State of Origin 2015 State of Origin Discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

So you'll be looking forward to next year when in all likelihood Korbin Sims makes his Origin debut ?
The same Korbin Sims who was born in Gerringong N.S.W and played for Gerringong until 2007 when at 15 he was signed by Brisbane with a contract beginning in 2008 ?
Once Anthony Griffin (who was working for the QRL as a development officer as well as Bronco's assistant coach) had got Sims' signature, he advised the Group 7 officials and Mick Cronin (Gerringong coach) that if Korbin Sims played first grade for Gerringong, or represented Group 7 Under 16's (either of which would make him instantly eligible for N.S.W under Origin rules), the QRL would sue Group 7 and Gerringong for, and I quote:

"So much,Cronin will have to sell his pub"

That's the Queensland spirit right there.
Korbin Sims, who is as N.S.W as the Harbour Bridge, is shattered that he has no choice but to play for Queensland.
So much so, he was considering making himself unavailable when considered for game II this year.
Try asking the Sims family, the town of Gerringong, or even the Group 7 officials what they think of Origin eligibility rules.
Queensland spirit and pride my arse.

Well firstly, I don't agree with it so I thank you not to assume.
Secondly, you have used this example to dismiss Qld's entire history.

If Sims was born in NSW, played junior footy in NSW and wants to play for NSW, I want him to play for NSW. As I said I don't want anybody to play for Qld that doesn't want to play because they have pride in their state. That's a complete aside to how the QRL might operate.

Well firstly, I don't agree with it so I thank you not to assume.
Secondly, you have used this example to dismiss Qld's entire history.

If Sims was born in NSW, played junior footy in NSW and wants to play for NSW, I want him to play for NSW. As I said I don't want anybody to play for Qld that doesn't want to play because they have pride in their state. That's a complete aside to how the QRL might operate.

OK.
See, the QRL don't give a fat rat about where you want the player to play.
And if Sims scores the try that gives Qld another series win next year, or in any subsequent years, will you be happy, or disappointed ?

OK.
See, the QRL don't give a fat rat about where you want the player to play.
And if Sims scores the try that gives Qld another series win next year, or in any subsequent years, will you be happy, or disappointed ?

I don't support the player, I support the team. I'm hardly going to have a silent protest because a player scores a try. My only want is that a player wants to be there. If Sims doesn't want to play for Qld, then he shouldn't play. If he plays and becomes part of the team and develops some team spirit, then all good.

As I said, I'm all about the passion of Origin, the dislike of each other. It picks up the fans and carries them more than any other game. I don't want to see it bastardised into a soul less all stars concept but I also don't believe that place of birth should dictate where you want to play.

So you'll be looking forward to next year when in all likelihood Korbin Sims makes his Origin debut ?
The same Korbin Sims who was born in Gerringong N.S.W and played for Gerringong until 2007 when at 15 he was signed by Brisbane with a contract beginning in 2008 ?
Once Anthony Griffin (who was working for the QRL as a development officer as well as Bronco's assistant coach) had got Sims' signature, he advised the Group 7 officials and Mick Cronin (Gerringong coach) that if Korbin Sims played first grade for Gerringong, or represented Group 7 Under 16's (either of which would make him instantly eligible for N.S.W under Origin rules), the QRL would sue Group 7 and Gerringong for, and I quote:

"So much,Cronin will have to sell his pub"

That's the Queensland spirit right there.
Korbin Sims, who is as N.S.W as the Harbour Bridge, is shattered that he has no choice but to play for Queensland.
So much so, he was considering making himself unavailable when considered for game II this year.
Try asking the Sims family, the town of Gerringong, or even the Group 7 officials what they think of Origin eligibility rules.
Queensland spirit and pride my arse.

Luke Keary says hi - not all a one way street

Luke Keary says hi - not all a one way street

lol. When did anybody from the NSWRL tell his club they'd take him to court ?

He wants to play for Queensland ? Let him.Overrated flog that he is.

Keary wants to play for Queensland.
Sims wants to play for N.S.W.
Just drop the (unworkable) Origin eligibility rules then and let anyone who wants to play, play for whoever they like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back