Weakened their spot:
Morris: Not going to be dropped. Love his attack and Dimma says he makes those around him better. Which is a huge positive
Conca - Disposal and decision making is not up that of being a best 22 player.
Lambert: When the big boys come out to play Lambert is a fringe player. A good one, but a fringe player.

B: Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Petterd
C: B.Ellis Vlastuin Grigg
HF: Deledio Griffiths Martin
F: Knights Riewoldt Edwards
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Hunt Morris Conca
SUB: Lloyd
EMG: Grimes, Lambert, Vickery, Newman

Out: Newman
In: Conca

Maybe even have Lloyd start? Miles is so important to. Grigg is a definite starter.

Anyone after todays team think kamdyn mcintosh is going to be picked for round 1?

Ive heard you guys talk highly of him before a little surprised he was picked in the 22 today but he seems to be standing up. Maybe pushing Ellis into an onball role means Mcintosh fits on a wing.

Still dont see him in many teams but could he surprise on thursday week against the blues?
ideally i'd like to have Ellis stay on a wing & add McIntosh & Hunt and all 3 can rotate etc. if need be hunt can tag someone who is getting out of hand etc and the other 2 can roam a wing each.

I reckon our Round 1 team will look like this (some is what I want to see)

B: Grimes - Astbury - Chaplin
HB: Houli - Rance - Vlastuin
C: Ellis - Grigg - Deledio
HF: Morris - Jack - Martin
F: Edwards - Griffiths - Vickery

1R: Maric - Cotchin - Miles

Bench: Lloyd, Batchelor, Hunt

Sub: Petterd/Conca/Knights/McIntosh/Lennon

I think we will go with a tall defende as it seems Dimma wants to use Rance/Grimes/Batch on the small/medium forwards with Astbury and Chaplin taking the 2 talls. I know Rance provides good run but we still need him on the best forward IMO.

Sub position will be any of those I listed but I think Petterd offers us the most versatility. Conca and Knights are unlucky and will probably play but I don't know who gets the chop unless we go 3 talls up forward? I hope Lloyd is given the nod as he's a pure goalkicker and we need someone else we can rely on.

McIntosh and Lennon are also stiff but it's just such a hard 22 to put together.

Edit: I think Batch might have to miss allowing us to have another forward/mid rotation

I would like to this team and set up like this

B: Grimes - Astbury - Vlastuin
HB: Houli - Rance - Macintosh
C: Ellis - Martin - Hunt
HF: Deledio, Griffiths, Knights
HHF. Lloyd, Edwards
F. Jack

1R: Maric - Cotchin - Miles

Bench: Batchelor, Conca, Pettard, Lennon

Lennon and McIntosh should play R1. Great signs from both today.
I thought they were both poor defensively tbh .
We have lacked run all pre season again , not sure what Gordon has done but haven't seem him play midfield to much at all . It reminds me of 2013 and the time we took to introduce white .

Forget it.
Too many ahead of him in the queue.

I thought they were both poor defensively tbh .
We have lacked run all pre season again , not sure what Gordon has done but haven't seem him play midfield to much at all . It reminds me of 2013 and the time we took to introduce white .
K-Mac runs like a deer. Hard at it, laid a few tackles, kicked a good goal. I like the boy.

Lennon had half a dozen one-touch moments, held front position in the contest a few times and uses the ball so well. He's a great size and when he gets AFL strength and endurance he's going to be very good. Classy and developed enough to play now, but watch out in 2-3 years. Like him forward.

Both a great size.

K-Mac runs like a deer. Hard at it, laid a few tackles, kicked a good goal. I like the boy.

Lennon had half a dozen one-touch moments, held front position in the contest a few times and uses the ball so well. He's a great size and when he gets AFL strength and endurance he's going to be very good. Classy and developed enough to play now, but watch out in 2-3 years. Like him forward.

Both a great size.
Flashes of offensive work iof both of them is good , but defensively I don't like them .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back